• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tough one and hopefully we see a refreshed line up and new ideas on the pitch from Mason. If no changes in line then there will be more evidence that for me that the senior players have taken over.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Tough one and hopefully we see a refreshed line up and new ideas on the pitch from Mason. If no changes in line then there will be more evidence that for me that the senior players have taken over.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I havent seen any evidence that the senior players have taken over!!

The main change which would be justified is dier being dropped but I think Mason is trying to keep a settled back 4 in contrast to the repeated chopping and changing under Jose, and there's some merit to those players developing an understanding.

I think we'll see the same as at Leeds apart from perhaps Ndombele or Winks coming in for GLC

Apparently because Dier has been picked instead of Rodon this means Mason is playing his mates rather than picking the best team...

Yes, I assume that was the basis for the comment, just didnt know if someone had picked up any basis for it.

Last week was a poor performance, but most other top teams have only drawn at best at Leeds, so its not a *result* that shold cause panic. We need two decent performances over the next 4 days though - 2 wins and we're more or less going to be in Europe next year, prbably in the EL

Last edited:
Yes, I assume that was the basis for the comment, just didnt know if someone had picked up any basis for it.

Last week was a poor performance, but most other top teams have only drawn at best at Leeds, so its not a *result* that shold cause panic. We need to decent performances over the next 4 days though - 2 wins and we're more or less going to be in Europe next year, prbably in the EL
All still to play for on the rope front
Pool will get top 4 and who gets it with them now comes down to Tuesdays game IMO
Win our next 2 and Sunday becomes a huge game for both clubs for different reasons
West Ham have winnable games but their results have dropped massively
Everton should win today but city last game should be a hurdle too far

The phrase cup cup final has been mentioned by the club/players again
So that means another 3 losses
Why do they bother coming out with the brick they do
I want to see a far more improved performance than what I saw last Saturday

Lloris

Aurier Rodon Toby Reggie

PEH N'dombele

Bale Dele Son

Kane

2-0

Apparently because Dier has been picked instead of Rodon this means Mason is playing his mates rather than picking the best team...
its return of the senior players without much playing times like Winks Bale Dele Toby Dier that worries me. This is against a higly energetic leeds team which everyone knows about. Mason himself conceded at the press conference that Leeds were the fittest team in the league, so its curious why he started with the less fit.

Pool will get top 4 and who gets it with them now comes down to Tuesdays game IMO
I'm not sure thats certain at all. Their next two games are both away and both banana skins without their first choice CBs. Even Palace at home arent a push over

Win our next 2 and Sunday becomes a huge game for both clubs for different reasons
West Ham have winnable games but their results have dropped massively
Everton should win today but city last game should be a hurdle too far

I'd say that if we win our next 2 then European football, even if the conference thing, is highly probable given Everton finish at Man C

Its not impossible that we go into the last day with a mathematical chance of CL still:
- win our next 2 to get to 62 points
- Chelsea draw or lose to Leicester so are on 64 or 65
- Liverpool dont win their next to so are on 64 at best
...we'd need a miracle still but even assuming it didnt happen, might help morale around the club and fans

I'm not sure thats certain at all. Their next two games are both away and both banana skins without their first choice CBs. Even Palace at home arent a push over

I'd say that if we win our next 2 then European football, even if the conference thing, is highly probable given Everton finish at Man C

Its not impossible that we go into the last day with a mathematical chance of CL still:
- win our next 2 to get to 62 points
- Chelsea draw or lose to Leicester so are on 64 or 65
- Liverpool dont win their next to so are on 64 at best
...we'd need a miracle still but even assuming it didnt happen, might help morale around the club and fans
I’ll have those straws your clutching and whip you with them...
It ain’t happening
Pool will cruise against the sides they have left IMO and tuesdays game is a straight knock out for CL
We will need to fight to get Europa

its return of the senior players without much playing times like Winks Bale Dele Toby Dier that worries me. This is against a higly energetic leeds team which everyone knows about. Mason himself conceded at the press conference that Leeds were the fittest team in the league, so its curious why he started with the less fit.

