• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea

So, essentially, the Chelsea tactics not only ended our title bid for this season, but are going to hamper us into next season too, since Dembele's ban looks like it will be 3+ games. Which is why the way we reacted was downright stupid, no matter how good it might have felt at the time. Chelsea scored a double victory with this one, I'm afraid.

Still feeling depressed about this result. Really thought we were going to win the league title or at least a Cup this season. Instead, we end up with nothing to show for our efforts this season. Find it hard to accept the way we throw away the chance to put pressure on Leicester in the title race until the end of the season. This proves yet again we still lack the experience and cutting edge to win tight matches. I think we badly lacked the experience to handle the pressure of expectations to win the league title.

Annoyingly, for the second consecutive match, we throw away a lead to end up throwing away valuable points which killed off our title chances. It would have been easier to accept if we had lost this match or came back from 0-2 down to draw the match. Instead, it is hard to accept the way we threw away a 2-0 lead to end up drawing this match. We needed the magical 3rd goal to kill the game off but we didn't create many chances after scoring our second goal. Unfortunately, the only real chance we had fell to Mason who wasted it.

Credit to Kane and Son for scoring our goals. It was great to see Kane scoring from the one-on-one chance after wasting many such chances earlier in the season. Lamela did well to assist the goal with another inch perfect pass. But too bad Kane didn't get any other clear cut chances after that. Son did well to score our 2nd goal from a perfect pass from Eriksen. But Son really should have scored another 2 goals before that. Son should have scored from the follow up after Lamela's shot was saved when the score was 1-0. Similiarly, Lamela too should have done better with his chance in that occasion. Son too should have scored much earlier but could not put his shot on target when he was unmarked. But the crucial miss was from Mason who hit it straight at the goalie when he was unmarked when the score was 2-1. He should have passed to the unmarked Kane. Annoyingly, Chelsea scored their 2nd goal just 7 minutes later. We could have won this match had Mason scored then.

Our midfield and defence did really well in the first half. We looked very comfortable with the 2-0 lead that it looked like we could score 2 or 3 more goals. But just like WBA match, we seemed like couldn't handle the pressure in the 2nd half. Both our midfield and defence started to make silly errors that resulted in them scoring 2. I think we could have stopped both their goals if our defence, particularly Alderweireld, had been more alert. I thought our substitutions too unsettled us as they scored their 2nd goal immediately after Davies replaced Rose. Also, not sure why Pochettino waited until the last minute to bring on Chadli to try to win the match. Chadli should have come on immediately after they scored their 2nd goal. In fact, felt we should have sacrificed our defence to look for the winning goal.

After coming so close to win the league title for the first time since 1961, it is really disappointing we threw away the chance like this. Let's hope Pochettino and the players would have got much needed experience from this failure to try to win the league title next season. But as proven this season, we still need another striker and a defensive midfield to do that.

Last edited:
I am glad you enjoyed it. What exactly did you enjoy most - the gouging, late tackles, brawls, yellow cards, injuries and impending suspensions? Or perhaps the result of throwing away a two goal lead and the end of our title aspirations while failing to put to bed the Stamford Bridge hoodoo? Oh yes, much to enjoy.
Seeing as Chelsea had already made it clear they'd do anything to stop us winning the title then those aspirations were already dead.

That meant I could enjoy everything else without the pressure. Behind their faux shock and disgust, most of the football world is probably smirking a bit at someone finally sticking it to Chelsea.

Seeing as Chelsea had already made it clear they'd do anything to stop us winning the title then those aspirations were already dead.

That meant I could enjoy everything else without the pressure. Behind their faux shock and disgust, most of the football world is probably smirking a bit at someone finally sticking it to Chelsea.

Au contraire. The rest of the football world is looking at us supporters and pointing with scorn and mockery at our stupidity in taking this sort of "pride" in our teams antics. Just as we would with them if they had acted in such a clamish way.

Au contraire. The rest of the football world is looking at us supporters and pointing with scorn and mockery at our stupidity in taking this sort of "pride" in our teams antics. Just as we would with them if they had acted in such a clamish way.
I've yet to hear from one of them.

