• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT -- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ARSENAL -- OMT ***

I must say I was proud of how we were performing before the sending (wtf Ade???) but a spanking is a spanking (which was on the cards anyway with our missing players).

You have to ask, would any of the top 3 or our rivals for top 4 capitulated like that after going down to 10? We have some serious brittle mentality issues at the club which have been here a LONG time.

And do people want to re-think Gutterboy's assessment (prophecy?) about Walker's limitations before he joined us now? Even with 11 men, he looked likke a pub player.

I must also say, this win fkor Arsenal only papers over their massive cracks imo. They are in a fight for 4th; let's hope we can hang on in there as well.

F knows how we'll cope in our next 3 league games without Ade...

weve got Dempsey :lol:

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial

Just spoken to Andre: " We should be proud of the players after going to 10 men"

Andre: "We played with desire and emotion. The league position is not good but a game does not decide the league position"

Andre: "We played 3 v 3 at the back in second half. We are disappointed but you have to believe in the way we play"

You have to ask, would any of the top 3 or our rivals for top 4 capitulated like that after going down to 10? We have some serious brittle mentality issues at the club which have been here a LONG time.

Actually does happen. Man Utd got tonked 6-1 last season by City after going down to 10 men, they went to an attacking formation chasing the game after 3-1 down similar to us and got picked off on the break.

Its hard playing with 10 in a derby game because the normal response of going to 10 is to try and take the momentum out the game and get the atmosphere flat, but in a derby game thats normally impossible

We had two opportunities to score at 4-2 which were game defining moments. Bale's shot when a square ball would more than likely have resulted in a goal and Defoe's airball on the back post off one of the corners. Take either of them and I would have put money on us taking a draw.

The biggest positive I take from the game is AVB's pre- and in-match decisions, which in my opinion were spot on. It tells me he is seeing what 'we' are seeing and trying to address the obvious problems which is good.

We had two opportunities to score at 4-2 which were game defining moments. Bale's shot when a square ball would more than likely have resulted in a goal and Defoe's airball on the back post off one of the corners. Take either of them and I would have put money on us taking a draw.

The biggest positive I take from the game is AVB's pre- and in-match decisions, which in my opinion were spot on. It tells me he is seeing what 'we' are seeing and trying to address the obvious problems which is good.

Good post. Agree with everything.

4-4-2 at The Emirates.
Take the lead.
Lose 5-2 and ending the game with 10 men.

scarily the same as last season.

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial

Just spoken to Andre: " We should be proud of the players after going to 10 men"

Andre: "We played with desire and emotion. The league position is not good but a game does not decide the league position"

Andre: "We played 3 v 3 at the back in second half. We are disappointed but you have to believe in the way we play"

To be fair he's right. We done ok after that. I'm sure Ade has apologised. I don't think it's a red still. Sorry. This game has become a game of pussies.

Maybe in this game today a red but fudges sake carzola was fine

To be fair he's right. We done ok after that. I'm sure Ade has apologised. I don't think it's a red still. Sorry. This game has become a game of pussies.

Maybe in this game today a red but fudges sake carzola was fine

I agree the game is for pussies now but that was a definite sending. carzola being fine is irrelevant can't have sendings off only if the victim has a broken leg

I agree the game is for pussies now but that was a definite sending. carzola being fine is irrelevant can't have sendings off only if the victim has a broken leg

I guess dude. Annoying though. No need for it. Do it in the 70th minute but not 13th or whatever it was. Like Crouchy.

His legs weren't on the floor though, high foot to a face is a yellow, what's the difference?

agree with this - at least he is rectifying some to the team selection and substitution issues.

however, he and the coaching staff still need to get to grips with corners (both for and against), lennon working constructively with walker and our shocking last 10 minute concession of goals without reply.

Major task ahead.

agree with this - at least he is rectifying some to the team selection and substitution issues.

however, he and the coaching staff still need to get to grips with corners (both for and against), lennon working constructively with walker and our shocking last 10 minute concession of goals without reply.

Major task ahead.

im quite happy with our defending of corners to be honest - gone are the days id be bricking myself every time we conceded one

I will have a read of this thread when I have some free time when I go back to work. In the meantime my comments would be-I did not like the camera shot of AVB with his exercise book looking completely lost-I really liked the subs at half time (no sandwich jokes) -is there a single thing we can do about picking a ref for a game? Webb done for us for the umpteenth time. I understand Graham used to train with 10 playing 11-it looks like AVB never has contemplated the possibillity

Actually does happen. Man Utd got tonked 6-1 last season by City after going down to 10 men, they went to an attacking formation chasing the game after 3-1 down similar to us and got picked off on the break.

Its hard playing with 10 in a derby game because the normal response of going to 10 is to try and take the momentum out the game and get the atmosphere flat, but in a derby game thats normally impossible

Actually, unlike us today, United were already a goal down when they went down to 10 men. And Arsenal went down to 10 m,en a few weeks back against Man Utd; still only lost 2-1 in the end.

When it comes to the crunch we 8 times out of 10 capitulate when we go down to 10 men. Unlike most of our rivals.

It is this mental brittleness more than anything else that we need to rectify, despite some heroics by Bale and others to not give up in the second half.

Two unforgivables in today's game. I know who is responsible for one, but not the other:

1) Adebayors tackle on Cazorla. Easiest decision in the world for Webb and cost us the game.
2) Lining up for a NLD in a grey and black strip. We won at Old Trafford this season in white shirts, navy shorts; and the 5-1 carling cup semi in all white whilst the goons wore their standard kit.

Two unforgivables in today's game. I know who is responsible for one, but not the other:

1) Adebayors tackle on Cazorla. Easiest decision in the world for Webb and cost us the game.
2) Lining up for a NLD in a grey and black strip. We won at Old Trafford this season in white shirts, navy shorts; and the 5-1 carling cup semi in all white whilst the goons wore their standard kit.

Yeah! Whilst I like that away kit, wtf???

Actually, unlike us today, United were already a goal down when they went down to 10 men. And Arsenal went down to 10 m,en a few weeks back against Man Utd; still only lost 2-1 in the end.

When it comes to the crunch we 8 times out of 10 capitulate when we go down to 10 men. Unlike most of our rivals.

It is this mental brittleness more than anything else that we need to rectify, despite some heroics by Bale and others to not give up in the second half.

Following on from this; the only recent manager that had us regularly set-up well to handle going down to 10 men was Juande Ramos8-[

Back