• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Bournemouth

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A few points: We need Son and Lucas to start playing together with Eriksen and Dele (they have to find form at some stage surely?) behind them.
I think we should try and man to man mark that De Jong fellow so either Dier or Wanyama should practice by man marking Brookes. That would leave the other to play a genuine screen for the back four. In the Ajax game, this screening role would go to Sissoko. We should play a flat back four with KWP (our assist king on the wing) and Davies (deputising for Rose). Toby and Sanchez/Foyth to be the CBs. So the team would be:

.......................Lloris.............................

KWP.......Toby........Sanchez/Foyth..........Davies

......................Dier...............................

...............Wanyama (floating to mark Brookes)....

.......................Eriksen.....Dele...............

Lucas...............................................Son

We need to find the WIDTH that was so often missing against Wet Spam where we continuously tried to go through the congested middle.

A few points: We need Son and Lucas to start playing together with Eriksen and Dele (they have to find form at some stage surely?) behind them.
I think we should try and man to man mark that De Jong fellow so either Dier or Wanyama should practice by man marking Brookes. That would leave the other to play a genuine screen for the back four. In the Ajax game, this screening role would go to Sissoko. We should play a flat back four with KWP (our assist king on the wing) and Davies (deputising for Rose). Toby and Sanchez/Foyth to be the CBs. So the team would be:

We need to find the WIDTH that was so often missing against Wet Spam where we continuously tried to go through the congested middle.

So we would play a version of 4-2-2-2 and have width from where? If we don’t have wide players, then there’s no with. Or do you suggest that Lucas Moura plays RF and Son plays LF so that each plays further wide when the ball is in that area, but then hard to switch the play.

I'm not sure that Wanyama has the legs to float anymore.

My view is that we should go all out against Bournemouth and secure top 4 if we can. Ajax return will be amazing but securing CL is critical to income and attracting/retaining players. If we look like we're doing well tomorrow, then early subs. We know what we have to do on Weds - that should lift everyone, surely, knackered out or not.

If we get through that, likely final against Barca, and then anything could happen. But, I want top 4 again. Can you imagine dropping to Europa - awful, awful, awful.

My view is that we should go all out against Bournemouth and secure top 4 if we can. Ajax return will be amazing but securing CL is critical to income and attracting/retaining players. If we look like we're doing well tomorrow, then early subs. We know what we have to do on Weds - that should lift everyone, surely, knackered out or not.

If we get through that, likely final against Barca, and then anything could happen. But, I want top 4 again. Can you imagine dropping to Europa - awful, awful, awful.

A win tomorrow and Everton doesn't matter. We've got 180 minutes to get two results and then three weeks to get everyone fit.

Two massive games this week. Make it one of the best weeks of our lives, and we all party on the last PL game of the season v Everton.

Big ask for the heroic players, but they need to dig deep.

Lloris
KWP Sanchez Alderweireld Davies
Dier Sissoko
Eriksen Alli Moura
Son

Subs: Gazzaniga, Rose, Foyth, Trippier, Wanyama, Llorente, Janssen

Something like this I think. Means that we'll have a number of players (Rose, Trippier, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Eriksen, Llorente) who are 100% fresh for Wednesday. There's also over 4 days between games as well which is plenty

-------------------------------------Lloris------------------------------------

----Foyth------------Alderweireld---------Sanchez------------Davies

------------------------Dier-------------------Sissoko-------------------------

--------------Moura----------------Dele----------------------Son-------------

------------------------------------Janssen------------------------------------

subs: Gazza, KWP, Rose, Wanyama, Skipp, Eriksen, Llorente

Something like this I think. Means that we'll have a number of players (Rose, Trippier, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Eriksen, Llorente) who are 400% fresh for Wednesday. There's also over 4 days between games as well which is plenty

If Dier and Sissoko are fit, I wouldn't have Wanyama anywhere near the side on Wednesday. He looked so off the pace on Tuesday and is tiring heavily after an hour in all games. I would play him alongside Dier tomorrow and bring Sissoko on for the last half an hour.

Something like this I think. Means that we'll have a number of players (Rose, Trippier, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Eriksen, Llorente) who are 400% fresh for Wednesday. There's also over 4 days between games as well which is plenty

-------------------------------------Lloris------------------------------------

--------------Moura----------------Dele----------------------Son-------------

------------------------------------Janssen------------------------------------

subs: Gazza, KWP, Rose, Wanyama, Skipp, Eriksen, Llorente

I think you are getting wayyyyy ahead of yourself, mate

Before thinking of Wednesday, let's put fourth place to bed please in what should on paper be our easier match. And going on our abysmal form, there is no guarantee of that happening tomorrow unless we put our best team out there..

So let's go for:

------------------------------------Lloris------------------------------------

--------------Moura----------------Dele----------------------Eriksen--------

------------------------------------Son------------------------------------

and if we do manage to eek out a decent game, keep the same team against Ajax - except for maybe Verts for Sanchez and Rose for Davies.

As for resting Trippier, Wanyama and Llorente to be fit for Wednesday, I am all for it as long as they enjoy their fitness on the bench of the Amsterdam Arena

So we would play a version of 4-2-2-2 and have width from where? If we don’t have wide players, then there’s no with. Or do you suggest that Lucas Moura plays RF and Son plays LF so that each plays further wide when the ball is in that area, but then hard to switch the play.

Width must come from the full backs with Lucas and Son interchanging. Hopefully we can find (and finish) some decent crosses.

I might be crazy, but I would play as close to the team we will play against Ajax as possible.

Give them some practice / confidence (maybe early subs if we are winning)

The next 5 days are when it’s time to turn up and be counted. COYS!

Same formation at least.

Gazzanigga

KWP Sanchez Foyth Davies

Skipp Dier Marsh

Son Janssen Lucas

Players that need a rest: Dele Alli, Rose, Eriksen, Llorente, Wanyama, Trippier(if he is gonna start on Wednesday). Sissoko is shouldn't be risked. I honestly don't think Lucas will start on Wednesday.

We should not be resting players Saturday . Win ,Lose or Draw ,the priority is to be in Champions league next season.

Strongest side and all out to win tomorrow. Momentum is a factor in sport and another loss could be destructive.

COYS!

Back