• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham Dildo Club***

People remember teams that play good football. I bet more people remember the 95/96 Saudi Sportswashing Machine side that were runners up in the league than the VIlla team that won the league cup. Or the Leeds team that finished third in the league in 1999/00 than the Leicester team that beat Tranmere in the League Cup final.

Our players have come out and said they want to win medals. Many fans want to celebrate seeing the team win a trophy or two. Our side should be perfectly capable of delivering both good football and trophies.

Ah, but people use the exact same approach for the FA Cup as well - and Poch publicly holds the same views. You know this.

We are too good, apparently, to bother with either cup. Remove them from our history, though, and we have five major honors to our name - two of them UEFA Cups, which are also apparently too petty for us to pursue (in their current incarnation, the Europa League). In fact, we would rather go out to Gent in that competition. So, we have three major honours to our name in 135 years - but the European Cup Winner's Cup might also not matter now, since we treat the Europa League with disdain despite the UEFA Cup being the superior honour historically.

So, we have two honours in 135 years in the only competition we think is worth pursuing, apart from the CL (which we have never won). With the last coming fifty-six years ago. Great history to call on. And then we *wonder* why people associate us with Spurs-i-ness more than our history? We f*cking *repudiate* it ourselves with our dismissal of the cups.
This.

West ham seem to have the sign over us recently, twice we haven't turned up for their home games and we even manage to turn a potential spanking into an invigorating game for them this time around.

I heard this the first time a Poch team has blown a two goal lead, so hopefully it's a lesson about complacency and how hard it is to regain control of a game once you've ceded it to lesser but motivated opponents. I thought we let Liverpool back into a game we were controlling but the gift of a goal from a free kick we had one man in the box for on the stroke of half time allowed us to come out on the front foot.

Saving graces: no chance of them entering the Man U game with the same attitude and maybe the extra rest will give us the edge in a couple of league games. Perhaps there was a lack of leadership with Kane and Lloris missing, would like to see Dier or Toby step up as captain material in these type of situations, league cup or not.

Our players have come out and said they want to win medals. Many fans want to celebrate seeing the team win a trophy or two. Our side should be perfectly capable of delivering both good football and trophies.

Of course they have, they cannot say any thing else. The truth is, the league cup is the lowest priority competition that we are in this season and rightly so.

I believe that we can win trophies. We are a good side and getting better.

I has got nothing to do with cups or whatever!

It the inability of this group of players to beat an already beaten 3rf rate West Ham outfit!
We will not, as I’ve said earlier, win anything with displays like tonight.
This is not a one off, we have results similar to this running through the fabric of the club!
They must be eradicated or we will always be “sexy” :(

Did we have a similar result to this last season?

Totally arrogant from us in the second half. We just stopped looking bothered. Stopped matching their physicality. And then when the onus was on us to create again, we had lost all fluency.

I don’t want us to overreact and try too hard against United, I just want us to be the ruthless, professional machine that we are. I think we are in counter attack mode right now as a team and the first half, with West Ham trying to match us to impress their fans, kind of suited us. But as soon as we really needed to play again, we couldn’t do it.

West ham seem to have the sign over us recently, twice we haven't turned up for their home games and we even manage to turn a potential spanking into an invigorating game for them this time around.

I heard this the first time a Poch team has blown a two goal lead, so hopefully it's a lesson about complacency and how hard it is to regain control of a game once you've ceded it to lesser but motivated opponents. I thought we let Liverpool back into a game we were controlling but the gift of a goal from a free kick we had one man in the box for on the stroke of half time allowed us to come out on the front foot.

Saving graces: no chance of them entering the Man U game with the same attitude and maybe the extra rest will give us the edge in a couple of league games. Perhaps there was a lack of leadership with Kane and Lloris missing, would like to see Dier or Toby step up as captain material in these type of situations, league cup or not.
Odd side point - I was wondering why Vorm got the arm band not Toby or Dier.

