• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City, Sunday 19th January 13:30

Anyone here still doubting Timmy's managerial abilities after another league win?

Swansea did us a favour by hitting the crossbar and providing the own goal, plus that injury to shelvey provided some respite. It was a good enough performance for the win, with ade, eriksen and loris on top form, but let's be honest there's still a lot of work to do, a number of questions to be answered. But for now, I'm getting myself an extra pint to celebrate the win.

Really impressed how me maintained our cool after conceding and kept possesion.

Intelligence shown by the players.

That was a massive result for us.....10 days to work on a plan for city and get some more players back fit.

Things are looking up.

Swansea did us a favour by hitting the crossbar and providing the own goal, plus that injury to shelvey provided some respite. It was a good enough performance for the win, with ade, eriksen and loris on top form, but let's be honest there's still a lot of work to do, a number of questions to be answered. But for now, I'm getting myself an extra pint to celebrate the win.

good end to the post mate

I think young English managers can poo poo fancy pants foreign ones. So there !

Bit like v palace, could have fallen behind, but we hit them and Tim did something at HT coz the intesnity was on. And yet, and yet - possession was 57-43 to the Swans ! It's not how long you have the ball, but what you do with it.

Magnificent result. We were on the ropes for the first twenty-five minutes before finally matching our high tempo with controlled possession, and the goal really settled us down. Credit to Tim for setting us up in a 4-3-3 and having us compress the game into the middle third of the pitch in the first 60-odd minutes, which forced Swansea into a lot of unnecessary turnovers of possession which invited quick counters. Also, well done for recognizing the hole between midfield and defence, and fixing it by making Bentaleb drop deeper in the second half. But most importantly, well done for making us switch to a deep defensive line once we went two-nil up, which opened up lots of space for counter-attacks as a tiring Swansea had to contend with both a rampant Ade and Walker being pushed up in place of Lennon.

All in all, great tactical set-up, good performance, fine away win, and we keep marching onwards and upwards. Level with Liverpool: who would'a thunk it? :D

An excellent away win for me. Surprised to see some people not too happy about it. We didn't start that well, I agree with that, but after the first 20-25 minutes or so, we were very good. Swansea might have had more possession, but they beat every team for possession. I thought we were solid, hardly allowed them to get any chances and we managed to win the ball in the right areas again and again. If we had been a bit more accurate and taken the right options on the break, we would have scored more goals. I don't think we can ask for a lot more from an away match like this one.

I also think Sherwood proved today that he's got more up his sleeve than just to pick a team in a 4-4-2 and tell them to express themselves. His tactics were spot on today and we managed to negate Swansea's strengths in an excellent way with our pressing game.

I thought all our players did a good job today too. Chiriches was excellent at the back, Rose put in one of his better performances, Adebayor was terrific, and Eriksen showed his class in the first half particularly.

Better second half, crisper in our passing game, playing some nice stuff in places, but we had to let one in, didn't we. I wouldn't berate Dembele too much for not making that pass to Adebayor; I think he saw that he had strayed just ahead of him and didn't want to risk the linesman's flag.

Well people questionned whether or not TS would/could change it up to get a result against a possession dominating team like Swansea and he did. If we wish to balance the argument re: Swansea creating chances, so did we and Dembele should've made it 3-0 minutes before Ade did. No team is going to completely dominate Swansea and stop them from making chances, but we did it quite well, forcing them backwards at times and breaking down their passing moves before they even entered our half. Even before Bony hit the bar we may have had a goal or two if players had picked their passes better.

Great result, question now is do I want UTD or Chelsea to win?? UTD win and we then sit just three points off third place but with UTD still keeping pace. Chelsea win and it knocks UTD further behind us.

Magnificent result. We were on the ropes for the first twenty-five minutes before finally matching our high tempo with controlled possession, and the goal really settled us down. Credit to Tim for setting us up in a 4-3-3 and having us compress the game into the middle third of the pitch in the first 60-odd minutes, which forced Swansea into a lot of unnecessary turnovers of possession which invited quick counters. Also, well done for recognizing the hole between midfield and defence, and fixing it by making Bentaleb drop deeper in the second half. But most importantly, well done for making us switch to a deep defensive line once we went two-nil up, which opened up lots of space for counter-attacks as a tiring Swansea had to contend with both a rampant Ade and Walker being pushed up in place of Lennon.

All in all, great tactical set-up, good performance, fine away win, and we keep marching onwards and upwards. Level with Liverpool: who would'a thunk it? :D

Agreed with all of that, my thoughts exactly.

Can't fault Tim's management whatsoever so far. We've done well against big teams, smaller teams, tough away games, we've set up in different ways to counter the oppositions style, we've adjusted our shape and approach game to game and adjusted our tempo within a match in order to professionally do a job.

Really impressed.

Great result, question now is do I want UTD or Chelsea to win?? UTD win and we then sit just three points off third place but with UTD still keeping pace. Chelsea win and it knocks UTD further behind us.

Never look back. United win for me then we go chasing Chelsea.

Can't fault Tim's management whatsoever so far. We've done well against big teams, smaller teams, tough away games, we've set up in different ways to counter the oppositions style, we've adjusted our shape and approach game to game and adjusted our tempo within a match in order to professionally do a job.

Really impressed.

Not sure we've done it against big teams yet. But TS is doing a good job proving those prejudiced against him wrong thus far. He has a lot to learn, and the team is still on day one really. We have to improve our passing, and start games better. Against better sides we would pay the price for a slow start.

Really impressed.

Agreed. I am also impressed with you. While I know you we're one of AVB's biggest cheerleaders, you have been open minded about TS and, unlike others, have been prepared to give him a chance. Well done you too.

Back