• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT. TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs CHAVSKI

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Two front row seats block 525 (centre) going on the ticket exchange shortly if anyone is interested.

He's started him before. I just think that the three you are suggesting is not very well balanced. If those three started, I'd expect Sissoko to start on the right in place of Moura. With Winks deepest of the midfield two and Dier disrupting in front of him.

Why do you say unbalanced? It has a destroyer, a passer and a box to boxer.

I know you see Dier as a disrupter but I see him as the deepest DM with a passer ahead of him. Our back four needs protection first and foremost and Winks doesn’t offer that - which was evident against United. He is better further forward imo.

Last edited:

I know you see Dier as a disrupter but I see him as the deepest DM with a passer ahead of him. Our back four needs protection first and foremost and Winks doesn’t offer that - which was evident against United. He is better further forward imo.
Winks was exposed vs United for one reason... he was on his own. I’m not saying he is a DM but you cannot judge him on that game in that role. It’s scary how exposed he was due to having no partner

Winks was exposed vs United for one reason... he was on his own. I’m not saying he is a DM but you cannot judge him on that game in that role. It’s scary how exposed he was due to having no partner

I agree with you, but he is not a natural DM which made life even more difficult for him.

My selection...

1- Robbie Keane
2 - Robbie Keane
3 -Robbie Keane
4...you can see where I am going here...

Always thought in the modern game it would be
13... Robbie Keane
2.... Robbie Keane
56.... Robbie Keane
4... Robbie Keane
3.... Robbie Keane
8.... Robbie Keane

you get where im going ...

It doesn't matter how I see Dier, it is where he has played him when partnered with Winks. Dier has problems when played deepest because he is not comfortable playing on the turn and frequently passes the ball straight back to whoever gave it to him.

Has Sissoko played as a box to box midfielder under Mourinho yet?

It doesn't matter how I see Dier, it is where he has played him when partnered with Winks. Dier has problems when played deepest because he is not comfortable playing on the turn and frequently passes the ball straight back to whoever gave it to him.

Dier does have a long pass on him which he has used to devastating effect against Chelsea in the past.

Most balanced I have seen Spurs is

Gazzaniga

Aurier Sanchez Toby Jan

Ndombele Dier

Sissoko Alli Son

Kane

Sissoko offers protection to Aurier going forward. Dier and Ndombele add creativity and steel.

Yes. When Sissoko plays on the right (in place of Moura) he is given licence to get forward down the right side ( hence his goals) and at the same time cover back for Aurier when he attacks. I believe JM has even said that this is his best position.

I just don’t agree with you regarding Dier and Winks.

Yes. When Sissoko plays on the right (in place of Moura) he is given licence to get forward down the right side ( hence his goals) and at the same time cover back for Aurier when he attacks. I believe JM has even said that this is his best position.

I just don’t agree with you regarding Dier and Winks.

I wouldn't class inside right forward as being a box to box midfielder. I can see sense in playing him there today.

I am not offering an opinion on where I would play Dier and Winks. I am saying where they have played when paired under Mourinho. There are loads of independent sources where you can look at their positioning, if you want to check.

When has Dier played with Winks??

Back