• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs CHAVSKI

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GorgeousThreadbareFireant-size_restricted.gif
Well, Christmas is about giving. We gave Chelsea 3 points, and gave ourselves a handicap by being without Son for 3 games.

What I still don't understand is what Poch and the previous regime saw in NDombele and LoCelso (and to a lesser extent) Sessegnon

They surely can't be that bad so that they have been used by both coaches so little. Why did they command such high fees if they were only to be squad players? If they were intended to be upgrades on what we have already why aren't they being given the game time to prove it? Can neither of them play in CM? What role did Poch envisage for the three of them?

Mystifying to me.

They are future. Our future players. It must be obvious that Ndombele is still finding the metre of the Premiership and we need to be patient because if we are I think a fudging brilliant player is in there. Lo Celso too needs adjustment. Sess? Is he even 20 yet? Still learning...

Well i definetly don't believe that played as a pair that they are good enough to play in a controlled passing side or at least a succesful one. Why didn't we change it? Maybe Jose is also under that misconception?

Ndombele was super promising but he came on far to late, after we were already down to 10 men.

It was indeed a master class from Chelsea tactically, but not a plan that couldn't be countered. We just kept trying the same thing that never works against the better sides. Annoyingly predictable and quite a few of us had voiced our concerns ahead of the match with the approach we night go with. I'm hoping he tries something different Vs Brighton (without Son I suppose he is forced too), because I really can't take seeing that pair anymore.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I think we put too much stock and too much swing on the opinions of individual players. We’ve played great football against good teams with Dier and Wanyama in the middle.

I think on this game on an individual basis, we just got out thought. It definitely could have been countered, and I’m quite surprised José didn’t change it in the first half. He seems to be comfortable doing it when the result suggests - eg being two goals down - but not when the writing was on the wall and we were clearly struggling in every single part of the pitch. I think it Dier had more options closer to him and we weren’t resorting to long balls so easily that we never won, he would have looked better, and we would have looked less like we were chasing shadows.

I think we put too much stock and too much swing on the opinions of individual players. We’ve played great football against good teams with Dier and Wanyama in the middle.

I think on this game on an individual basis, we just got out thought. It definitely could have been countered, and I’m quite surprised José didn’t change it in the first half. He seems to be comfortable doing it when the result suggests - eg being two goals down - but not when the writing was on the wall and we were clearly struggling in every single part of the pitch. I think it Dier had more options closer to him and we weren’t resorting to long balls so easily that we never won, he would have looked better, and we would have looked less like we were chasing shadows.
Or if we didn’t have two players make criminally stupid mistakes ...

With a genuine playmaker in Eriksen setting the tempo. If you recall whenever Eriksen was unavailable the quality of the football played and the quality of the chances created dropped considerably.

We are in that world now where we are playing without a playmaker and as a consequence the the quality of the football is as expected. This midfield will get dominated by decent teams as ample evidence has shown. Blue throw a Ndombele or even Lo Celso and is have a lot more hope that we might be able to say least construct some decent passages of play against a decent midfield.

With a genuine playmaker in Eriksen setting the tempo. If you recall whenever Eriksen was unavailable the quality of the football played and the quality of the chances created dropped considerably.

We are in that world now where we are playing without a playmaker and as a consequence the the quality of the football is as expected. This midfield will get dominated by decent teams as ample evidence has shown. Blue throw a Ndombele or even Lo Celso and is have a lot more hope that we might be able to say least construct some decent passages of play against a decent midfield.

Pochettino told everyone it would be painful, but everybody blamed him!

Brought largely upon himself,( as I thought you had previously agreed).

Anyway, time to move on.

bought largely upon himself,( as I thought you had previously agreed).

Anyway, time to move on.

“previously agreed”? Hmmmmm. I likely said some of the issues were not helped by him, but I have been consistent about fault-apportioning. It would be great to move on, but my point is the issue still exists sadly...

Back