Had it been anyone but Chelsea I'm sure you'd be right, but I've even had Arsenal fans congratulate us on doing what they wish their team had been man enough to do in recent years.

Exactly, even if we had beaten them at Stamford Bridge they we're going to roll over to Leicester on the last day. I loved it. Really loved it.

I was bothered we let a two-goal lead slip for sure.
But some of the whining i'm reading here about our "rough treatment" of those poor Chelski chior boys is pathetic!

Have you not seen the sly studs up kicks to Dembele by Mikel for example? Or Costa usual antics?
What should Dembele and co have done? Say "pretty please, don't hit me"?

fudge sake! By all means say Poch and the will have to learn to be a bit cuter sure (like Lamela!) but save the wailing and cursing for the likes of Costa, Fibreglass, Hazard, Mikel, Terry, Ivanovic, Willian and Cahill.

When an Arsenal fan forum wants to vote for Lamela as their new hero it puts what happened into greater context...

My take, my rant...

Like Pirate55 and a few others, I'm unhappy we let a 2-0 lead slip and it's now 27 years. It were a chance to get that particular monkey off our backs, but instead, both our full-backs had to go all macho when a little streetwise was required. When you're 2-0 up, by all means laugh at them, dish out some verbals, but don't leave a foot in when they're on the ground and the ball has rolled out for a goal-kick. And don't be a fudgewit by squaring up to their fudgewit with a minute left in the first half. Both Rose and Walker need to catch up on some videos from the likes of Maldini, Cafu, Lahm so as to up their full-back intelligence because deary me sad to say, both did come across as a right pair of dullards.

We should've won that game and if in the process picked up four, maybe five yellow cards maximum, that would've been fine with me, more so if Fibreglass and Hazard had to limp off injured.
How the Cahill goal was allowed to stand I'll never know and by a CL official too. We should've surrounded the ref for that and held the game up for a bit so as
to protest Dier being held by Ivanovic.

However I also share the viewpoint of Glorygloryeze and others, that some are going well OTT with their criticisms of our young players and manager.

The past few months our young players have been portrayed as the villains of the piece for daring to challenge the Leicester City fairy tale. Yet, we have done things the right way, played some great football, entertained millions and yet the media has been anti Spurs all the way. In all my years of watching football I can never recall bias in a title run-in such as this. I saw Jason Mohammad, Jason Roberts, Kevin Kilbane on the football focus programme celebrating a last minute Leicester City goal vs Norwich, with Jason Mohammad wetting himself and saying to the viewers, that he has never in all his time in the studio, seen a studio erupt with such happiness at a goal being scored. All of them nodding in agreement that the whole nation is willing on Leicester to win! Taxpayers money spent for theses luvvies who do not posses an inkling of impartiality or understanding that Norwich City, who suffered that undeserved injury time goal were in a relegation dogfight, and Norwich City fans don't they matter?
A couple of weeks back on MOTD, our friend Tim Sherwood dared to suggest that it'll be good for the run-in if Leicester were to lose a game to make it really exciting up untill the last day. I thought for a moment that Trevor Sinclair who was sat beside him , with that glare was going to stick one on our Timmy!

With all this Media bias against us, our players have also had to deal with players and managers of of forthcoming opponents to Leicester City coming out with their rubbish that they would like Leicester City to win the league! Like I've already said, I have been watching football for many years and I just cannot recall an instance like this. Liverpool in their heyday against other teams, never did I hear the other team being talked up in this way by those within the profession themselves. The Manchester United- Arsenal rivalry, did we hear players of other teams saying they would rather Arsenal win the league or, would rather Manchester United win the league? Spurs, ourselves have been put in positions where we are playing a game at the tail end of the season and where we have had to play one of the title chasing teams, have our players or manager ever voiced a preference and that they want the other team to win?

Our players have had to put up with some proper brick thrown their way meanwhile the PL higher-ups have been disgracefully sat on the hands saying nothing.

So yes, our players lost their cool and lashed out against such clamishness in the clamishness heartland but let's cut them some slack and show them just how proud we're of them against Southampton on Sunday.

Fucck em all, Fucck em all...

I was bothered we let a two-goal lead slip for sure.
But some of the whining i'm reading here about our "rough treatment" of those poor Chelski chior boys is pathetic!

