• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur V Southampton **

Status
Not open for further replies.
And some want the Southampton manager to come to Spurs....the guy still talks through an interpreter in his post match press talks, which is ridiculous. Let's nick their decent players in the summer.

Guy's really very sharp, he speaks decent enough English on the training ground but just refuses to speak it to the press.

As far as nicking their 'decent' players goes, the demand and price tag will be very high.

Very entertaining game, delighted with the win, but real questions to be asked about the way we started the game again.

Strange one as all 5 goals came as a result of terrible defensive errors. We tend to focus on ours, but Lovren giving the ball away, Clyne putting the ball on a plate for Eriksen and the needless headed clearance when two Southampton defenders went for the same ball were all really bad too.

Once again we're forced into playing long balls way too easily for my liking, especially as we're no good at the long ball game.

Very entertaining game, delighted with the win, but real questions to be asked about the way we started the game again.

Strange one as all 5 goals came as a result of terrible defensive errors. We tend to focus on ours, but Lovren giving the ball away, Clyne putting the ball on a plate for Eriksen and the needless headed clearance when two Southampton defenders went for the same ball were all really bad too.

Once again we're forced into playing long balls way too easily for my liking, especially as we're no good at the long ball game.
i dont like it either but from time to time it can be a weapon. Our winner came from a long pump forward. funny ol game

i dont like it either but from time to time it can be a weapon. Our winner came from a long pump forward. funny ol game

Obviously it can be a weapon. But if we want to use it as a weapon we have to get players moving around and beyond the initial duel. Too often the rest of our players stand by and watch as Soldado or Chadli challenge for the long ball and when the ball drops we're not there to pick it up. The same is true when Ade plays, the other players are essentially asking him to bring it down, control it, keep the defenders away and then find a useful pass instead of making runs that Ade can find with one touch.

Credit to Sig, he did well in that regard for the goal even though it only really came after a massive defensive error. Sig also did well against Benfica in terms of getting himself into good areas. Same goes for Paulinho. Dembele, Sandro, Bentaleb, Townsend, Lennon etc have some way to go...

Nice to see us coming back from 2 goals down to win. But it was not nice to go 2 goals behind at home in the first place, especially to a mid table club like Southampton. It seems our defending is getting worse all the time. We can't expect to stay in the top 4 or even top 5 race with this kind of shyte defending. Fortunately for us, Southampton didn't score more goals and we scored at the right time to get us this win.

Surely, Eriksen was the man-of-the-match for us. He scored 2 goals and set up the winning goal for Sigurdsson. In fact, he could have scored 2 more goals which was saved. As I said earlier, he is the only player I look forward to watching and he has proven me right. He now has 8 goals and 6 assists in all competitions for us which is a great record in his first season for us. Amazing thing is, only Soldado has more goals and assist total(16) than Eriksen(14) so far this season. IIRC, only VDV and Bale has scored more goals from midfield for us than Eriksen in the last 10 years or so. Hope Eriksen will keep on improving. I have no doubt he will be a key player for us if we can keep him long term.

Credit to Sigurdsson for scoring the winning goal with his long range shot in injury time. I think Sigurdsson badly needed that goal as he has been in poor form for a long time now. Credit also to Soldado for having a good game and setting up the second goal for Eriksen. But wish Soldado had scored as strikers are judged on goals they score.

Disappointed about the performance of our midfield and defence. It is amazing how our defending has become error-prone all the time. Now it was the turn of Naughton to gift 2 goals to Southampton with shyte defending. But Naughton did well to create the first goal for Eriksen with a good cross. We better improve our defending before we play Liverpool.

It was nice to get back to winning ways after so long. Hope that win will boost our confidence when we play Liverpool next week.

...ballsy move by TS to bring on AM Siggy for DM Dembi - worked out in the end...
COYS

Ballsy or obvious. 2 - 1 down, playing poorly, take off a limited DM who was having a mare and put on a skillful attacking midfielder with an eye for goal. I hope Siggy keeps his place, he brings so much more to the team than Dembele

I do love how the pundits etc talk up how Spurs were lucky with their goals due to fouls yet don't mention that Southampton only scored due to horrific errors. If it wasn't for Naughton's mistakes we would've had a clean sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back