1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v West 'Am United - WHL, Sun 22nd Feb, KO - 12pm

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by thfcsteff, 20 Feb 2015.

1. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Jose Dominguez

Can't have Dembele, Lamela and Townsend in the front three, should only have one of those ball hogs.

SteveAWOL, thfcsteff and Pirate55 like this.
  2. 90291Spur

90291Spur Steffen Iversen

After the first 15 or so minutes it's been pretty turgid.

3. scaramanga

scaramanga Teddy Sheringham Staff Member

Eriksen for Lamela, Soldado for Dembele and Doris the tea lady for Townsend.

4. 90291Spur

90291Spur Steffen Iversen

I'd prefer Vorm to Dembele. AND Lamela.

5. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Jack Jull

Apart from our usual defensive fragility, we've been okay really. Crowd getting on the back of Dembele and Lamela. We need to be mentally strong and play our game as wham are getting tight making it tough. But the Kane and Bentaleb chances show we are okay here. Hopefully the crowd come onside and support the team.

thfcsteff likes this.
  6. SoundAndVision

SoundAndVision Michael Brown

Bobby and Eriksen on please.

7. Ginola99

Ginola99 Steven Caulker

Chadli on for Lamela and Eriksen for Townsend please.. Those two are just not contributing.. Well nothing positive anyway..

8. Huddy

Huddy Roman Pavlyuchenko

Lamela stop flicking the ball with the outside of your boot all the time!!!!!! Use your damn instep.

9. DHSF

DHSF Les Ferdinand

Really? I bet Poch doesnt think it has been. Its that type of thinking that separates winners and losers in my view...

10. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Frederic Kanoute

Chadli for dembele, lamella in the middle.

11. Gilzeantoscore

Gilzeantoscore Dean Austin

Townsend, why? He's clearly not good enough at this level. Nothing he tries, comes off. Dembele, why does he simply refuse to make the early pass? What a stupid goal to concede, as we wee battering them at that point.

12. Didn'tMindGraham

Didn'tMindGraham Helder Postiga

Fat chance, they're already booing. Don't say anything though or you'll get hounded out of the club

13. indianspur

indianspur Guest

Well that was a bit meh....

14. scaramanga

scaramanga Teddy Sheringham Staff Member

We've been awful going forwards.

I'm surprised Kane can even remember what a football is - those 3 behind him couldn't work out how to pass a ball between them.

15. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Gary Stevens Staff Member

Lamela is trying to get the ball forwards. Mousa's having one of his 'return-to-old-days' games. We generally seem a bit too jumpy and raw. They've turned it into a bit of a knuckle-drag, thickening the spaces and preventing football from breaking out, we just need to play a little calmer, a little more fluid. Townsend's been pony too, which doesn't help our cause.

16. ringo

ringo Andy Sinton

Lamela demonstrating the same faults he has displayed ever since he was signed. If he hasn't (or can't) learn by now, I don't think he ever will.
    I had got slightly encouraged by a couple of his performances recently. But I think that is just me settling for less, rather than Lamela improving.

africanspurs, Huddy and Pirate55 like this.
  17. metalgear

metalgear Jimmy McCormick

That goal... It was beyond dier, so it's either verts or loris ?

18. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

HT 0-1. We look surprisingly lethargic. The front four aren't functioning at all. We have largely been reduced to hopeful long range shots. Dembele ( who I normally like) has been the worst offender closely followed by Lamela and Townsend. Mason and Bentaleb have been outmuscled by Spammers three in midfield. It is hairdryer time for Poch. He needs a reaction this half. I would bring on Eriksen and Chadli now.

19. Spursman

Spursman Neil Sullivan

Horrible display. West Ham tactics have stopped us playing. This is where Poch is a problem for me. He isn't adaptable with how we play. No coincidence that West Ham have a good record at the lane recently.

metalgear likes this.
  20. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Jimmy McCormick

As I feared, we tried to be half committed to this game - we rested a couple of our more important players (Eriksen key among them), but played the rest, and now we're staring at the worst possible result - a loss with no appreciable gain in fitness levels to show for it. Sigh. Still, plenty of time to turn this around. Townsend's the most likely to go, IMO - made a few really bad decisions, and just looked off the pace. Who we bring on, however, will be interesting.