• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City ***

Your reference to 'dropping' Aurier is interesting...

Trippier is one of 2 quality right backs, both of whom will be used in almost equal measure over the course of the season.

The fact our system requires both fullbacks to attack and defend over the course of 90 mins will mean that these players will cover more ground than anyone else and therefore having them rotating and being changed in and out will be a major part of us being able to compete on a few fronts.

I agree, also Wembley is a massive energy sapping pitch, it would be crazy to knacker players out week in week out

I saw these and had to do this double today !!

DJ1UqWVWsAEwb5D.jpg

After the erection inducing win over Borussia in CL, we need to go on a winning run to move up the league table. We have an excellent record against Swansea, winning 11 and drawing 1 of our last 12 league matches against them. Hope we will extend our good record against Swansea by beating them. Afterall, we badly need to get our first league win at Wembley.

Kane and Eriksen scored 2 goals each when we beat Swansea 5-0 at WHL last season. Won't mind if we can get a similiar win this time with Kane scoring again. Kane has been in excellent form, scoring 4 goals in our last 2 matches. Hope he can go on a long goal scoring run. Apart from Kane, we also need others like Alli, Son and Eriksen to score as well.

Still not sure which is our best midfield. With Wanyama and Lamela still out injured and Dembele injury-prone, we always seem to change our midfield. Sissoko did well against Everton but was dropped against Borussia. Thought Dembele was poor against Borussia. Still not fully convinced of Dier as he tends to make too many errors. Regardless of that, hope our midfield will play to their best in this match.

Our defence have yet to keep a clean sheet at Wembley. Will be very disappointed if we don't stop Swansea from scoring in this match. Hope Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Sanchez will gel together in defence as the season progresses. But we need to avoid sending those back passes to Lloris who tends to make a mess of it at times.

No doubt Swansea will be fired up to improve their record against us, especially playing at Wembley. We need to treat them with due respect and play to our best ability. Hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to win this match.

I think that Dele will come in for Son. The interesting choices will be who starts at RB and whether Dembele sits this one out or Tuesday.
It might not be an option to start Dembele in this one. I wouldn't mind him sitting out on Tuesday as well even if he doesn't start today.

Son, Alli and Eriksen all starting today for me.

Still awaiting a Wembley league win, and with a chance to build some momentum, yet people think we should/are going to rest the big guns? I cant have it and I don't think It will happen. We've only played 5 games. The big guns can have a rest next midweek. I'd be treating this like a cup final.
I think most people are talking about rotating to get the best possible team out there today. We have played "only 5 games". But a lot of our players were involved in internationals, travelling, then Everton then a very tough game against Dortmund. Pochettino will have a good idea who is ready, if he rests someone it's probably a good decision.

Hoping to see Winks. At least with a lot of time from the bench, preferably from the start. I think we need him getting back to form. This could be a good game for him.

Lloris
Alderweireld Sanchez Vertonghen
Aurier Winks Dier Davies
Alli Eriksen
Kane
For me presuming all are match fit - then heavily rotate for the League Cup

Think someone may have slipped LSD into my lunchtime cuppa - either that or Phil Thompson and Merson really were waxing lyrical about us on SKY Sports. Merson even tipped us for the title!

Think someone may have slipped LSD into my lunchtime cuppa - either that or Phil Thompson and Merson really were waxing lyrical about us on SKY Sports. Merson even tipped us for the title!

Who knows what they're serving over in the Sky dungeons.

It might not be an option to start Dembele in this one. I wouldn't mind him sitting out on Tuesday as well even if he doesn't start today.

Son, Alli and Eriksen all starting today for me.

I think most people are talking about rotating to get the best possible team out there today. We have played "only 5 games". But a lot of our players were involved in internationals, travelling, then Everton then a very tough game against Dortmund. Pochettino will have a good idea who is ready, if he rests someone it's probably a good decision.

My point was we shouldn't be rotating for rotations sake, not yet. If someone is unfit/too knackered from the games u mention above then that's different.

Any team news yet?

We badly need to get our first league win at Wembley. Hope we will put up a good performance and get a comfortable win.

Putting the pressure on early. No sane person would commit this early. Er, oh.

is there any evidence about the dead pitch of wembley? haven't heard any of our players or poch complain about it.

There was talk last season of the grass being longer at Wembley than WHL but you would hope that our ground staff have a bit more say on things like that this season.

Back