• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City ***

I think that Dele will come in for Son. The interesting choices will be who starts at RB and whether Dembele sits this one out or Tuesday.

I agree it's a dilemma. I would rest Dembele and bring in Alli to play a more central role. With 3 CBs, and Swansea likely to be playing defensively, we only need just Dier as a holding CM for this game.

Personally, I would play Trips for this game (assuming he is now 100% fit) and Aurier against Barnsley. But it's a difficult choice.

I'd go with Trippier tomorrow and Aurier in mid-week, simply because Trippier is more used to the PL and, if you keep rotating like that for the next couple months, then Aurier plays in the CL which is probably more familiar to him than PL-style football.

re Dembele, I don't see much reason to play him - Winks is a perfectly decent stand-in and given we're not over-laden with attacking CMs, I wouldn't take unneceesary risks on Dembele getting an injury.

More interesting will be what team he puts out against Barnsley on Tues and in particular whether Oakley-Booth, Edwards and other young players come (KWP and Foyth presumably will)

I'd go with Trippier tomorrow and Aurier in mid-week, simply because Trippier is more used to the PL and, if you keep rotating like that for the next couple months, then Aurier plays in the CL which is probably more familiar to him than PL-style football.

re Dembele, I don't see much reason to play him - Winks is a perfectly decent stand-in and given we're not over-laden with attacking CMs, I wouldn't take unneceesary risks on Dembele getting an injury.

More interesting will be what team he puts out against Barnsley on Tues and in particular whether Oakley-Booth, Edwards and other young players come (KWP and Foyth presumably will)

But wouldn't you think mid-week is where you rest Kane? Trippier & Llorente would seem a good combo for Tuesday.

Tuesday to me should play Llorente, Winks, Son, Edwards, Vorm, maybe KWP at LB

But wouldn't you think mid-week is where you rest Kane? Trippier & Llorente would seem a good combo for Tuesday.

Tuesday to me should play Llorente, Winks, Son, Edwards, Vorm, maybe KWP at LB

I wouldn't take any risks on Dembele - perhaps he takes Tues off and we play TAB or Sissoko in CM? Agree with your comments on Trippier/Llorente, but given the way Walker/Trippier rotated in an almost pre-set way for a few weeks in the second half of last season, I think Poch will do the same now. Think Tues will be something like Vorm, Aurier, Foyth, Sanchez, Vertonghen, [GKN/Davies], Dier, Sissoko, Son, Edwards, Llorente

West Ham next weekend, with Champions League the following week. It'll be interesting to see how Poch rotates the team through these fixtures and how much of a shadow side we put out on Tuesday.

Lloris
Alderweireld, Sanchez, Vertonghen
Aurier, Dier, Dembele, Walker-Peters
Dele, Eriksen
Kane

Vorm, Foyth, Trippier, Davies, Winks, Son, Llorente

Spurs - 7
Swansea Town - 0

Lloris

Sanchez​
Alderweireld Vertonghen​
Tripper............Dier.............Davis
..........Sissoko.........Dele...........
.........................Son..................

Kane
Subs : Vorm, Foyth, Aurier, Eriksen, Winks, Dembele, Llorente

4-0

Last edited:
No way would I drop Aurier. Why would you? He is our new first choice right back. Trippier has let us down twice in the last two home league games, I wouldn't let him make it three from three. Aurier is clearly a better player, even from the little that we have seen from him for us. Sanchez has started back to back games, so let's keep that going for him, and for Aurier.

Let's treat each game with top level respect. Not just give players a game for the sake of change.

No way would I drop Aurier. Why would you? He is our new first choice right back. Trippier has let us down twice in the last two home league games, I wouldn't let him make it three from three. Aurier is clearly a better player, even from the little that we have seen from him for us. Sanchez has started back to back games, so let's keep that going for him, and for Aurier.

Let's treat each game with top level respect. Not just give players a game for the sake of change.

I think that there is a very good case for giving the back five that started on Wednesday another run out together to get used to each other. We can then change things around on Tuesday and give fringe players a run out.

Go all out to win this game, and keep the good vibes flowing. Then rotate against Barnsley.

--------Lloris--------
---TBA--Davinson--JV
Aurier----------------Davies
-----Dier----Eriksen---
Alli---Kane----Sonny

Barnsley XI

--------------Vorm----------
-Trips----Foyth--Sanchez--KWP
-------Winks----Dembele-----
Edwards--Sissoko---Son
-----------Llorente-----------

Barnsley XI is probably wishful thinking/playing with fire, but I'd love to see him use the whole squad over the next two matches. Feeling confident about both. COYS.

Your reference to 'dropping' Aurier is interesting...

Trippier is one of 2 quality right backs, both of whom will be used in almost equal measure over the course of the season.

The fact our system requires both fullbacks to attack and defend over the course of 90 mins will mean that these players will cover more ground than anyone else and therefore having them rotating and being changed in and out will be a major part of us being able to compete on a few fronts.

As we evolve and hopefully become a staple of the champions league over the next few years, squad rotation will be a necessity not an evil, so the sooner we all get used to this, the better.

Pochettino on whether Harry Kane is world class without titles: "I think it’s two different things. If you see different players, big players, it’s depends on the team and the possibility to play in different leagues and countries.
Great point there by poch. you don't need titles to be world class, and conversely, there are title winners that are not world class.

Back