• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v sunlun***

This was 2 valuable points lost. But atleast most of our rivals dropped points too. This match shows yet again our lack of squad depth. When our first 11 is not performing, we really don't have anyone who could come and win the match for us. Remember, we also struggled at Sunderland last season but Lamela then created the chance for Mason to score the late winner. With Lamela out injured, Mason and Chadli sold, we are badly lacking someone who could make the difference for us when we badly need.

For some reason, all our key players didn't have a good match. Maybe they were still in holiday mood after going to Barcelona for supposed training ! It was really frustrating to see our attacking players unable to make the difference for us. Kane, Alli and Son didn't look like scoring the whole match. In fact, only Wanyama was looking like scoring a goal for us ! Too bad Janssen still unable to get his first goal from open play for us, even if he didn't have much time to play.

Our midfield should have made the difference but failed to do so. Wanyama worked hard but players like Dembele ad Eriksen didn't have much impact. For all his dribbling skills, wish Dembele can create and score goals for us. It was also annoying to see Eriksen wasting yet another chance to score from a freekick ! It was clear we badly missed Lamela. He could have made the difference for us with his creativity.

Satisfied with the defence for keeping the clean sheet despite missing Lloris and Vertonghen. But Sunderland didn't really test our defence. Frankly, thought Defoe was a bit reluctant to score against us ! He had a few chances to trouble our defence but for some reason he was too slow to react in all the situations. Maybe he still feels like a Spurs player after all those years with us !

It was really unacceptable to lose points to bottom club Sunderland. We could have moved closer to Chelsea if we had won. Wish Lamela will be back soon to improve our attack. After winning 6 consecutive league matches, we are now winless in 2 matches. We badly need to get back to winning form if we want to stay in title race.

What does concern me a bit is listening to Pochettino saying what are starting to become very familiar things over and again in his post-match whenever we have a bad game like this. It was difficult, we're disappointed, we lacked [aggression], we need to play for ninety minutes, we need to learn, etc., etc. I begin to feel like I've heard the same problem diagnosis enough times now.

What does concern me a bit is listening to Pochettino saying what are starting to become very familiar things over and again in his post-match whenever we have a bad game like this. It was difficult, we're disappointed, we lacked [aggression], we need to play for ninety minutes, we need to learn, etc., etc. I begin to feel like I've heard the same problem diagnosis enough times now.

There's probably 3 or 4 different diagnoses in that example! Rather than just the same one.
But do most managers generally say much different when interviewed after a loss or bad performance?
Not that we have had too many of either this season.
They are fairly stock answers, granted, but from someone who is not overly open with the media anyway.
I'd certainly be concerned if that was the level of problem diagnosis behind the scenes. However we can be pretty sure there will be much more detailed analysis going on, and the view of what went wrong may be quite different after watching replays of the game to the view immediately after the game, so I'm not too worried about what Poch says in post-match interviews. I'd rather blandness or repetitiveness than open criticism of players or our system (not that I am suggesting that is what you are expecting), or over trying to find excuses - the ref, the pitch, the wind...
Personally, I don't feel that I am hearing the same over and over though, so maybe my perception is different.

Back