I remember when we won it. Two of my best days as a Spurs fan. Whether or not fans of other teams remember it is completely irrelevant to me.
What was the other day? Or did you spend the Monday on the smash celebrating too?! (I booked the Monday off work at the time as either result would have made it a painful day!!)

I agree with those saying that this would be a great opportunity for some younger players to get a chance to shine, especially if this is a cup "we don't care much about". They feared us in the first but outbattled us in the second, which I don't think would have happened with our second string. I think I remember Wenger playing the reserves in the final one year, because it was those who got them there. It would have felt better to go out due to ability rather than complacency in any case.

Not particulary bothered about this one with the exciting games coming up, but it never feels good to lose a cup game regardless. This was our best shot at a trophy, and I'm sure every single one of our players would rather have a "don't care-cup" medal than no medal at all.

Re the bit in bold. If that were true then they should have bloody well stayed focused.
Almost home and whilst going out of this cup is not the end of the world, there is no excuse for such a capitulation and I still can't quite fathom what I saw in front of me.
WH were awful. Their fans booed them at half time. No way should we have lost that.
Skimming through some of this thread I've seen comments that we were playing our reserves. Well maybe , but apart from Foyth they are all experienced players with plenty of first team experience and therefore have no excuse.
It will all come into perspective tomorrow but right now I'm p1ssed off.

Out of interest, what would people see as a par performance in the cups? With the current squad, how often should we expect to win the league cup?

Be interesting to know the ages of the fans who don't care about the Domestic Cups. Probably the newer generation that have had it built into them that Top 4/Money/Champions League/Money is everything. I'm 34 and the Cup wins are up the top of my best memories supporting Spurs.

Ah, but people use the exact same approach for the FA Cup as well - and Poch publicly holds the same views. You know this.

We are too good, apparently, to bother with either cup. Remove them from our history, though, and we have five major honors to our name - two of them UEFA Cups, which are also apparently too petty for us to pursue (in their current incarnation, the Europa League). In fact, we would rather go out to Gent in that competition. So, we have three major honours to our name in 135 years - but the European Cup Winner's Cup might also not matter now, since we treat the Europa League with disdain despite the UEFA Cup being the superior honour historically.

So, we have two honours in 135 years in the only competition we think is worth pursuing, apart from the CL (which we have never won). With the last coming fifty-six years ago. Great history to call on. And then we *wonder* why people associate us with Spurs-i-ness more than our history? We f*cking *repudiate* it ourselves with our dismissal of the cups.
I don't think our treatment of the two cups is the same.

Yes, we clearly prioritise the league and the CL as any team should. We play stronger teams in the equivalent stages of the FA Cup, but like pretty much every other team, focus more on more important competitions.

Out of interest, what would people see as a par performance in the cups? With the current squad, how often should we expect to win the league cup?

In large part that depends how seriously the management and players decide to take them. I don’t think our current squad is any worse than any other in the Premier League, so we start off with as good a chance (and better than most) of winning one of the domestic trophies.

If we can be arsed to try, that is.

Be interesting to know the ages of the fans who don't care about the Domestic Cups. Probably the newer generation that have had it built into them that Top 4/Money/Champions League/Money is everything. I'm 34 and the Cup wins are up the top of my best memories supporting Spurs.
If you were a few years older then you'd probably remember winning the FA Cup better and it would put the league cup into a bit more perspective.

I don't think a team with our resources should be expected to do anything much in the cups.

We're trying to compete in the league against two out of three of the world's most financially doped teams and the biggest team (marketing wise) on the planet. We don't nearly have the resources to hold a squad like any of those three do and they barely put any effort into the league cup.

One of the things we can do to lessen the disadvantage is try to be more clever with our fixtures. Ditch the league cup, ditch the UEFA (if we have to go back to it) and play the reserves up to the QF of the FA Cup. If we luck into a win then great, if not, then that's just the cost of not playing on cheat mode.

Last edited:
Back