Have you not seen the sly studs up kicks to Dembele by Mikel for example? Or Costa usual antics?
What should Dembele and co have done? Say "pretty please, don't hit me"?

fudge sake! By all means say Poch and the will have to learn to be a bit cuter sure (like Lamela!) but save the wailing and cursing for the likes of Costa, Fibreglass, Hazard, Mikel, Terry, Ivanovic, Willian and Cahill.

When an Arsenal fan forum wants to vote for Lamela as their new hero it puts what happened into greater context...

I would have preferred Lamela to have scored a hat trick and we win 5-0. I doubt very much whether he would be an Arsnl hero in those circumstances. But he would have been a hero to me.

My take, my rant...

Like Pirate55 and a few others, I'm unhappy we let a 2-0 lead slip and it's now 27 years. It were a chance to get that particular monkey off our backs, but instead, both our full-backs had to go all macho when a little streetwise was required. When you're 2-0 up, by all means laugh at them, dish out some verbals, but don't leave a foot in when they're on the ground and the ball has rolled out for a goal-kick. And don't be a fudgewit by squaring up to their fudgewit with a minute left in the first half. Both Rose and Walker need to catch up on some videos from the likes of Maldini, Cafu, Lahm so as to up their full-back intelligence because deary me sad to say, both did come across as a right pair of dullards.

We should've won that game and if in the process picked up four, maybe five yellow cards maximum, that would've been fine with me, more so if Fibreglass and Hazard had to limp off injured.
How the Cahill goal was allowed to stand I'll never know and by a CL official too. We should've surrounded the ref for that and held the game up for a bit so as
to protest Dier being held by Ivanovic.

However I also share the viewpoint of Glorygloryeze and others, that some are going well OTT with their criticisms of our young players and manager.

The past few months our young players have been portrayed as the villains of the piece for daring to challenge the Leicester City fairy tale. Yet, we have done things the right way, played some great football, entertained millions and yet the media has been anti Spurs all the way. In all my years of watching football I can never recall bias in a title run-in such as this. I saw Jason Mohammad, Jason Roberts, Kevin Kilbane on the football focus programme celebrating a last minute Leicester City goal vs Norwich, with Jason Mohammad wetting himself and saying to the viewers, that he has never in all his time in the studio, seen a studio erupt with such happiness at a goal being scored. All of them nodding in agreement that the whole nation is willing on Leicester to win! Taxpayers money spent for theses luvvies who do not posses an inkling of impartiality or understanding that Norwich City, who suffered that undeserved injury time goal were in a relegation dogfight, and Norwich City fans don't they matter?
A couple of weeks back on MOTD, our friend Tim Sherwood dared to suggest that it'll be good for the run-in if Leicester were to lose a game to make it really exciting up untill the last day. I thought for a moment that Trevor Sinclair who was sat beside him , with that glare was going to stick one on our Timmy!

With all this Media bias against us, our players have also had to deal with players and managers of of forthcoming opponents to Leicester City coming out with their rubbish that they would like Leicester City to win the league! Like I've already said, I have been watching football for many years and I just cannot recall an instance like this. Liverpool in their heyday against other teams, never did I hear the other team being talked up in this way by those within the profession themselves. The Manchester United- Arsenal rivalry, did we hear players of other teams saying they would rather Arsenal win the league or, would rather Manchester United win the league? Spurs, ourselves have been put in positions where we are playing a game at the tail end of the season and where we have had to play one of the title chasing teams, have our players or manager ever voiced a preference and that they want the other team to win?

Our players have had to put up with some proper brick thrown their way meanwhile the PL higher-ups have been disgracefully sat on the hands saying nothing.

So yes, our players lost their cool and lashed out against such clamishness in the clamishness heartland but let's cut them some slack and show them just how proud we're of them against Southampton on Sunday.

Fucck em all, Fucck em all...
Good rant, but you have to remember all this is because it's fudging Leicester. A once in three lifetimes story. If it was the Scum, City, Chelski, or another big team we were chasing, the narrative might have been different. I guess we won't know, unless we're in a similar situation in the coming years and are chasing a big team, instead of a fairy tale one.