Toby has been a regular and Bale intermittently played second half of the season- Mourinho got sacked for underperforming let's not forget so it would be mightily strange if there wasn't team selection changes brought about because of the manager change.

Masons an ex player though so, as with most things it's a case of 2+2

I’ll have those straws your clutching and whip you with them...
It ain’t happening
Pool will cruise against the sides they have left IMO and tuesdays game is a straight knock out for CL
We will need to fight to get Europa

Its a 1% chance I agree, hence my use of the word 'miracle'!!!

I'd certainly take Europa League football now. There's still a good chance we finish 7th and end up in the conference thing, and also a decent chance of 8th and nothing.

Having some form of European football is in our hands now though, and realistically two wins will do it. Will we show up?!?

Its a 1% chance I agree, hence my use of the word 'miracle'!!!

I'd certainly take Europa League football now. There's still a good chance we finish 7th and end up in the conference thing, and also a decent chance of 8th and nothing.

Having some form of European football is in our hands now though, and realistically two wins will do it. Will we show up?!?
Pass
Can’t work this team at the moment
Lacking any leaders for a start

Considering our season's over, I'd rather see our younger players in the side rather than people like Dier or Alderwereld. Of course, it's another story financially, but I'd even argue that we would be better off without Europe next season, as far as our chances in the league are concerned. Whatever happens, Mason won't be in charge next season so why not give people like Rodon, Tanganga or even Scarlett a little game time?

Considering our season's over, I'd rather see our younger players in the side rather than people like Dier or Alderwereld. Of course, it's another story financially, but I'd even argue that we would be better off without Europe next season, as far as our chances in the league are concerned. Whatever happens, Mason won't be in charge next season so why not give people like Rodon, Tanganga or even Scarlett a little game time?

Well until the Leeds defeat we still had an outside chance of CL qualification so your first priority is to try and win, and as you hint the clubs priority now will be to qualify for either of the European places left via the league. No time for token minutes.

Edit: would love to see the reaction to this idea if it resulted in finishing below Arsenal

We can go above the Hammers today too surely in this clusterfudge of a season we could get some solace from finishing above them and Arsenal !!

Well until the Leeds defeat we still had an outside chance of CL qualification so your first priority is to try and win, and as you hint the clubs priority now will be to qualify for either of the European places left via the league. No time for token minutes.

Edit: would love to see the reaction to this idea if it resulted in finishing below Arsenal

Couldn't agree more with the first part: as long as we had a chance, no matter how small, we had to pick what the manager felt was our best side. As for token minutes, I think you're a bit harsh on Rodon and Tanganga who, in terms of performances, haven't been far from players currently picked. There's something to be said for stability in a back four but earlier in the season. We have three games left and if our defense doesn't look very different in a couple of months, we're in for another long season anyway.

I would also hope to see our best academy players on the bench, rather than fringe first-teamer like Sissoko. There's no better time to give them a try. In the long run, giving youngsters a taste of first-team action could be worth (a lot) more than a meaningless European run.

Last week was a poor performance, but most other top teams have only drawn at best at Leeds, so its not a *result* that shold cause panic. We need two decent performances over the next 4 days though - 2 wins and we're more or less going to be in Europe next year, prbably in the EL
F9E12DFD-BD65-4F80-98A6-132BF9FBE4F7.gif
461CEE78-8C26-4231-982B-ABABB9974466.gif

I can`t wait for this car crash of a season to be over. But we absolutely have to win today. If we dont finish above arsenal this season I will never hear the last of it from work, where there is pretty much every London club supported, but the majority are Chelsea and Arsenal. Its sickening that they even have a chance of finishing above us considering how crap they have been. I wasn`t worried when we lost to Leeds. But when they beat chelsea I have started to worry.
COYS

Back