• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v West 'Am United - WHL, Sun 22nd Feb, KO - 12pm

Apart from our usual defensive fragility, we've been okay really. Crowd getting on the back of Dembele and Lamela. We need to be mentally strong and play our game as wham are getting tight making it tough. But the Kane and Bentaleb chances show we are okay here. Hopefully the crowd come onside and support the team.

Chadli on for Lamela and Eriksen for Townsend please.. Those two are just not contributing.. Well nothing positive anyway..

Apart from our usual defensive fragility, we've been okay really. Crowd getting on the back of Dembele and Lamela. We need to be mentally strong and play our game as wham are getting tight making it tough. But the Kane and Bentaleb chances show we are okay here. Hopefully the crowd come onside and support the team.

Really? I bet Poch doesnt think it has been. Its that type of thinking that separates winners and losers in my view...

Townsend, why? He's clearly not good enough at this level. Nothing he tries, comes off. Dembele, why does he simply refuse to make the early pass? What a stupid goal to concede, as we wee battering them at that point.

We've been awful going forwards.

I'm surprised Kane can even remember what a football is - those 3 behind him couldn't work out how to pass a ball between them.

Lamela is trying to get the ball forwards. Mousa's having one of his 'return-to-old-days' games. We generally seem a bit too jumpy and raw. They've turned it into a bit of a knuckle-drag, thickening the spaces and preventing football from breaking out, we just need to play a little calmer, a little more fluid. Townsend's been pony too, which doesn't help our cause.

Lamela demonstrating the same faults he has displayed ever since he was signed. If he hasn't (or can't) learn by now, I don't think he ever will.
I had got slightly encouraged by a couple of his performances recently. But I think that is just me settling for less, rather than Lamela improving.

HT 0-1. We look surprisingly lethargic. The front four aren't functioning at all. We have largely been reduced to hopeful long range shots. Dembele ( who I normally like) has been the worst offender closely followed by Lamela and Townsend. Mason and Bentaleb have been outmuscled by Spammers three in midfield. It is hairdryer time for Poch. He needs a reaction this half. I would bring on Eriksen and Chadli now.

Horrible display. West Ham tactics have stopped us playing. This is where Poch is a problem for me. He isn't adaptable with how we play. No coincidence that West Ham have a good record at the lane recently.

As I feared, we tried to be half committed to this game - we rested a couple of our more important players (Eriksen key among them), but played the rest, and now we're staring at the worst possible result - a loss with no appreciable gain in fitness levels to show for it. Sigh. Still, plenty of time to turn this around. Townsend's the most likely to go, IMO - made a few really bad decisions, and just looked off the pace. Who we bring on, however, will be interesting.

Back