• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion ***

I think Vertonghen is gonna end up playing out the left again once Poch realises that his best back four is Walker Dier Fazio Vertonghen

Then Vert will be unhappy again. I saw rose in one occasion, when we were countered by dispossessing in midfield, rather than runnng back to cover, he just raised his arm for offside, leaving chilicash one on one to Berahino. WTF!!!

Then Vert will be unhappy again. I saw rose in one occasion, when we were countered by dispossessing in midfield, rather than runnng back to cover, he just raised his arm for offside, leaving chilicash one on one to Berahino. WTF!!!

He's no more than our 3rd best LB, so makes no sense playing him there anyway.

Just back from game. Sat: Front row upper north.

My observations:

1. We were really dismal -it was as bad as our worse performances last season. Slow paced. no invention going forward. Dreadful at the back. We can't even keep the ball well now though
2. What the **** is Verts doing on the bench?
3. There was absolutely no movement at all from from the forwards and attacking midfielders when the DM or another midfielder has the ball. We were completely static. That is a manager/training ground issue. Not good.
4. A lot of players were very poor. I've knocked Lamela a few times, and I still don't think he is going to make the grade in the Premier BUT at least he made the right runs and kept going until the end. Unlike some of the other players.
5. I was always worried Poch was effectively and AVB alike. Nothing I saw today persuaded me any different. But in his defence we have a shocking squad quality and balance wise for a supposed top 4 challenger.
6. Play/buy players and put them on the side that suits their natural foot.
7. Our corners and set pieces were mostly rubbish again.

8. The one positive. when we went 4-4-2 and Eriksen came in to the CM and Lennon was on -it was only about ten minutes but we looked a much better side.

So much for my 5-0 prediction :lol:

Disaster really. 1 step forward with a good performance against Sunderland and about 4 steps back with that dross today. The same as last season really. Spunked away the Bale money? Ugh...

Today really showed why we need Bentaleb in the team imo (unless Stambouli is super awesome).

Central midfield was just not creative enough, nowhere near creative enough. Really lacked someone who could pass it quickly and find our attacking players in better positions.

Back home, finally, after the match

Utterly embarassing performance, from the 1st minute to the last, I thought we looked clueless and lacking any creativity. We should have known really, the chance to go 3rd at home against win-less team bottom of the League. A recipe for a nailed-on away win. This season's Hull at home, Wigan at home, it seems every season has at least one.

Time to read this OMT, I assume it isnt good reading.

Oh and yes, bye Mumorn!

Just back from game. Sat: Front row upper north.

My observations:

1. We were really dismal -it was as bad as our worse performances last season. Slow paced. no invention going forward. Dreadful at the back. We can't even keep the ball well now though
2. What the **** is Verts doing on the bench?
3. There was absolutely no movement at all from from the forwards and attacking midfielders when the DM or another midfielder has the ball. We were completely static. That is a manager/training ground issue. Not good.
4. A lot of players were very poor. I've knocked Lamela a few times, and I still don't think he is going to make the grade in the Premier BUT at least he made the right runs and kept going until the end. Unlike some of the other players.
5. I was always worried Poch was effectively and AVB alike. Nothing I saw today persuaded me any different. But in his defence we have a shocking squad quality and balance wise for a supposed top 4 challenger.
6. Play/buy players and put them on the side that suits their natural foot.
7. Our corners and set pieces were mostly rubbish again.

8. The one positive. when we went 4-4-2 and Eriksen came in to the CM and Lennon was on -it was only about ten minutes but we looked a much better side.

IMO this is one of the most worrying aspect of today's game. The signs in pre-season and our early matches were good. Lots of movement and one and two touch passing. Today that was mostly absent.

Also I have been relatively pleased with our subs before today, but today I didn't agree with Poch on the changes. In the first half we got turned repeatedly with the ball over the top and Chirches was obviously having a mare, particularly with this type of ball. He should have been subbed at half time for Verts. The second sub should have been Ade after about 10mins of the second half. He also was having one of those days and we should have kept our shape and just swapped in Soldado. Sacrificing a midfielder for Soldado (effectively) and one of the CM's being Paulinho meant that we conceded the middle of the park to them and the game went away from us after that. Lennon did add some forward momentum but the sub was too late to turn the tide. That's my read on it anyway.

Sure....

comfortable performance as in they didnt really have a chance, we passed better, moved better and were clearly the better team, bit like QPR game where from opening 10 mins you knew we'd win and you didnt really want it to end because youre enjoying the viewing, the confidence from the players etc

When you look at Southampton this season, I think maybe that is because they are a stable club who are run more fairly. I remember Rogers said something about not wanting to join us because of the complete lack of job stability. When a manager comes in I don't think he ever feels comfortable. The club hasn't had unity since Redknapp really and under Levy more often than not we don't have that. Both Martinez and Rogers are proving to be pretty good coaches. I feel Levy is just reacting rashly and acting impulsively time and time again.

Southampton stable ? They have had 6 managers in the last 5 years, and this summer sold 5 of their top players all at once for nearly £100m.

They have a new manager and loads of new players and were being tipped for relegation. They are anything but stable.

But they "still" look better then us.

I've never not watched a NLD when I've been able to, but sweet Jesus, I honestly dont think Im strong enough to take it next week. It has the potential to be brutal on a scale that we dare to even think about !

I've never not watched a NLD when I've been able to, but sweet Jesus, I honestly dont think Im strong enough to take it next week. It has the potential to be brutal on a scale that we dare to even think about !

I think we will get a draw or a win - just have a feeling that when push comes to shove we will perform alright. Then again ive been deluded about Spurs for years. I mean I still think we could win the league this season.

I think we will get a draw or a win - just have a feeling that when push comes to shove we will perform alright. Then again ive been deluded about Spurs for years. I mean I still think we could win the league this season.

:lol: I thought I was the only one this deluded!

thats comfortable performance which we didnt see from ourselves sadly.

we did see a comfortable win though

Clutching at straws now aren't we Mumorn:)

Well if you provide similar entertainment I for one am happy you can't take yourself away from the board...who else will provide the laughs:ross:

Don't get your hopes up. How many credible performances over the last 20 years have we given at their place?

Don't get your hopes up. How many credible performances over the last 20 years have we given at their place?

The past is the past. What happened 20 years ago doesnt determine what will happen next saturday thats why I hate stats and dont take any notice. I wont hold my breathe but you never know.

Back