• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion ***

I've never not watched a NLD when I've been able to, but sweet Jesus, I honestly dont think Im strong enough to take it next week. It has the potential to be brutal on a scale that we dare to even think about !

I'm also concerned that we might be on the receiving end of a hiding come Saturday... although perhaps it's a good omen (grasping at straws!) that the last time we lost to West Brom at WHL was all the way back in the autumn of 1984 and we won at the Library that season on the way to a 3rd place finish in the league... [-o<

The past is the past. What happened 20 years ago doesnt determine what will happen next saturday thats why I hate stats and dont take any notice. I wont hold my breathe but you never know.

When you look at the team's we've played so far this season, it doesn't look too promising.
5 teams with 6 wins between them in 25 games, 4 of which you would expect to be in the relegation mix, or at best bottom half. Our form seems to have evaporated. Not looking forward to next weekend one bit.

When you look at the team's we've played so far this season, it doesn't look too promising.
5 teams with 6 wins between them in 25 games, 4 of which you would expect to be in the relegation mix, or at best bottom half. Our form seems to have evaporated. Not looking forward to next weekend one bit.

Our form would give a much better indication than previous results against Arsenal and taking that into account yep its going to be uber difficult. I think the 'honeymoon' period if you want to call it that is well and truly over.

The past is the past. What happened 20 years ago doesnt determine what will happen next saturday thats why I hate stats and dont take any notice. I wont hold my breathe but you never know.

I definitely think the past does play on the minds of at least some of the players, especially when we've been above them in the league and people are forever asking them "is this the year you can finish above them?"

The same was the case when we couldn't beat Chelsea for what seemed like about 20 years.

[video=youtube;ezxuD7MYDJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezxuD7MYDJQ[/video]

cant see this happening

I definitely think the past does play on the minds of at least some of the players, especially when we've been above them in the league and people are forever asking them "is this the year you can finish above them?"

The same was the case when we couldn't beat Chelsea for what seemed like about 20 years.

Then thats a mentality issue which is more perplexing given that none of them have been here for 20 years and a number of them will not have been part of that past. You go out on that pitch beaten and the chances are you will get beaten.

So interesting to see some of the poster being pessimistic like its the end of the world.
In previous games you people said the team has transformed under Pocchi, but in just one game which obviously the players didnt show up you people said totally opposite things.:ross:

Do any of the other Premier League ever present clubs have as many bogey grounds as Spurs?

We failed to register a win at Old Trafford between 1989 and 2012, or at ARSEnal between 1993 and 2010, or take 3pts from Anfield between 1993 and 2011... and we still haven't won at Stamford Bridge since the days of the old First Division.

So why was Vertonghen on the bench?:-k
Is he being saved for the NLD? Surely MoPo cannot start Kaboul in that one??

The way people keep going on about Vertonghen you'd think he was Superman or something. He's no more than a decent CB and an average LB who makes just as many mistakes as the rest of them, but compounds it with his 'I can't be arsed' attitude.

The way people keep going on about Vertonghen you'd think he was Superman or something. He's no more than a decent CB and an average LB who makes just as many mistakes as the rest of them, but compounds it with his 'I can't be arsed' attitude.

We keep going on about him because he is arguably our best centre half and should never be dropped for a piece of **** like chiriches in a league game unless he was dying.

You are a goal down at home and there is 21 minutes still to play (including extra time). There was no urgency, little passion or pride and that is criminal. If you drop 3 points at home I couldn't care less at this stage whether you get hit on the break and go down 0-2. When that clock is showing ten minutes and then 5 minutes to play you expect far more urgency. There were too many touches, to many sideways passes. I don't know what Poch has asked of them but if you have a line of four players across the pitch in midfield then look to hit the wide man immediately giving him space, rather than slowing the ball down with 2 additional players needing to receive and pass the ball on. Later in the game it improved a little but we need someone to receive the ball from the back and distribute quickly.

We just lacked the intensity we need to win these types of games. I don't think we are as talented as a City or Chelsea to simply roll over opposition based on the individual talent in the squad. But even they get rolled over if they don't turn up. (Look at City v Stoke). The players realised we were not sharp but by that point it's not easy to suddenly turn it on, we let West Brom settle into a pattern and grow with confidence. Poch likes us to start as we did v Sunderland. *Bang* and get at them straight away.

