• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Bournemouth

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Biggest game of the season tomorrow, super mega humongous massive willy wonga do the conga Akabusi Acca-boosty HUUUUUGE game.

IF we make the top 4 tomorrow, we can relax and focus on Ajax and the season is automatically a MASSIVE success and we get £100m to buy new players, we have the new stadium, everyone is chilly willy.

Lose tomorrow and we face a cold slap in the face from Ajax and Everton, dumped out of the CL this year AND next year, finger in the eye, finger in the ear, cold hard cauliflower in the face as Gooners sail into the CL.

Meanwhile our transfer budget is £23 and a signed photo of Gary Doherty.

Super Mega acca wacca massive. I need TP for my bunghole.

Biggest game of the season tomorrow, super mega humongous massive willy wonga do the conga Akabusi Acca-boosty HUUUUUGE game.

IF we make the top 4 tomorrow, we can relax and focus on Ajax and the season is automatically a MASSIVE success and we get £100m to buy new players, we have the new stadium, everyone is chilly willy.

Lose tomorrow and we face a cold slap in the face from Ajax and Everton, dumped out of the CL this year AND next year, finger in the eye, finger in the ear, cold hard cauliflower in the face as Gooners sail into the CL.

Meanwhile our transfer budget is £23 and a signed photo of Gary Doherty.

Super Mega acca wacca massive. I need TP for my bunghole.
You forgot the mention the serious relegation fears, amigo.

I hope you wrote that in jest because if not, if stinks of either the highest degree of arrogance or an unprecedented level of naivety.

I would be apprehensive of playing that formation against a League 2 side, let alone an established mid-Premiership team where we desperately need the 3 points to guarantee our CL place for next year - which, if we miss it, would be completely catastrophic for the club

There's nothing wrong with the 433 formation.

Everton will be snarling at us next week needing only a point for Europe. Giving the scallywags an opportunity to get on the rob again. We MUST win today. End of.

An interesting consequence of EL carrying a CL place, without that Everton would be desperate to avoid the EL.

This is another must-win match for us. We not only need to win to finish in top 3 but to improve our away record as well. Remember, we have lost our last 7 away matches to English clubs, 4 in the league and 1 each in the Cup competitions. We badly need the win to stop our losing away run.

With our CL second leg match against Ajax next week, there will be temptation to rest players. We cannot rest too many players if we want to improve our away record. All our fully fit attacking players should play in this match. Son, Eriksen, Alli, Moura and Llorente should use this match to sharpen their instincts in front of goal before we play Ajax.

Our midfield options seems very limited nowadays. Wanyama seems to ve our only fit midfielder. We should not risk Sissoko in this match if he is not fully recovered from his injuries. Maybe we can play Dier or Skipp instead.

Our defence have conceded too many early goals this season. We seems to be vulnerable for the first 10-15 minutes of each match. We should improve on this and stop conceding such early goals. Hope Vertonghen will be fully fit to start with Alderweireld. With due respect to Bournemouth, it will be disappointing if we don't keep clean sheet in this match.

After losing our last 7 away matches in England, hope we can win this match convincingly. It will boost our confidence if we can get a big win over Bournemouth before we play Ajax in the CL semifinal second leg next. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Bournemouth to finish in top 3 in the league.

Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all the players fully fit for the remaining of the season. We don't seem to have any easy matches nowadays. Can see this being another tense match as well. Hope we can get an early goal to help us settle our nerves and then get another goal or two to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to finish in top 3 in the league.

Strong selection from Poch, I think that will be the team that starts against Ajax, unless Vertonghen is cleared to play for that one.

Let's go out and win this game, bouncing into the 2nd leg knowing we've got Champions League football next season. COYS!

I might be crazy, but I would play as close to the team we will play against Ajax as possible.

Give them some practice / confidence (maybe early subs if we are winning)

The next 5 days are when it’s time to turn up and be counted. COYS!

Looks like that's the thinking:

Lloris
Trippier
D Sánchez
Alderweireld
Rose
Dier
Sissoko
Alli
Eriksen
Son Heung-Min
Lucas Moura

Substitutes
Janssen
Wanyama
Llorente
Foyth
Gazzaniga
Davies
Skipp

Lloris
Trippier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Davies
Sissoko, Dier
Lucas, Dele, Eriksen
Son

Gazzaniga, Foyth, Walker-Peters, Rose, Wanyama, Skipp, Llorente

So close again.

Poch opts for Rose over Davies (which suggests Rose is in fantastic condition these days) and Janssen gets the nod on the bench over KWP.

Strong selection from Poch, I think that will be the team that starts against Ajax, unless Vertonghen is cleared to play for that one.

Let's go out and win this game, bouncing into the 2nd leg knowing we've got Champions League football next season. COYS!

I agree

Back