• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v West 'Am United - WHL, Sun 22nd Feb, KO - 12pm

At least we have some firepower on the bench! Soldado, Chadli and Eriksen will all come up at some point if its stays like this

As the commentators on BT just said, Dembele massively underperforms relatively to his abilities. Personally he's not someone who I would want at the club longer term as he just goes missing and doesnt influence games
I have tried defending the guy but he is not good enough, one good game in 10 does not cut it.

As the commentators on BT just said, Dembele massively underperforms relatively to his abilities. Personally he's not someone who I would want at the club longer term as he just goes missing and doesnt influence games

It has something to do with having confidence in his ability. He needs to feel completely on his game. He's naturally hesitant, when he needs to feel like he's fully in control and confident. Lamela sometimes the same.

I have tried defending the guy but he is not good enough, one good game in 10 does not cut it.
I'm not sure its even that many and for an experienced player thats not good enough. He's no longer a kid, he should be winning and dictating games yet its rare you watch a game and think Dembele has been instrumental in us getting a result

It has something to do with having confidence in his ability. He needs to feel completely on his game. He's naturally hesitant, when he needs to feel like he's fully in control and confident. Lamela sometimes the same.
If thats the case then he's not much use to us! If he 'needs to feel completely on his game' then he's not exactly someone we can rely on

How may Prem games is it going to take Lamela to understand you don't have time to dwell on the ball?
Was thnking the same. Next season he'll have Pritchard pressuring him for his position and you'd also expect us to sign another option for those 3 roles behind the CF as well

I really do not see why we did not keep Holtby around. He would be ideal in that number 10 role that Dembélé is playing.

This is the first 'poor' game Dembele has had in the last six or seven he's started. Give over lads.

He's not alone out there either.

If thats the case then he's not much use to us! If he 'needs to feel completely on his game' then he's not exactly someone we can rely on

Well he's here until the summer at least. Can Poch and the coaching team get into Lamela and Dembele's head? Get them confident on the ball and playing like they belong?

We've seen it with the academy players but some of the more established one's look much more fragile. Perfect example with Dembele in the box - a confident player takes a touch and fires on goal. He's not confident and tries the flick. Same with Lamela flicking the ball as he's a tad scared of controlling it in tight situations. The crowd groan etc.

This is the first 'poor' game Dembele has had in the last six or seven he's started. Give over lads.

He's not alone out there either.
He's not along, agreed. Lamela and Townsend also poor. He's a senior pro though. Dont accept that this is his first poor game in 6 or 7

Just shows how important Eriksen is. Dembele is always looking for him. Without him both are neutered.

Back