• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT*****Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea, Saturday 8th March 5:30pm

Mate verts and Sandro's mistakes were part of the problem. Why do they deserve to be playing for another club?

Sandro's mistake was one of a midfielder pressed into emergency CB duty. Vertonghen made two mistakes back-to-back and IMO gave up on us a month ago. One I forgive and love for the effort and fight he always shows us. The other? Less said the better by me…needless to say, don't worry, we'll make sure your luggage reaches your new destination, just be on your way...

Verts is a prick, he's got that Ajax, Dutch sense of entitlement ( I know he's Belgian ) and that miserable effing mug has done my head in for a while. Yes he's a very good player, but I'm sick and tired of players who don't respect the shirt, club, support and history, we deserve better.
It's becoming a cliche now, but if you want champs league, work your arrogant ****ing **** off to get it for spurs.
I'm pretty sure we're seen as a stepping stone by many players around Europe, ( may well be stating the ****ing obvious ) and they just about enough to get the move to chelski, city, etc. Ok knee-jerk over, I'll attempt something more philosophical when a bit less ****ed off.

Careful, you sound exactly like me of the last few weeks! :lol:

How we mocked when we saw Mertesacker rollicking Ozil for not going over to applaud their away fans after ARSEnal' loss at the Etihad...

@AddictedtoSpurs: As the players start to walk down the tunnel, Tim Sherwood points to the away support. #THFC
BiO68YuIgAATuPo.jpg

@AddictedtoSpurs: Steffen echoes Tim's gesture.
BiO9MfwIUAA3Yi3.jpg

Did any of them actually go over?

Oh the irony.

We all get upset about a loss to Chelsea so we get all xenophobic. We've become the very thing we hate them for.

To make it worse, we can't even benefit from the xenophobia - English players are sh1t and they're only in it for the money too. So we'd have exactly the same situation but we'd be limited to a very small pool of inferior, overpriced players.

Oh the irony.

We all get upset about a loss to Chelsea so we get all xenophobic. We've become the very thing we hate them for.

To make it worse, we can't even benefit from the xenophobia - English players are sh1t and they're only in it for the money too. So we'd have exactly the same situation but we'd be limited to a very small pool of inferior, overpriced players.

Could you explain? I might genuinely have missed something. are you referring to criticism of Vertonghen? I personally couldn't care if he's from South Mimms, his attitude has been awful for weeks.

Could you explain? I might genuinely have missed something. are you referring to criticism of Vertonghen? I personally couldn't care if he's from South Mimms, his attitude has been awful for weeks.

There's been a few in this thread bemoaning foreign players and foreign managers. As if magically English players will care more about Spurs than they do haircuts and cars.

Sounds like the kind of thing a Chelsea fan will say - right after bemoaning all the Polish taking their jobs and right before heading down to the benefits office to pick up some more free money.

There's been a few in this thread bemoaning foreign players and foreign managers. As if magically English players will care more about Spurs than they do haircuts and cars.

Sounds like the kind of thing a Chelsea fan will say - right after bemoaning all the Polish taking their jobs and right before heading down to the benefits office to pick up some more free money.

To be fair I hadn't picked up on that…I agree. Nationality has nothing to do with it whatsoever. Silly to think it does.

To be fair I hadn't picked up on that…I agree. Nationality has nothing to do with it whatsoever. Silly to think it does.

How about youth-team players? I did mention in an earlier post that I personally couldn't care if 6 out of our eleven players in any given match (i.e, the majority) were Congolese or Ukrainian or whatever, as long as they all shared the common trait that they emerged from our youth system, know the club inside out and owe their professional development to the club and its staff. In lieu of that, buy more English players because they will at the very least have heard about us as opposed to someone from outside the country, but long-term that reliance on our youth system is something I strongly feel we should be aiming for, to prevent grumbling about players not wanting to be here and only being in it for the money. What is your opinion about that? Because the way I see it, the word 'xenophobia' is thrown around far too freely in a debate that has a lot more to do with finding players that care about the club and its ideals as opposed to throwing out Johnny Foreigner because his passport is a different color to yours. People want to see players that care about the club, who see it as more than just the 'pay-cheque provider': if some of them think that that can be achieved by bringing in more English players (a logical conclusion, if my earlier post on the subject holds true), then what use is denigrating those people as xenophobic?

I've bemoaned one foreign player, verts, and I think it would be hard to deny he's a bit of ****.
I thought Ade was great today, his first touch was great, movement great etc.
I remember the complaints after the scum game and how they're up for it, somehow Wenger makes them know what the NLD means and it doesn't matter what nationality they are, they get it. WHY?? It's not good enough, we're a special club and I don't give a pooh where they're from they should have the history hammered into them the moment they arrive.

