• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Bournemouth

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where: Vitality Stadium
When: 04/05/19 @ 12:30pm

This game calls for a an OMT heavy hitter.

Lloris

Foyth Sanchez Toby Rose

Dier Wanyama

Alli Eriksen Moura

Son
Play a strong team and get the win so we can forget about the league and concentrate on Ajax without having the Everton game in the back of our minds.

We’re not playing well but fancy us to scrape a close 2-1 win.

Wasn't this the same approach that saw us lose at home to West Ham?!

Go strong, get the 3 points if poss, at worst avoid another effin' defeat, head into Ajax with a little bit of breathing space

If I were Poch, I'd be telling them they won't get picked Wednesday anyway if I see them coasting or giving any less than their all.

Season..... over...

giphy.gif

People fall into the trap of thinking we have two teams - no one has that except maybe Barcelona.
We can bring in squad players as rotation, not to replace the first team.
Three or four most. But that (right now) I mean Dier, Foyth, KWP, Janssen, Llorente.
You still need the big players like Eriksen and Son and Toby and Alli. Those players win the games. The others get you through the game.

Lloris
Trippier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Davies
Sissoko, Dier
Lucas, Dele, Eriksen
Son

Gazzaniga, Foyth, Walker-Peters, Rose, Wanyama, Skipp, Llorente

Lloris
KWP Sanchez Alderweireld Davies
Wanyama Dier
Son Dele Eirksen
Llorente

We need a couple of points to get over the line.
Too risky to leave it to the Everton game. They've looked stronger recently, they are still in the hunt for a EL spot, we've lost to lesser teams recently and IF we are coming off the back of a disappointing and/or long/hard night in Amsterdam, we might really struggle. Bournemouth is a better chance to provide us with CL football next season, a must if we are to attract top players and keep our big names.
I think we must therefore play something approaching our strongest team and try and nail this game. It's be good if we are winning such that we can sub Eriksen, Dele and Wanyama some time late on, and with Sissoko, Foyth, Rose, Moura and others on the bench, we should be able to do that.

I still think we can get a result in Ajax (they play on Sunday) but it could be a long night. If we lose (esp after extra time) the toll on the players to pick themselves up and perform 4 days later v Everton will be heavy. Lets get the points against Bournemouth and then we can treat Ajax as sh*t or bust without worrying about the Everton match at all.

Callum Wilson's movement and strength will cause either of Foyth and/or Sanchez no end of problems. Worried.

He's a good striker but its not like he puts the fear in me (famous last words).

None of that Bournemouth team do.

They are a good team, play good football, but are basically gutless.

Theres every chance they can upset us, so we need to pay due respect, but its not a game that holds any real fear for me.

I think it obvious from our last couple of performances that our "weaker" side can't beat average teams, they might scrap a draw if their luck last. We have no goal threat if Son doesn't play, I'm sure there are some who can come up with stats that prove Llorente and others have great returns from time played but I believe in what I see not meaningless stats. Playing for a draw is the worst possible plan as it set an attitude of not trying to win and every player should always be trying to win at any game. It's been a hard season both physically and mentally for the players but the finish line is in sight we just need the mental strength to put everything aside and push for the goal. Whatever happens its been a very good season far better than I expected following the world cup and other issues with the club and it would be a disappointment not to gain some compensation for all the effort.
I agree. Scoring goals is a useless and overrated stat...

I agree. Scoring goals is a useless and overrated stat...

I like the stat that says we will all the games at the new stadium oh that's one fudged nobody told West Ham or Ajax. Stats only tell the gullible what happened not how or why, stats tell me Llorente and Moura have scored more hat tricks than Dele so I suppose that means they are better goal scoring options than him, yet I can't manage to delude myself into believing it.

I like the stat that says we will all the games at the new stadium oh that's one fudged nobody told West Ham or Ajax. Stats only tell the gullible what happened not how or why, stats tell me Llorente and Moura have scored more hat tricks than Dele so I suppose that means they are better goal scoring options than him, yet I can't manage to delude myself into believing it.

Br careful mate, the stats police will be chasing you. ;)

No, it means they have more hat tricks. Nothing more. That you are implying that it means something else, is totally on you.

People fall into the trap of thinking we have two teams - no one has that except maybe Barcelona.
We can bring in squad players as rotation, not to replace the first team.
Three or four most. But that (right now) I mean Dier, Foyth, KWP, Janssen, Llorente.
You still need the big players like Eriksen and Son and Toby and Alli. Those players win the games. The others get you through the game.
On the other hand we started Eriksen, Son, Toby and Alli against West Ham.

We're talking about probabilities. Yes, resting one or two of our attacking clear cut first choice players brings down the probability of us beating Bournemouth by a bit. Though imo less than it otherwise would have given that Eriksen for example has played 90 minutes in all our eight April games. He's played 90 minutes in 7 games since he last had a week between two games. At the tail end of a season where he has the most minutes of any of our attacking players.

Can we risk a slightly decreased chance to beat Bournemouth for a slightly increased chance to get to a CL final? I think we can, but I will trust whatever decision Pochettino makes. I don't think it's an easy, obvious decision.

No, it means they have more hat tricks. Nothing more. That you are implying that it means something else, is totally on you.

Great no more references to Llorente's historic wonderful scoring stats to defend his lack of influence or scoring, but I suppose him being hit by the ball and scoring against city will get him beatified by some.

Great no more references to Llorente's historic wonderful scoring stats to defend his lack of influence or scoring, but I suppose him being hit by the ball and scoring against city will get him beatified by some.
Well, why don't you call UEFA and get that goal cancelled, because Llorente is so brick that it shouldn't count. Get a grip man!

Back