• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT*****Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea, Saturday 8th March 5:30pm

****ing hell, that was a grimacing experience. Think me and the other fans who stayed til the end deserve a medal.

First half was one of the most boring spectacles I have ever been privy to. Chelsea are ridiculously well organised and deserve credit to a certain degree for the way they tackle/block 99% of things that come their way but it's very dull and if I was a zillionaire owner I'd want to see more. Not that we were much better, but when you play a right back at right wing and a midfielder on the left wing you're always going to struggle to look fluid going forward.

Then the can of worms opens early in the second half. I've just caught the replay and I guess you can't have a go at Vertonghen for slipping, that **** happens, but why the **** kick the ball towards your own goal? Should have just obstructed it to give away a foul if he couldn't get it well clear of the danger zone. And don't get me started on Kaboul... I could see him tying his laces at the time and thought to myself 'could he not wait til we're out of our own half, have a set piece or something', the bloody dope! All went wrong from there anyway, 50/50 whether it was a penalty but a red card was a needless double whammy and killed off any slim chance we had left. 2-0 would have at least looked respectable, but to concede the two late goals in the manner we did was frustrating to say the least. Sheer dumbness from Sandro then Walker.

I think tactically we looked okay, solid enough defensively, not too threatening going forward but good for a point until the first mishap. Thing is Chelsea are patient and wait for these mistakes cos they lack creativity themselves then they stick the knife in and we had no answer.

Overall, a very disappointing day out but perhaps equally annoying it just always felt so inevitable. Cos it was so Tottenham.

Right reading this and thinking how many of you were at the game??? For us there the first 50 mins until verts fell over was a good dispaly at the bridge. Loris had bugger all to do apart from a few half chances. There were a few balls over the top that caused us problems. But for those at the game which was a tense affair the first half was a good one
We fell apart because of a silly mistake. Maybe we could have got back into it had we not had a dodgy penalty so soon after, but once we were down to 10 it was inevitable. Chelsea were crap for the first half the bridge was the quiet, the yids ful of song. Yes it was a dissapointment but I feel there is hope. We beat the goons and we are back right in it. I dont do many away games but the support is.amazing. timmys press conference will hopefully drive us on. Yids!!!

Careful, you sound exactly like me of the last few weeks! :lol:
cheers steff for making me feel welcome. I
Used to post on the rivals forum before it got shut down. This is easily the most well informed and best debated spurs forum, but like any forum, especially spurs it can get a bit bitchy.
Cheers mate COYS!!!!

Again, .
----------------------------------Ade/Soldado/Kane-------------------------------

Townsend/Eriksen----------------------------------------------------Lamela/Lennon

--------------------Paulinho/Dembele------------Carroll/Bentaleb-----------------

---------------------------------Sandro/Livermore-------------------------------

Rose/Smith-----Chiriches/Veljkovic--------------Dawson/Caulker-------Walker/Naughton

------------------------------Lloris/new GK/Archer----------------------------------

Out of that bunch, Townsend, Kane, Lennon, Carroll, Bentaleb, Livermore, Caulker, Rose, Smith, Veljkovic, Walker, Naughton, Dawson and Archer I would classify as either having risen through our youth system or having been brought in at a young enough age to qualify as being raised by our youth system, at least for a season or two. That's 14 players, the majority of that 23 man squad I put up. Apart from Caulker, all those players are either already at the club or have been loaned out by the club with the option to recall them.

It is eminently achievable if we decide to go down that avenue. I'm not calling for every player in our squad to come from our youth ranks, just the majority of the squad, and the majority of any starting eleven.

Look at this:

----------------------------------Ade--------------------------------

Townsend------------------------------------------------------Lamela

----------------------Dembele------------Bentaleb-------------------

---------------------------------Sandro----------------------------

Rose---------------Veljkovic------------------Dawson----------Walker

----------------------------------Lloris-----------------------------

That's an achievable first eleven right now. So where does the extreme difficulty come in?

And, as a concluding remark, VDV, Bale, Lennon, Sandro, Townsend and Defoe have been my favorite Spurs players over the last few years. Bale and Lennon were bought as 16 year olds and came up through our youth tutoring system (while being first-team fixtures, but still), VDV, Sandro and Defoe all evidently bled (and in Sandro's case, continue to bleed) blue and white while in our colours, and Townsend is so 'Spurs' it hurts in terms of his previously stated desire to end his career playing for the club and his gratitude at being given a chance at the club he loves and grew up supporting.

