• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Ajax

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Impossible that this does not effect the keeper/defenders, but its been that way since the stupid rule was introduced...

They really do need to sort out the offside rule once more. My personal preference was always the "daylight" one which gave attackers an advantage. This latest miss-mash of rubbish is only going to lead to protracted VAR moments (where they can sell TV adspace :-(...)

The advertising is getting (even more) intrusive isnt it?

I think a simplified rule is essential, everyone knows where they stand then and there is no debate.

Forget all this phases of play and interfering with play nonsense.

Agreed mate, absolutely. I fear the onslaught of "financial opportunities" VAR "can bring"...I can see it now, "This VAR moment is brought to you by Waitrose" grrrrrrrr...

Agreed mate, absolutely. I fear the onslaught of "financial opportunities" VAR "can bring"...I can see it now, "This VAR moment is bought to you by Waitrose" grrrrrrrr...

I catch a fair bit of football from US channels, its a real eye opener as to where UK tv is going...

Watched a game the other week, one of the kids sat with me and immediately pointed out all the advertising. It became a game counting it up as the match went on. Crazy...

They really do need to sort out the offside rule once more. My personal preference was always the "daylight" one which gave attackers an advantage. This latest miss-mash of rubbish is only going to lead to protracted VAR moments (where they can sell TV adspace :-(...)

The real reason that VAR was brought in.

If any of the attacking player's are in an offside position when the ball is passed forward its offside SIMPLE. They must have changed the rules or it appears Var just make them up to whatever.
This is all wrong as the interpretation is confusing and farcical !!!!!!!!

I also thought he’s definitely interfering with play. He ran towards the ball/goal and was looking for a pass.

Unfortunately the rules don’t care about this anymore though.

This is my favourite buttplug..off course they are interfering with play the goalkeeper in this case has no idea if there is a pass or shot. It really is my favourite buttplug..less someone can explain different. So if the Ajax player had passed the ball ..the other player scores its still a goal even if the scorer was in an offside position in the first place! mmmm don't get this at all ..lol.

This is my favourite buttplug..off course they are interfering with play the goalkeeper in this case has no idea if there is a pass or shot. It really is my favourite buttplug..less someone can explain different. So if the Ajax player had passed the ball ..the other player scores its still a goal even if the scorer was in an offside position in the first place! mmmm don't get this at all ..lol.

No he is offside then
He is called as not interfering currently as he never touched the ball

I catch a fair bit of football from US channels, its a real eye opener as to where UK tv is going...

Watched a game the other week, one of the kids sat with me and immediately pointed out all the advertising. It became a game counting it up as the match went on. Crazy...
The video in this tweet shows how you can insert adverts without impacting the viewing of the game, while at the same time the ad is more prominent than just a logo above the score legend. As much as we all hate ads, if we don't want to pay subscription fees to watch games, it's the only way to go.

It’s is of your interfering

And my issue is that trippier who kept the goal scorer in side actually played his man off side
This is hilarious! You honestly think that you should be able to pick and choose which attacker you play offside?? My word! Yes, that sounds like a real improvement to the rule! Hahaha! Incredible! So a player running from the deep, being 10 meters onside, should be flagged, because the defenders played another attacker, on the other side of the pitch, offside.

How about that for improvement!
Seriously????

Final thought. Literally! We must man-to-man mark that De Jong bloke next week. Is it a job for Wanyama, Dier or perhaps Skipp? Whoever is chosen, it will give them every encouragement to show they can man mark Messi in the Final!!!!!

This is a disappointing performance and result. Thought we would do well to get atleast a draw in our first ever CL semi final at our new stadium. But we failed to lift our game and only had 1 shot on target whole match. We started poorly and duly conceded the early goal. We did well to improve after that and played well in the second half. But we lacked the real quality or cutting edge to score any goals and win this match.

All our attacking players had a poor match. Thought Eriksen would inspire us but he had a quiet match. Moura worked hard but had poor finishing. Alli had another poor match again.Llorente didn't have any impact on the match. I think Llorente should not have started this match and would have done better if he had come on late in the match.

Our midfield had a mixed match. For some reason Wanyama was poor and made too many mistakes. Maybe Wanyama could not handle the pressure of playing in the CL semi final. But our midfield improved once Sissoko came on. Too bad our midfield still failed to create enough chances for our attack. Maybe we should have brought on Dier in the second half.

It was disappointing the way our defence conceded the goal early in the match. I think we would have done better if only Alderweireld and Vertonghen started in defence. Sanchez always makes our defence error-prone. It was comical the way Alderweireld and Vertonghen knocked into each other trying to help our attack, resulting in Vertonghen getting injured. Hope Vertonghen will be fit for the next match. Ajax didn't really look like scoring apart from the goal but we rode our luck when they hit the post in the second half.

It would have been better if we had won or at least drawn this first leg match. But at least we only lost 1-0. With Son returning for the second leg, we have every chance to overturn the 1-0 loss. But we really need to improve our performance and score at least 2 goals if we want to overcome AJax and progress to the CL Final.

Back