• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v The Real Madrid - 1st half***

My mate thinks our squad isn’t deep enough..

We have Toby, Jan, Sánchez, Foyth... plus Dier and Davies for CB and Tattanga
Aurier, KWP, Foyth plus Dier and Toby for RB
Rose and Davies LB plus Verts
Winks, Sissoko, NDombele and Dier CM, plus Skipp, Dele and eriksen if need be
Attack wise we have Kane, Lamela, Son, Eriksen-sen-sen, Moura, Dele and Parrot

That’s a pretty deep squad
Also shows how well Poch has got the lads playing together, bringing in the youngsters who I imagine during the season will be used sparingly - and why we may not need to buy more apart from giving more variety going forward.

Both are obviously going to be important to us. Neither as good as Ndombele - impressed by him so far. Winks offers more passing and speed moving the ball. Sissoko is better defensively and marauding forward. At 30 Sissoko is far more expereinced.

Poch will be choosing Ndombele + Winks/Sissoko you'd guess, with the likes of Skipp covering injuries and domestic cups.

I really don't get people saying Sissoko is better defensively. He's not, Winks just doesn't need to do recovery tackles because he intercepts and closes out opportunities.

Sissoko's one good season with us was playing as a ball carrying CM, a position he is now competing with Ndombele for.

I really don't get people saying Sissoko is better defensively. He's not, Winks just doesn't need to do recovery tackles because he intercepts and closes out opportunities.

Sissoko's one good season with us was playing as a ball carrying CM, a position he is now competing with Ndombele for.

I disagree. Sissoko puts his body in the way to good effect. That half Winks was beated once where Sissoko probably would have screened it. Sissoko's physicality is imposing and he uses it well. Probaby gives away one too many fouls though (somthing Foyth needs to cut out too).

3G has asked that you put this to a vote. Only then will 3G be happy that his referring to himself in the third person is not acceptable on this board.

3G signs off his message.

Fair enough, I'll put it to a vote of the mods.

judge_6046.jpg

I disagree. Sissoko puts his body in the way to good effect. That half Winks was beated once where Sissoko probably would have screened it. Sissoko's physicality is imposing and he uses it well. Probaby gives away one too many fouls though (somthing Foyth needs to cut out too).

He is better at last ditch tackles, a better CM doesn't need to make them.

Truth is even that wasn't really a strong suit

I'm still pinching myself. Our pre-season matches are Juve, ManU, Real, and either Bayern or Fenerbahce. AND WE'RE FIELDING YOUTH TEAM PLAYERS!

Compared with all those tours of the past against whatever no-hopers would give us a game, this is absolute bloody paradise. We really are transitioning into one of the big boys of world football. Forget winning the odd FA Cup, this is what happens when you reach the latter stages of the CL. The fans see us. The players see us. It's all about building a global profile.

Whatever combination of Levy, Poch, and just plain luck it might be, I am absolutely loving it.

Alli's passing has to improve. His game is all about trying stuff - I get that - but he needs to make more passes stick.

Tanganga has a good knack for being in the right place to block shots! Had quite a few of those in the previous game too!

Back