• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City, Sunday 19th January 13:30

Swansea did us a favour by hitting the crossbar and providing the own goal, plus that injury to shelvey provided some respite. It was a good enough performance for the win, with ade, eriksen and loris on top form, but let's be honest there's still a lot of work to do, a number of questions to be answered. But for now, I'm getting myself an extra pint to celebrate the win.

Blimey, some are just never going to be happy until we have about 95% possession, create 30 chances and limit the opposition to no chances at all. I think some people on here just like whinging for the sake of it. It's not like ten years ago, even the poor teams in this league aren't easy to beat and will have a period of dominance. Just ask Emirates Marketing Project when they played Swansea couple of weeks ago, wasn't easy at all....

Not sure we've done it against big teams yet. But TS is doing a good job proving those prejudiced against him wrong thus far. He has a lot to learn, and the team is still on day one really. We have to improve our passing, and start games better. Against better sides we would pay the price for a slow start.

I think winning at Old Trafford was impressive. But not just that we did it, but how. Before that game, it was a bit like 'ok, obviously giving players more freedom will see us well against smaller teams at home, but this is different', and yet, we changed from purely gung ho to more of a counter attacking side in that match. And today, he's proved that he's not just a 4-4-2 guy either.

I think most teams will practice a strategy through the week, but what is impressive is our execution. We change it up when we need to and seem to get at the oppositions' weaknesses in a really good way. Bodes well for sure.

Another Match Thread, another win.

\o/

Well done to you too! I vote you do Liverscum away, Larsnl at home and Chelski away. Win all those a and that would be some hat trick. I might even consider buying you a drink!

A very good performance from us I thought. Swansea showed that they're no pushovers in the opening 15 minutes or thereabouts, but we limited them mainly to long range efforts and took over as the game progressed. Vital to get the first goal of course, but we had a lot of almost situations where Swansea had to do last ditch defending before that too.

Tactically we were close to perfect I thought, this was the way to play Swansea and we executed it very well.

Great game to watch and a great win!

Great, great game. We seemed to slow down for a bit after the third, and got punished, but it's a minor thing, really. Should've had a penalty against us with Dawson pushing Bony too, but you need a bit of luck. Tactical Tim, indeed! As if there's really been any doubt that he possesses tactical skills. I just love how our football has become so positive all of a sudden after only a month. Players going on runs, taking initiatives, moving well with the ball, probing space, quickly counter attacking, playing "risky" passes in attack. Eriksen was king today. And another fantastic display by Bentaleb, I thought. Those guys are growing every game now. Wonderful to see how they both position their bodies before receiving a pass, shifting the weight to better be able to perform the next move. Very impressed.

And Ade, wow, keep it going! Such a presence. Alert and alive. Long may it continue.

Agree with Daisuk and Braineclipse we were good today and that's been well covered so I thought I'd pick out a couple of small downsides as I saw them.

Very early on, Vlad got done with a ball down the side of him again.

Daws still tries to win it ahead of the attacker on or over the half way line and gets turned as a result, and was at fault for the 'pen'.

Lacked a little bit of quality at times with the final ball and on a couple of occasions we made the wrong decision; Rose shot too early when he was through and Dembele shot when he should have passed.

But, all those things diminish greatly against the overall quality of the performance and we 10 days for Tim to work with the team to try and iron out the smaller things and hopefully get Sandro, Verts and Townsend back to full fitness.

Well done all, very solid result, professional job, could have scored more but did great to take advantage of slip ups by our top 4 rivals.

Last edited:
Just back from the Liberty, f#ck me it takes some getting out of that car park,but at the end of the day, do I care, do I #@!k
Thanks Spurs for another top day out/weekend

Those first 15mins were a bit edgy, but as has been rightly stated, they were long range efforts, albeit a few too many for my liking at the time. Yes, we scored with our first attempt on goal, so what, how many times does it happen to us.
Absolutely made up when Shelvey had to go off, totally confident we would win from that moment on, which is unusual for me.
Well done to Tim for having a plan B for this game.
Well done also to the travelling Yid Army, looked like we filled that away end.
Great support, great result, and great seats too!

Liberty Stadium Jan 14.jpg

What an amazing win considering Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Rose, Bentaleb, Lennon & Chadli were all terrible according the experts on this site. I have to wonder if some people have ever seen a game in their life, I'm sure most of them have never played at any level apart from FIFA 2012 or Football Manager.

I used to think the Liverpool fans were pathetic but some of the guys on here are in a class of their own

GHod, some of the comments on this forum are painful. You'd think we had just lost 5 or 6-0 again. Why not celebrate the fact we won? Muppets!

Really happy with today's game, were too deep for my liking in the opening half hour and were perhaps fortunate not to concede but it ended up frustrating Swansea and once we took the lead I always felt confident we would go on to get more on the break. Swansea's players are soft as ****.

Ade was class, so much better than Soldado when he's on his game it's unreal. Was happy to see us drop the 4-4-2, looked much better for it today. Eriksen very good again. Those two have a nice partnership developing and are our two most important players at the mo. Crucial they stay fit.

Midfield were a bit shoddy in parts but largely because we seemed to bypass them a lot, especially first half - I barely remember hearing Dembele or Bentaleb's names mentioned!

Wish I was in that number, unfortunately couldn't make the game but I'm delighted with the win.

I think the main threat to us will be from Bony.

We have to set-up the side the keep him from getting into one-on-ones with our CBs; either on the floor (vs Dawson) or in the air (vs Chiriches).

Therefore whoever is in the middle has to help out the defence in that regard. If we do that you'd expect us to be ok.

I personally would drop Soldado for this one, perhaps sending him a message which will hopefully motivate him for the City game in 10 days.

My team:

Lloris

Walker (Naughton if not 100% fit), Daws, Vlad, Rose

Capoue
Bentaleb Dembele

Lennon Eriksen

Ade

That should have enough control AND creativity for me. But I suspect we'll see the same 4-4-2 formation, which could be risky, though nit as risky as against Arsenal at the Emirates (sigh).

Anyway, with Liverpool dropping points, our next game vs City and Everton playing on Monday we absolutely have to capitalise and win this.

I'm going for 3-1 to us: Ade with two, plus Eriksen. Bony for them.

COYS

Nearly...

640px-Cool_dude.jpg

Great result. Well played Tim and all the lads. =D>

Onto Emirates Marketing Project. Good ten das rest well-earned.

I bet Liverpool wished we'd drawn eh;)

GHod, some of the comments on this forum are painful. You'd think we had just lost 5 or 6-0 again...were too deep for my liking ....were perhaps fortunate not to concede ...Midfield were a bit shoddy ....I barely remember hearing Dembele or Bentaleb's names mentioned

:D
I know it's not fair to pick out bits of posts, but it made me chuckle.

Except that's not criticisms mate, just observations. I was saying the midfield weren't involved much on the ball due to how little we had it at times and seemed to bypass it with our quick counters.

Back