I think the manager was as frustrated as us fans yesterday.

Like I said before he learns more about his squad with these games. Part of the issue is he won't know the squad as well as Tim Sherwood (as Tim said last season). So he has to find out the bad eggs from the good for himself. Sherwood had some good ideas. He was just an idiot. I am still very confident in Pochettino. It may take a while, and I'm not talking a few games. We will need to move some people on if he realises they are not suited to his game, and bring some of his own in.

I'd been away for a week on business, got to the Lane just a few hours after returning back in the UK - wish I hadn't bothered.

Any optimism I had has been completely flushed these last few weeks. I said when we got him that I didn't think Pochettino was a good hiring and I stick by that. I must admit I nearly changed my mind after the QPR game but turns out that was more down to them being awful as they have in most of their games. Poch did reasonably well at Southampton, but if you look at it logically they had the eighth best team in the league so it made sense that was where they finished. The teams below them last year were dog****, Stoke and Saudi Sportswashing Machine finished 9th and 10th FFS. Southampton were beginning to resemble a very good team under Nigel Adkins IIRC, roughly halfway through the season, then he got the chop and replaced by Poch to the bemusement of many fans and pundits. All Pochettino did was carry on in the same vein.

We saw yesterday, just as we did at Sunderland and at home to Liverpool, that Pochettino's team only has one way of playing. Press, win the ball back if possible then pass it sideways for as long as possible so we win the possession.

I'm sick of watching half of our team trudge about and play **** every other week. Adebayor continues to turn up only when it suits him. Eriksen is hideously overrated by our fans. Lamela I wanted to kick on this season but he runs into traffic more than Jack Wheelchair. Our lack of pace among the front four is criminal, no wonder we're so easy to defend against. Our defence is tragic. We spent nearly £20m on a centre back and left back and neither can even get in our team FFS.

It's going to be a long season again. I'd be astonished if we finished in the top 6 even, at least the other teams near the top who lost have players coming back from injury or are bedding new players in to their team, they'll improve. We have the same players out there as last season and the same problems. Crap in attack, crap in midfield, crap in defence. Don't create many chances, concede plenty. As bad as we were last season we still somehow grinded out 1-0 wins lots of the time, we won't be able to keep doing that now.

Just about every Spurs fan I know is in agreement.

I'd been away for a week on business, got to the Lane just a few hours after returning back in the UK - wish I hadn't bothered.

Any optimism I had has been completely flushed these last few weeks. I said when we got him that I didn't think Pochettino was a good hiring and I stick by that. I must admit I nearly changed my mind after the QPR game but turns out that was more down to them being awful as they have in most of their games. Poch did reasonably well at Southampton, but if you look at it logically they had the eighth best team in the league so it made sense that was where they finished. The teams below them last year were dog****, Stoke and Saudi Sportswashing Machine finished 9th and 10th FFS. Southampton were beginning to resemble a very good team under Nigel Adkins IIRC, roughly halfway through the season, then he got the chop and replaced by Poch to the bemusement of many fans and pundits. All Pochettino did was carry on in the same vein.

We saw yesterday, just as we did at Sunderland and at home to Liverpool, that Pochettino's team only has one way of playing. Press, win the ball back if possible then pass it sideways for as long as possible so we win the possession.

I'm sick of watching half of our team trudge about and play **** every other week. Adebayor continues to turn up only when it suits him. Eriksen is hideously overrated by our fans. Lamela I wanted to kick on this season but he runs into traffic more than Jack Wheelchair. Our lack of pace among the front four is criminal, no wonder we're so easy to defend against. Our defence is tragic. We spent nearly £20m on a centre back and left back and neither can even get in our team FFS.

It's going to be a long season again. I'd be astonished if we finished in the top 6 even, at least the other teams near the top who lost have players coming back from injury or are bedding new players in to their team, they'll improve. We have the same players out there as last season and the same problems. Crap in attack, crap in midfield, crap in defence. Don't create many chances, concede plenty. As bad as we were last season we still somehow grinded out 1-0 wins lots of the time, we won't be able to keep doing that now.

Just about every Spurs fan I know is in agreement.

Why is this Pochettino's fault already?

It's not his fault that many of our players are distinctly average. It's his fault that we have shown zero motivation in several games, been lethargic on and off the ball and play in a pretty negative way against teams inferior to ourselves.

Back