• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs. Brighton ***

I think you're overstating the problem and not really suggesting what should be done as a solution, other than - 'do something different'. With hindsight it's always a case of we should have done something different, because change always results in improvement right? And no change never sees teams take control of games later on as their quality shines through, right?

At least we've moved on from late substitutions to not changing things enough to be noticed on TV early in the first half if we aren't winning - i wonder what the next thing that Poch can't see or is doing wrong will be

Last edited:
Burnley have fluked it big time too, by the way. They should really be in a relegation scrap, but for some reason are fighting for a Europa spot.

They really havent, they have been excellent and its down to great management and a squad pulling together.

They have no real resources, so I do think they are punching above their weight a bit - but they should be no where near relegation.

Dyche is growing that team brilliantly.

Very disappointed with this draw ! We have lost 2 valuable points in our top 4 race. We have simply drew too any matches this season against bottom teams like Brighton, Southampton, West Ham, Watford, WBA, Swansea and Burnley. We could still be in the title race if we had won all these matches. Resting too many key players for this match didn't help us at all. we didn't create many chances as our attack looked toothless. We rarely benefit from resting players and this match proves it yet again. This also means we have failed to beat Brighton away in the league since 1983 !

Good to see Kane scoring his first ever goal against Brighton. Kane's goals normally lift us but not this time. Kane and all our key players were poor apart from that goal. Son did well to assist the goal for Kane but he was ineffective for most of the match. Really annoyed that we wasted 2 freekicks fron near their goal with again Eriksen and Kane wasted them. We must be the only team in world football who don't score direct from freekicks ! Lamela should have started instead as Son seldom turns up in away matches like these. Pochettino should have at least brought Lamela much earlier instead of the last 15 mins. Lamela didn't have much time to make an impact but did have a shot saved by the goalie. I think we missed Alli's influence as well.

Our midfield lacked creativity in this match. You cannot expect Wanyama and Sissoko to create many chances for our attack. And Wanyama again looked poor since returning from injury. Sissoko didn't do himself any favour by having another poor match. Moura started this match well and had a long range shot saved but went missing as the match progressed. I think Dembele should have started as he didn't even much time to make an impact after coming on.

Our defence conceded yet another soft goal. It was great to see Alderweireld back in defence with Vertonghen. But it is disappointing that we failed to keep the clean sheet. Aurier was stupid to give away the penalty like that. There was no need for Aurier to tackle from behind like that even if the contact was minimal. Aurier have simple made too many errors since signing for us. Wish Lloris can save penalties like that. It was annoying to see us conceding the goal immediately after scoring our goal.

With this draw, we are winless in 2 matches going into the all-important FA Cup semi final against ManU. Boom shaka laka get back our winning form before the FA Cup semi final. Let's hope we will learn a lesson from this match and will improve our performance against ManU.

They really havent, they have been excellent and its down to great management and a squad pulling together.

They have no real resources, so I do think they are punching above their weight a bit - but they should be no where near relegation.

I think their XG scores tell a different story. I admire Dyche and think he has done a brilliant job there, but I think the number of points that they have is quite a lot larger than the prediction when using XG. Usually that suggests a team who have enjoyed a large amount of luck.

I think their XG scores tell a different story. I admire Dyche and think he has done a brilliant job there, but I think the number of points that they have is quite a lot larger than the prediction when using XG. Usually that suggests a team who have enjoyed a large amount of luck.

They're not repeating the run they had in the first half of the season any time soon. With the right signings they could establish themselves as a solid mid table team for a few years. Eventually the rot always sets in.

They really have. Based on xG they should be struggling. Unless you've watched them play quite often, not sure you can make a statement like that. Palace, by the way, is their exact opposite: very unlucky with their results.

They really have. Based on xG they should be struggling. Unless you've watched them play quite often, not sure you can make a statement like that. Palace, by the way, is their exact opposite: very unlucky with their results.

Ive been watching them fairly regular since Dyche came in.

They are doing a budget Spurs. Building off the back of a solid system, management and transfer structure all working together. Quite incredible really.

Last season was defence above all else, goals hard to come by.

This season has seen an evolution where by defence is still king, but they have much more of a plan going forward and take the game to the opposition much more.

I dont think they should be sitting where they are, but that being said I dont think they should be anywhere near relegation. They are growing, in a controlled and impressive manner.

I know xG is the new thing, but in this case Im really not sure its telling the right story at all.

Burnley defend well, play as a unit, and pose a threat in attack (even if they arent prolific).

Ive been watching them fairly regular since Dyche came in.

They are doing a budget Spurs. Building off the back of a solid system, management and transfer structure all working together. Quite incredible really.

Last season was defence above all else, goals hard to come by.

This season has seen an evolution where by defence is still king, but they have much more of a plan going forward and take the game to the opposition much more.

I dont think they should be sitting where they are, but that being said I dont think they should be anywhere near relegation. They are growing, in a controlled and impressive manner.

I know xG is the new thing, but in this case Im really not sure its telling the right story at all.

Burnley defend well, play as a unit, and pose a threat in attack (even if they arent prolific).
It's telling a story, though. And that's that Burnley are outperforming in the table their actual performances on the pitch. If not battling relegation, they would definitely be close to the relegation zone. But that's still a far cry from challenging for a European spot.

It's telling a story, though. And that's that Burnley are outperforming in the table their actual performances on the pitch. If not battling relegation, they would definitely be close to the relegation zone. But that's still a far cry from challenging for a European spot.

Be wary of having a single stat tell a whole story, down that path a world of hurt can await.

Some more stats, for balance
6 teams have scored the same or fewer, so they do need to pick up goal scoring but are far from the worst (and have had strikers injured for large spells this season)

Only 2 teams have conceded fewer, City and Utd. Burnleys defence has out performed our own (just)

13 teams have a worse goal difference. GD, IMO, is a fairly significant barrometer of a teams performance. It always told a tale with us in our various stages of development. There were times we were pushing 4th and in form but with poor GD, and true enough we regressed to match it...

They have won 14 games, which is the 7th highest. Lost 10, 6th lowest.

None of which, for me, indicated relegation fodder/threatened/bottom end of the table at all.

In fact they support my earlier assertion that they are a very good side, developing from a low base. With, of course, myuch to do...

Be wary of having a single stat tell a whole story, down that path a world of hurt can await.

Some more stats, for balance
6 teams have scored the same or fewer, so they do need to pick up goal scoring but are far from the worst (and have had strikers injured for large spells this season)

Only 2 teams have conceded fewer, City and Utd. Burnleys defence has out performed our own (just)

13 teams have a worse goal difference. GD, IMO, is a fairly significant barrometer of a teams performance. It always told a tale with us in our various stages of development. There were times we were pushing 4th and in form but with poor GD, and true enough we regressed to match it...

They have won 14 games, which is the 7th highest. Lost 10, 6th lowest.

None of which, for me, indicated relegation fodder/threatened/bottom end of the table at all.

In fact they support my earlier assertion that they are a very good side, developing from a low base. With, of course, myuch to do...

Dyche needs to get them to deliver us a favour right now. A draw would be enough to dent them. A win keeps them hungry.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back