I've bemoaned one foreign player, verts, and I think it would be hard to deny he's a bit of ****.
I thought Ade was great today, his first touch was great, movement great etc.
I remember the complaints after the scum game and how they're up for it, somehow Wenger makes them know what the NLD means and it doesn't matter what nationality they are, they get it. WHY?? It's not good enough, we're a special club and I don't give a pooh where they're from they should have the history hammered into them the moment they arrive.

He is a bit of a star.

What have you got on him to conclude he's a bleeped out word? He played well today and slipped! ffs. Crazy.

In my opinion we should start younger players. We are not a huge club with lots of money, so when we buy an already established player you can't buy the best, because the best are already at bigger clubs. We bought 2-3 young players this summer and the rest are players that could not make the cut to a top team, with these you can't expect to have great performances. Look at Soldado for example, although a goal scorer the highest he has been is Valencia, look at the spanish table they are 9th. Buying great prospects is mutual beneficial for us and for the young talents, they have the opportunity to play more that clubs like real, Emirates Marketing Project etc, and we get them cheaper and with a small salary. Keep 2-3 more experienced players and start raising a kinder-garden with players from 19-24 years old. It's hard to get excellent players through our junior programme simply because we are not the most popular,biggest team in town, there are a lot of clubs in London and we are not top 4 in the country either. Buy young, raise them and DON'T SELL. When we find the best formation and the right players, don't change it. This summer we got Eriksen, Chiriches and Lamela. Sell mercenaries and buy young guys in this summer as well. Keep these 3 for another year, see who has adapted and who didn't. Let's say Lamela will not adapt next year either, but Eriksen and Chiriches are settled and doing good. We keep this 2, buy another bunch in the summer and so on. Basically throw eggs at the wall for 2 years and keep the ones that haven't cracked.

just saw the sherwood interview, while its refreshing to hear someone speak so candidly, its also troubling to hear what we already know that vertongen and the like are just after their next payday, and am i right that none of our 7 "big" signings this year started today.

oh and tim hasnt been getting a lot of sleep by the looks of it

Chiriches - Injured
Lamela - Injured
Eriksen - Injured
Capoue - Injured

Paulinho, Soldado & Chadli on the bench

For the first time ever after supporting the club for over 30 years there is not one player that I have affection for or to say im proud to have him.
Even in our darkest days we had at least one player who was admired the world over but now we are just so average.
Klinsmann, Lineker, Ginola, Gazza etc etc etc there was always at least one name that transended the club to a wider audience. Now for the first time there is nobody that we are known for.

How we went from Berba, Bale, VDV and Modric to this lot I will never know.

I could easily get attached to Eriksen and Lamela eventually but wonder if it will be at another club where they reach their peak.

Even Jose Dominguez and Ruel Fox got me more excited than this group.

Last edited:
He is a bit of a star.

What have you got on him to conclude he's a bleeped out word? He played well today and slipped! ffs. Crazy.

Not crazy in any way.
If you read my earlier post he's a fantastic player and it was a slip, but his attitude sucks, we're his stepping stone and that ****s me off.
Have you not noticed what a arrogant miserable cnut he is.
As I posted earlier he's got Ajax written all over, class but expects the world without the effort.
I would love to love him but as I said d our club deserves to be better than a stepping stone for an arrogant pric.k

I don't know what happened to him, he was very likeable last season and the start of this one, then come November say, he just develops this attitude, you can see it when he plays. Maybe he's a top bloke in the dressing room, a right laugh, but **** me, does he portray the opposite to the fans now?

Spurmeup
I might be being a bit harsh considering he's been playing at left back, a lot of the season but his comments in the press and his body language they do look a bit ****. It'sBerba all over, he's a very good player , but he does tend to have the look of a player that doesn't want to be here. THFC we don't need that.

For the first time ever after supporting the club for over 30 years there is not one player that I have affection for or to say im proud to have him.
Even in our darkest days we had at least one player who was admired the world over but now we are just so average.
Klinsmann, Lineker, Ginola, Gazza etc etc etc there was always at least one name that transended the club to a wider audience. Now for the first time there is nobody that we are known for.

How we went from Berba, Bale, VDV and Modric to this lot I will never know.

I could easily get attached to Eriksen and Lamela eventually but wonder if it will be at another club where they reach their peak.

Even Jose Dominguez and Ruel Fox got me more excited than this group.

Lennon and Dawson for me. Maybe Walker too. They may not be the best in terms of ability but they do bust a gut.

Back