I love players that give a f*ck about the club. There is a greater chance of that being the case with our youth players. Hence my fervent desire to see them turn out in numbers for our institution. And it isn't even that far-fetched, when you look at the possibilities I've listed above.

We will not win games without skill and flair of players like Ericson..so l have to dissagree about English players being as good as continental..In fact our national side reflects this. We have to somehow make all our players believe and take pride in this club as other clubs have done. Its difficult because players are spoilt ..thats the dilemma! We have to make them aware this is Tottenham Hotspur and we aim for the best! Otherwise..dont bother turning up for training......anyway... 60k plus Stadium as well. It looks like the club has bottled that! If you cant think your as big as the next club....your not...and so its goodbye Tottenham ...........

How we mocked when we saw Mertesacker rollicking Ozil for not going over to applaud their away fans after ARSEnal' loss at the Etihad...

@AddictedtoSpurs: As the players start to walk down the tunnel, Tim Sherwood points to the away support. #THFC
BiO68YuIgAATuPo.jpg

@AddictedtoSpurs: Steffen echoes Tim's gesture.
BiO9MfwIUAA3Yi3.jpg

That Chelsea qunt look angrier and more upset than any of ours. He's got that 'you're dead to me' stare going on.

Right reading this and thinking how many of you were at the game??? For us there the first 50 mins until verts fell over was a good dispaly at the bridge. Loris had bugger all to do apart from a few half chances. There were a few balls over the top that caused us problems. But for those at the game which was a tense affair the first half was a good one
We fell apart because of a silly mistake. Maybe we could have got back into it had we not had a dodgy penalty so soon after, but once we were down to 10 it was inevitable. Chelsea were crap for the first half the bridge was the quiet, the yids ful of song. Yes it was a dissapointment but I feel there is hope. We beat the goons and we are back right in it. I dont do many away games but the support is.amazing. timmys press conference will hopefully drive us on. Yids!!!

it was the same on telly but there were the signs:
- sandro overwhelmed again and again
- we did not have a striker, too busy in the midfield, didn't pose a goal scoring threat apart from long shots and lobbing the ball
- the high line was tested again and again, and the feeling was thrilling to think we could hold on to that ... but we were never really in control of the game

then came mourinho's masterclass - oscar for lampard. then we see we have been playing a sub-par chelsea and one that was set up to do battle with us. with tired legs oscar came on for the final thrust in what had been a pincer movement for in the first half - to peg us into the center. no looking back; mourinho's masterstroke > sherwood's wild gamble + no reaction.

it was the same on telly but there were the signs:
- sandro overwhelmed again and again
- we did not have a striker, too busy in the midfield, didn't pose a goal scoring threat apart from long shots and lobbing the ball
- the high line was tested again and again, and the feeling was thrilling to think we could hold on to that ... but we were never really in control of the game

then came mourinho's masterclass - oscar for lampard. then we see we have been playing a sub-par chelsea and one that was set up to do battle with us. with tired legs oscar came on for the final thrust in what had been a pincer movement for in the first half - to peg us into the center. no looking back; mourinho's masterstroke > sherwood's wild gamble + no reaction.

Sorry, what did they do any better than they did in the first half before the slip? it was a mistake and dodgy penalty decision that changed the game not an obvious sub that my 4 year old would have made.

[/B]

Sorry, what did they do any better than they did in the first half before the slip? it was a mistake and dodgy penalty decision that changed the game not an obvious sub that my 4 year old would have made.

They started passing through our midfield. They already had 2? decent chances before the goal after making a simple change that Timmeh had no idea how to react to. Not his fault, he's just the YTS boy.

As I said at half time, Mourinho was just turtling. He knew that we tire early because we don't control possession, he knew that we would initially park the bus and that it would be wasteful hammering against it. He knew that we were cramming the midfield and that eventually they'd break the offside trap and he knew that we were offering no attacking threat at all which allowed him to make the half time change that won the match.

This was Chelsea in second gear at best and Mourinho with his eyes shut. Had they really wanted to do some damage that could have got really nasty.

I was waiting for the Schurrle/Willian sub to happen, as I felt sure at 0-0, this would be the difference.

Back