• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v The Real Madrid - 1st half***

If Zidane doesn’t get off to a good start and is sacked and Madrid pick the correct manager, they could quite easily become a force with the team they have.

They'd need a caretaker because there is no way that we would release Poch mid-season.

If Zidane doesn’t get off to a good start and is sacked and Madrid pick the correct manager, they could quite easily become a force with the team they have.

Who would you take from their team that would get into ours? From that RM performance I'd only want Marcelo, and possibly Hazard. He had a couple of jinks. They probably have better players than were on show today and will step up.

Poch has a childish little strop in the press conference, acting like he isn't in constant contact with Levy and isnt part of the 3 man transfer committee.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham/mauricio-pochettino-suggests-tottenham-should-change-his-job-title-as-he-repeats-transfer-claim-a4201801.html

Mauricio Pochettino suggests Tottenham should change his job title as he repeats transfer claim
Mauricio Pochettino has reiterated that he has no control over Tottenham's transfer business and suggested the club should change his job title from manager to coach.

With a little over a week of the summer transfer window remaining, Spurs have only signed two players – with one, Jack Clarke, immediately returning to the Championship on loan – and Pochettino has spent pre-season distancing himself from the club's so far-underwhelming business.

The Argentine's job title was changed from head coach to manager when he signed a new contract with the club in May 2016 but he says the situation has now changed.

"I am not in charge and I know nothing about the situation of my players," Pochettino said after the 1-0 win over Real Madrid in the Audi Cup.

"I am only coaching them and trying to get the best from them. These type of things will happen or not happen.
"Sell or buy players, sign contracts, not sign contracts – I think is not in my hands, it's in the club's hands and in Daniel Levy's hands. At the moment I am managing the team the best way possible.

"The club need to change my [job] title and description, no? My job now is to coach the team. It's not a question for me, it's a question for the club and maybe they need to change my title.

"I told you before I am not in charge of the individual situations. Of course I am the boss deciding the strategic play, training, mentality and philosophy are my areas, but in another area I don't know. Today, I feel like I am the coach."

Pochettino repeatedly called for Tottenham to begin a 'new chapter' towards the end of last season, urging chairman Daniel Levy 'to work in a different way' and starting to 'act like a big club'.

Spurs have since broken their transfer record to sign £65million midfielder Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon but they continue to be frustrated in attempts to bring Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon and Real Betis playmaker Giovani Lo Celso to north London.

They have also struggled to offload unwanted players, including Danny Rose and Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, who were both excluded from the pre-season trip to Asia in order to find new clubs but played against Real on Tuesday.
Asked what had changed since last season, Pochettino added: "I cannot answer. It's not me. I am only the person on the touchline, managing the team. The question is not for me and I do not have answer. I tell you what is my responsibility.

"I think it's not in my hands. Only I describe the situation of what happens and I think it's important for the players and people to know that I am going to be, like I told you before, that I will be happy with the squad that the club are going to provide to me.

"Of course we will give our best. My mood is always the same and my emotional balance is always similar. I am emotional, but I am a person like everyone that thinks a lot.

"Only I describe the situation to make clear that if you have some questions that I am not the person that is going to answer what you want."

Spurs face Bayern Munich or Fenerbahce in the Audi Cup Final on Wednesday and Pochettino said he was happy with the club's pre-season performances so far.

"I think I am happy as we've played three tough games against Juventus, Manchester United and now Real Madrid," he said. "It's a very unique pre-season for us, different pre-season.

"I think we are doing well but the most important is the feeling we are getting from the training sessions and games as it's so competitive. Of course we still need to improve and hope in the next few weeks we will be ready to compete at our best."

Poch has a childish little strop in the press conference, acting like he isn't in constant contact with Levy and isnt part of the 3 man transfer committee.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham/mauricio-pochettino-suggests-tottenham-should-change-his-job-title-as-he-repeats-transfer-claim-a4201801.html

Mauricio Pochettino suggests Tottenham should change his job title as he repeats transfer claim
Mauricio Pochettino has reiterated that he has no control over Tottenham's transfer business and suggested the club should change his job title from manager to coach.

With a little over a week of the summer transfer window remaining, Spurs have only signed two players – with one, Jack Clarke, immediately returning to the Championship on loan – and Pochettino has spent pre-season distancing himself from the club's so far-underwhelming business.

The Argentine's job title was changed from head coach to manager when he signed a new contract with the club in May 2016 but he says the situation has now changed.

"I am not in charge and I know nothing about the situation of my players," Pochettino said after the 1-0 win over Real Madrid in the Audi Cup.

"I am only coaching them and trying to get the best from them. These type of things will happen or not happen.
"Sell or buy players, sign contracts, not sign contracts – I think is not in my hands, it's in the club's hands and in Daniel Levy's hands. At the moment I am managing the team the best way possible.

"The club need to change my [job] title and description, no? My job now is to coach the team. It's not a question for me, it's a question for the club and maybe they need to change my title.

"I told you before I am not in charge of the individual situations. Of course I am the boss deciding the strategic play, training, meteorology and philosophy are my areas, but in another area I don't know. Today, I feel like I am the coach."

Pochettino repeatedly called for Tottenham to begin a 'new chapter' towards the end of last season, urging chairman Daniel Levy 'to work in a different way' and starting to 'act like a big club'.

Spurs have since broken their transfer record to sign £65million midfielder Tanguy Ndombele from Lyon but they continue to be frustrated in attempts to bring Fulham's Ryan Sessegnon and Real Betis playmaker Giovani Lo Celso to north London.

They have also struggled to offload unwanted players, including Danny Rose and Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, who were both excluded from the pre-season trip to Asia in order to find new clubs but played against Real on Tuesday.
Asked what had changed since last season, Pochettino added: "I cannot answer. It's not me. I am only the person on the touchline, managing the team. The question is not for me and I do not have answer. I tell you what is my responsibility.

"I think it's not in my hands. Only I describe the situation of what happens and I think it's important for the players and people to know that I am going to be, like I told you before, that I will be happy with the squad that the club are going to provide to me.

"Of course we will give our best. My mood is always the same and my emotional balance is always similar. I am emotional, but I am a person like everyone that thinks a lot.

"Only I describe the situation to make clear that if you have some questions that I am not the person that is going to answer what you want."

Spurs face Bayern Munich or Fenerbahce in the Audi Cup Final on Wednesday and Pochettino said he was happy with the club's pre-season performances so far.

"I think I am happy as we've played three tough games against Juventus, Manchester United and now Real Madrid," he said. "It's a very unique pre-season for us, different pre-season.

"I think we are doing well but the most important is the feeling we are getting from the training sessions and games as it's so competitive. Of course we still need to improve and hope in the next few weeks we will be ready to compete at our best."

Full quotes here.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...chettino-spurs-press-conference-rose-16671853

He was tetchy, yes, but I think that he's just trying to avoid talking about transfers.

Watch the press conference. He's fully absolving himself of any responsibility with transfers.
He wouldn't do that if we were bringing someone in

Back