• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur VS Colchester United ***

Rest as many as possible with a strong bench. Any team we field should be able to beat Colchester.

My opinion, Poch should use this game for a few things

- Get our new CB pair together for on field time
- Test out our DM/Dier cover (Bentaleb?)
- Give Chadli, Son chance to continue to improve form, get into a run.

win, get job done and move on.

Dier, Kane, Eriksen, Lloris should not play .. everyone else could rotate ...

Agreed raziel, load the bench with big hitters, just in case something ridiculous happens, after all there's no way I want to go out of the fa cup at this stage, but a "Monaco" type team should be able to win this one.

That's not meaning any disrespect to Colchester or taking them lightly, just a fact that our ressies/fringe players managed to hammer Monaco so should be able to do the job v them.

Would be an opportunity to give Lamela bit of an extended break too after he was an unused sub against Palace...

Would like to see Onomah, Bentaleb, Carroll or Winks. Perhaps Walker-Peters will get a chance? Perhaps a season too early for CCV...

Chadli and Son would depend on what the plan is for the league fixtures.

As long as we have enough players playing who have experience of lower league english grounds we'll be fine.
That's where other teams tend to get unstuck away in the Fa Cup.
But we have the likes of Walker, Rose, Tripper, Carroll, Mason, Alli and Kane who have all played at this level.

Would be an opportunity to give Lamela bit of an extended break too after he was an unused sub against Palace...

Would like to see Onomah, Bentaleb, Carroll or Winks. Perhaps Walker-Peters will get a chance? Perhaps a season too early for CCV...

almost in reverse order

- I think Chadli & Son need playing time, against weaker opponents where they are more likely to score is a bonus (first 11 is good, if Chadli, Son, Bentaleb can get more playing time, be more effective alternates/subs, it could be the difference for us this season).
- Bentaleb I suspect is a starter (replacing Dier in DM), Carroll likely as well for Eriksen, Onomah either start or sub.
- Could see Winks, KWP & CCV on bench, only likely to get a run out if we are 4-0 up at some point ...

Vorm, Walker, Toby, Wimmer, Davies, Bentaleb, Carroll, Chadli, Son, Lamela, Onamah is probably a fair starting lineup

almost in reverse order

- I think Chadli & Son need playing time, against weaker opponents where they are more likely to score is a bonus (first 11 is good, if Chadli, Son, Bentaleb can get more playing time, be more effective alternates/subs, it could be the difference for us this season).
- Bentaleb I suspect is a starter (replacing Dier in DM), Carroll likely as well for Eriksen, Onomah either start or sub.
- Could see Winks, KWP & CCV on bench, only likely to get a run out if we are 4-0 up at some point ...

Vorm, Walker, Toby, Wimmer, Davies, Bentaleb, Carroll, Chadli, Son, Lamela, Onamah is probably a fair starting lineup

Son started against Palace, and Chadli's sub appearance against Palace could have done enough to earn him a start against Norwich. Although probably both still need game time, they might be better off coming into the Norwich game fresh if they do in fact get starts.

I quite like your line-up, though I could also see a lot of other options. Not entirely sure where we are at with full back rotation at this point, but could see it go either way.

Son started against Palace, and Chadli's sub appearance against Palace could have done enough to earn him a start against Norwich. Although probably both still need game time, they might be better off coming into the Norwich game fresh if they do in fact get starts.

I quite like your line-up, though I could also see a lot of other options. Not entirely sure where we are at with full back rotation at this point, but could see it go either way.

full back rotation is anyone's guess .. pick two, if they play in this one, they probably miss the next.

I don't think Poch has a problem playing 2 or 3 players for a couple of games in quick succession, the rotation seems less 1 in, 1 out (other than FBs) as compared to how many have you played in what period

full back rotation is anyone's guess .. pick two, if they play in this one, they probably miss the next.

I don't think Poch has a problem playing 2 or 3 players for a couple of games in quick succession, the rotation seems less 1 in, 1 out (other than FBs) as compared to how many have you played in what period

I definitely agree. But he also rotated quite heavily for the Leicester games, and this is against opposition that is surely worse than Leicester. We also have quite a few players coming into match fitness now that can probably be relied on a bit more than earlier in the season - even compared to the first Leicester game.

Will be interesting to see what Pochettino does.

He might consider sticking with the same FBs for a few games whilst Toby + AN Other settle or at the very least the same LB.

Completely agree with the first two bullets and last line. I'm actually quite confident about Wimmer stepping in for the next 6-8 weeks but would be good for Bentaleb to get some game time

Love this sort of tie. It is all about Colchester in a sense.
A draw and back to whl would not break my heart.
The jeopardy of defeat to a small club is why winning this competition should mean so much.

Would hope to see all of the bolded start. As for Chadli and Son, both of them will want to prove they can play up top alone. I didn't see the game bar MOTD highlights unfortunately so not too sure how Son did, but can be a chance show finishing ability.

I know Colchester are brick but far too many are going for too many kids almost Football Manager mode.

Maybe start with Carroll but Bentalab needs game time, and we need a decent performance to keep momentum. They may be crap but last thing we want is a replay. Mid strength team, one or two kids in the squad, one or two squad peripheral to start but let us get the job done properly first time.

We must exercise some caution when considering the team for Saturday. To troy out all the cliches Colchester have nothing to lose....they are dreadful and have been for many years just scraping out of relegation to League 2; they will almost certainly go down this season.

They have a very slow (typical for League 1) defence but Marvin Sordell (who scored against us for Burnley in the FA Cup last year) is the sort of striker who knows his way around the final third and could cause inexperienced and unprepared centre halves some problems.

The key is to be ahead by half-time, ideally at least two. We now have the mentality to close a game out but should the score still be level with 20 minutes to go we run the risk of being upset.

Although I'm sure Vorm will start I see no reason to 'rest' Hugo; the full-backs are very interchangeable so either combination is fine. Toby and Wimmer need practise playing together so as most senior CB's should start together.

Without knowing the midfield and attackers fitness levels its daft to suggest who needs a rest and who doesnt. That said I would suggest that Alli will be useful as he has experience of playing League 1 and it will be a good opportunity to give Josh Onomah a start so I'd go with:

Lloris
Walker, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose
Bentaleb, Carroll
Onomah, Alli, Son
Kane

subs: Vorm, Carter-Vickers, Davies, Dier, Eriksen, Chadli, Dembele

Gotta play Wimmer and Toby imo, be a training exercise for them two to build an understanding. 3 games in a week has come at a good time for them, they'll soon be up to speed as a partnership.

-------------vorm
walker----toby----wimmer---davies
----------bentaleb----carroll
--lamela------onomah-----chadli
--------------son

Back