• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham Dildo Club***

Or to put a different slant on it, resting players against West ham defiantly helped us against Utd ;) selective opinions mate, selective opinions.
I think it's flawed reasoning to look only at the outcome.

Say resting players against West Ham increased our chances of a win by 2% and for a draw by 3%. Obviously I'm just picking those numbers out of thin air and the true numbers are impossible to know. But just for the sake of argument, say that's right.

We'll still lose some percentage of the time. Looking at the one outcome that did happen actually says little to nothing about the decision Pochettino made. There was nothing he could do to eliminate, or even massively minimize, the probability of a loss.

It was a fudging stupid decision to rest players against West Ham. It's not as if fresher players are going to be able to beat Real Madrid a week later...oh.
Must admit I didnt see anyone complaining about resting players and not playing his strongest team, if anything he played a stronger side than most wanted/expected....

The West Ham game, will loom large for me and is similar to Saudi Sportswashing Machine result at the end of last season.

Real game was excellent along with Liverpool rout, my personal favourite.
But if we keep shooting ourselves in foot like in the Cariboo? cup, it will always sadly detract "for me" from the other excellent results.
Its had me looking anxiously a the clock when Real got one back.............

Last edited:
Let's be honest and fair; Poch DID put out a good enough team to beat West Ham - we were 2-0 up and cruising at the break FFS!

Yes, maybe if we had one or two extra 'first-teamers' playing we perhaps wouldn't have collapsed, but West Ham beat us using rudimentary tactics which also nearly caught us out in the league game as well.

Let's not use the Real Madrid game (as great as it was) to excuse this abomination; if anything, it makes it more galling!

Anyway, i've half forgiven the team and Poch for this match and will fully do so if we win the PL/CL or FA Cup:D

I think it's flawed reasoning to look only at the outcome.

Say resting players against West Ham increased our chances of a win by 2% and for a draw by 3%. Obviously I'm just picking those numbers out of thin air and the true numbers are impossible to know. But just for the sake of argument, say that's right.

We'll still lose some percentage of the time. Looking at the one outcome that did happen actually says little to nothing about the decision Pochettino made. There was nothing he could do to eliminate, or even massively minimize, the probability of a loss.

I do not disagree really, my post in reply to Milo's was tongue in cheek ( hence the smiley).

Back