• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vNorwich City, Sunday 23rd February 16:00

**** me what a waste of money that trip was today.

Dire. Absolutely effing dire stuff from EVERYONE involved with Spurs.

Buck starts with Sherwood. What a hideous team selection. One attacker, one winger and the rest were midfielders, defensive midfielders and defenders (and a goalkeeper). Negative against NORWICH. It should have been 4-2-3-1 with Eriksen playing the playmaking role off of Adebayor and two natural wingers in the form of Lennon and one of Townsend/Chadli. One of Dembele/Paulinho alongside Capoue. But no, golden boy Bentaleb keeps his place, Eriksen is left to rot on the bench and Dembele is played on the facking wing! Horrible decisions before the game led to our downfall in the game, no question.

Performance was turgid from start to finish. No urgency and ultimately no quality.

That result has been coming, though. The team displays in at least half of Tim's time here have been every bit as bad but we've managed to draw or win those games. Top four, no chance, I wouldn't be surprised if we drop like a stone now teams have worked us out and end up 7th.

I totally sympathise. I posted in the OMT that all fans that went to the game yesterday should get a £55 refund for having to witness that poor excuse of a performance

Several things wrong today:

1. Players knackered from the 3000 mile round trip to Ukraine. Madness to use so many first teamers in that game

4. Players who didn't travell 3000 miles to Ukraine haven't played for 10 days and went on holiday last week and wern't at peak fitness either

There was a thread a couple of months ago about whether we could still make Chapions league. I posted that we had no chance. Why? Because I knew there would be plenty of performances such as this. Spurs are the ultimate **** teasers. I'm equally sure that we will beat at least one of the top four between now and the end of the season. This will serve to get expectations up and then... another result like this one. It's the Tottenham way. We have been doing it since the 70's.

There was a thread a couple of months ago about whether we could still make Chapions league. I posted that we had no chance. Why? Because I knew there would be plenty of performances such as this. Spurs are the ultimate **** teasers. I'm equally sure that we will beat at least one of the top four between now and the end of the season. This will serve to get expectations up and then... another result like this one. It's the Tottenham way. We have been doing it since the 70's.

As Roy Keane pointed out a couple of weeks ago ...."Tottenham will always let you down".....mmmmmmmm

Sherwood also highlighting our poor start and not making any excuses in the one interview I've seen now.

It's a shame he hasn't been able to find a remedy to our problem of starting as if points are being given out based on attendance.

Rewatched the match this morning (please don't ask why - I don't even know myself).

Looks like the two drunks were slugging away in the pub car park again, this time though they slept it off for the first 45 minutes.

And two shots on target. In 90 minutes. Against Norwich. Wow.

I think if any of us went out and intentionally tried to get Spurs to **** up I don't think we could do it that spectacularly.

Rewatched the match this morning (please don't ask why - I don't even know myself).

Looks like the two drunks were slugging away in the pub car park again, this time though they slept it off for the first 45 minutes.

I think if any of us went out and intentionally tried to get Spurs to **** up I don't think we could do it that spectacularly.

Christ mate, you are a glutton for punishment ...

That game was ****ing terrible, as was the Europa game, as was the Everton game ...

Yup, we were way too scared of them and didn't push up enough to support fast enough.

By the time we got people forwards in support of Ade, Norwich had everyone back as well and we didn't have width to get round that wall of defenders with our ""wingers"" playing inverted / too centrally.

Hint, if Norwich are sat back in defence there is no point in Lennon coming inside, he has to go wide, and we need to stretch play with someone wide left as well.

It was really dispiriting stuff, just like an AVB game. I fell asleep for a minute at one point.

Then I watched it on MotD on Saturday night and fell asleep again for a minute!

Then I watched it on MotD on Sunday morning and fell asleep again for a minute!

That used to happen when watching AVB too, including his after-match interviews

Remember beating norwich a few years back i think we were in third gear all match,with Bale,VDV,and Ade taking charge,how things change.

Those were the days... although we then lost 1-2 at WHL later that season #-o

We haven't taken 6pts off Norwich since the 94/95 season, back when Sheringham lead our attack... sad to think that no Spurs player has won the Golden Boot for over 2 decades now.

PL 100 Club - Teddy Sheringham | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

[video=youtube;ouF1T2VEHJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouF1T2VEHJs[/video]

Really disappointed with the performance and result. We have lost crucial 3 points at a crucial time of the season. This defeat reminds me of the defeat to Fulham last season which ultimately cost us the 4th place. Never thought we will lose to a shyte team like Norwich. In fact, they could have won by a bigger margin as they hit the post once and also wasted a few other chances.

We always seems to struggle after EL matches and this seemed like that way again. We just couldn't lift our game and wasted a few chances that came our away. Adebayor, Chadli and Soldado should have done better with the chances they had. Adebayor had all the time in the world to control the ball and beat the goalie but his first touch was shyte. Chadli wasted another one-on-one chance when he hit it straight at the keeper. And Soldado wasted 2 golden chances to score.

Our midfield were a big letdown in this match as they had a very poor match. I am still not convinced of Bentaleb and Townsend as both had poor game. For all his work rate, Dembele just didn't make much impact for us. Lennon was largely anonymous throughout the game. Don't understand why we didn't start or bring on Eriksen who could have made an impact for us. Chadli really should have scored the chance he had.

After keeping 2 clean sheets in the previous league matches, really disappointed to see our defence conceding the crucial goal. Was annoyed to see the Norwich player having all the time to score the goal from a difficult angle. Both Dawson and Vertonghen have to take large part of the blame. But thought Lloris could have saved it if he had reacted faster.

With Liverpool 6 points ahead us now, our chance for top 4 place is not in our hands anymore. I think we have to hope for Liverpool to drop unexpected points and make the most of our remaining matches.

Yup, we were way too scared of them and didn't push up enough to support fast enough.

By the time we got people forwards in support of Ade, Norwich had everyone back as well and we didn't have width to get round that wall of defenders with our ""wingers"" playing inverted / too centrally.

Hint, if Norwich are sat back in defence there is no point in Lennon coming inside, he has to go wide, and we need to stretch play with someone wide left as well.

It was really dispiriting stuff, just like an AVB game. I fell asleep for a minute at one point.

Then I watched it on MotD on Saturday night and fell asleep again for a minute!

Then I watched it on MotD on Sunday morning and fell asleep again for a minute!

That used to happen when watching AVB too, including his after-match interviews

Made the same point about our wingers against Saudi Sportswashing Machine neither attempted a single cross.
Of course the Saudi Sportswashing Machine result skewed everything,

Again I dont like that central midfield no creativity and Capoue doesn't deserve to start. Lennon on the left and Dembele on the right didnt work last time (he subbed both of them off)

We won 4-0 mate, must've worked to some degree.

Naughton and Dawson are big downgrades on Walker and Kaboul but I'm hopeful we can get through with the three points.

:eek::ross:

I suspect that you couldn't believe it was as bad as you'd initially seen live.

Agreed. It was an across-the-board pile of dog-****e from the first minute to the last, and one of the most spectacularly inept 'performances' I have seen for a long long LONG time.

Back