Celebrating is not against the rules - scratching like a big girly and two footed 'tackles', if that what you call them are. We lost the plot and two points there are no upsides for us to that performance especially in the last 20 min!

2-0 up and we took our eye off the prize!

You had to be there - this was more than celebrating, he was posturing, baiting us and he got a damned good kicking. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes. I don't think Chelsea will be anywhere near as roostery next time we play them, yes they clawed back a 2 goal lead but they had to cheat, borrow and steal to do so. A referee would have controlled this game more effectively. Clattenburg isn't a referee in my view.

I would have preferred Lamela to have scored a hat trick and we win 5-0. I doubt very much whether he would be an Arsnl hero in those circumstances. But he would have been a hero to me.

Sorry to go all @Danishfurniturelover (lite) on this but i would rather i won the euro millions jack pot then proceeded to have a threesome with beyonce and shakira, including copious amounts of custurd covered foreplay... that didnt happen.... but still im glad i stuck up for my mates and myself and didnt allow myself to be bullied by bunch of racist snide cheating clams.

How the fudge, do some of our fans turn on our players after the season they have just given us????? And for what... standing toe to toe with those bunch of C.Unts

Also, whilst by their standards Chelski have been brick this year, how many times have they salvaged unlikely points late in a match at home this season?

Off the top of my head: Everton, Manure, West Ham...not sure if any of those had the wild tackles we saw in ours but we have to take our disappointment with the draw in context: if like other teams we let leads slip late in the match what would we have complained about instead of the poor rough treatment we gave those poor Chelski chior boys?

You had to be there - this was more than celebrating, he was posturing, baiting us and he got a damned good kicking. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes. I don't think Chelsea will be anywhere near as roostery next time we play them, yes they clawed back a 2 goal lead but they had to cheat, borrow and steal to do so. A referee would have controlled this game more effectively. Clattenburg isn't a referee in my view.

WELL SAID...I was not there, incidentally, but have been for similar situations when I wished we'd put ourselves about a bit more. Look, I don't think anyone is denying we need to learn to be smarter about it, however I have no problem whatsoever with the fight. Is there anyone who didn't smile at Dier's take out of Fabregas?! My mates, incidentally, said everything you said.

I was looking at tomorrow's fixtures and realized that Chelski could have affected our title challenge in all of the last three games. The games against us and Leicester are the obvious ones. But they're playing Sunderland tomorrow and, had they lost on Monday, could have easily thrown tomorrow's game to put even more pressure on Saudi Sportswashing Machine to have to win the final game against us to stay up. Moot point at this stage, but interesting how much sway over the title outcome they would have had.

It is a bit disappointing that we didn't celebrate our qualification to the CL at the end of the Chelsea match. We could have used it to hide our league title disappointment and make fun at Chelsea who failed to qualify to CL. Still remember the wild celebration at ManCity when we won the CL ticket in 2010. Who can forget Bentley pouring ice water on Redknapp during the post-match interview ! Wish we had done similiar crazy things after the Chelsea match. We could have paraded with a banner just to make fun of Chelsea players and their fans !

It is a bit disappointing that we didn't celebrate our qualification to the CL at the end of the Chelsea match. We could have used it to hide our league title disappointment and make fun at Chelsea who failed to qualify to CL. Still remember the wild celebration at ManCity when we won the CL ticket in 2010. Who can forget Bentley pouring ice water on Redknapp during the post-match interview ! Wish we had done similiar crazy things after the Chelsea match. We could have paraded with a banner just to make fun of Chelsea players and their fans !

It really went under the radar. Obviously 2010 was the first ever time so really was special.

Now, again, obviously. the big story was Leicester being crowned champions, but not one mention was made on Sky (didnt expect anything from the Beeb) about us officially qualifying for the CL (although we probably had after the United draw).
When Leicester mathematically qualified that warranted a mention, but no, not Tottenham.

Although not everybody, but that milestone also seemed to get lost by our fanbase too. Maybe not in August but as the season progressed qualifying for the CL became the primary target with finishing 2nd or even 1st, the icing on the cake. Monday's events overshowed that for a lot of people which really was a shame.

Back