• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur V Southampton **

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's only so much coaching you can do when a players ability had bottomed out and isn't going to improve. Lennon is a classic case of this too.

Injuries haven't helped but I think the fullback problem will only improve when we can bring in replacements. I'm not a huge fan of Walker either. The legs are willing but the brain holds him back.

There's only so much coaching you can do when a players ability had bottomed out and isn't going to improve. Lennon is a classic case of this too.

Injuries haven't helped but I think the fullback problem will only improve when we can bring in replacements. I'm not a huge fan of Walker either. The legs are willing but the brain holds him back.

Just don't agree. I really really hope we get a top level coach in the summer and a lot of you will eat your words.

This club will be the death of me.

First half we were utterly hopeless, every bit as bad as we've been all season, got outplayed by a vastly superior outfit but luckily got a goal (looked a foul in the build up to me) and it just triggered something in the Southampton players heads, I can't say I'm surprised they have dropped so many points from winning positions cos they went to **** after half time.

First 15/20 mins of second half we were very good but then the game just ebbed away, looked like both sides would settle for a point until Sigurdsson popped up with his goal.

Eriksen was impressive in the second half, Soldado had a decent game overall (although still too lazy at times), rest of the side had awful first halves, better seconds, except for Dembele who was horrific.

Can Timmy do away with the high line however? I cannot believe we stick with it week on week. We're quite fortunate Rodriguez had to go off injured cos he was getting lots of joy from it.

Southampton impressed me for about an hour overall, Lovren and Clyne were **** mind you. Their fans must hate us, in all four games since they've been back up we've narrowly beaten them either with last minute wonder goals, own goals and comebacks. :D

COYS

This club will be the death of me.

First half we were utterly hopeless, every bit as bad as we've been all season, got outplayed by a vastly superior outfit but luckily got a goal (looked a foul in the build up to me) and it just triggered something in the Southampton players heads, I can't say I'm surprised they have dropped so many points from winning positions cos they went to **** after half time.

First 15/20 mins of second half we were very good but then the game just ebbed away, looked like both sides would settle for a point until Sigurdsson popped up with his goal.

Eriksen was impressive in the second half, Soldado had a decent game overall (although still too lazy at times), rest of the side had awful first halves, better seconds, except for Dembele who was horrific.

Can Timmy do away with the high line however? I cannot believe we stick with it week on week. We're quite fortunate Rodriguez had to go off injured cos he was getting lots of joy from it.

Southampton impressed me for about an hour overall, Lovren and Clyne were **** mind you. Their fans must hate us, in all four games since they've been back up we've narrowly beaten them either with last minute wonder goals, own goals and comebacks. :D

COYS

Never a foul, Soldado's for the 2nd goal may have been though.

I said in the final 30 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdawson View Post

Some good tackles and solid defensively.

I think everyone is aware he's not good enough to start but as cover? i'll happily keep him. Naughton on the other hand is not good enough to cover.

Where?

Tragic response from Paulinho on the beach when the winner went in…whole bunch is leaping up, he looks like he's thinking of Brasil…maybe he was? I actually laughed.

well kinda called this but I said 3-1 not 3-2.

really pleased with the win and after a few poor weeks all we can do is cradle this result in our arms and squeeze it to death.

some observations:

- Chadli looked quite decent at times popped up with some nice touches...good stuff and if Lennon wasnt brain dead he may have had an assist.
- Lennon really was anonymous AGAIN, I dont think he should start vs pool...id rather Townsend.
- Suicidal high line again which if imitated at Anfield will only end in horror for us.
- still not enough movement/people showing for a pass...2 goals were from defensive mistakes not us carving teams open
- Naughton with two horrible errors...just not up to it unfortunately.
- Eriksen needs the free role/he scores goals...we must base our future plans around him.
- really amazing link up play from solly at times...does need to work harder making himself available to pass.
- still to many times when we give it back to Lloris and recycle possesion.

Week to plan vs pool...if we defend in similar fashion the game will be over in 15 minutes...

TIM PLAY A DEEP DEFENSIVE LINE VS LIVERPOOL TRY NOT TO PLAY NAUGHTON OR LENNON........thanks.

either way pleased with a win even if the peformance was full of flaws...a win is a win......VIVA LA SPURS!

I think its pretty clear now that our squad or even our starting eleven is a mixture of players too far apart on the quality scale to compliment each other. We have some decent players, wouldn't say any world class (yet), many average players who can do a job, but some that shouldn't be anywhere near a team with top 4 aspirations starting eleven. I include Rose, Naughton, Dawson, Lennon, Townsend coincidental that their all English. I don't think i have seen enough of the likes of Capoue and Chiriches to make a call yet. But those 5 seriously need upgrading.

And some want the Southampton manager to come to Spurs....the guy still talks through an interpreter in his post match press talks, which is ridiculous. Let's nick their decent players in the summer.

Tragic response from Paulinho on the beach when the winner went in…whole bunch is leaping up, he looks like he's thinking of Brasil…maybe he was? I actually laughed.

I thought that at first mate, but then watched again and he was at least clapping. First time I saw it I thought he was sitting there completely motionless....

And some want the Southampton manager to come to Spurs....the guy still talks through an interpreter in his post match press talks, which is ridiculous. Let's nick their decent players in the summer.

He has no problems getting through to the players in training, but he'd rather not talk to the English media (something I fully agree with him on). I don't think he does any pre-match pressers. Using an interpreter is a useful tool to disarm their questions somewhat and avoid accidentally saying the wrong thing.

He has no problems getting through to the players in training, but he'd rather not talk to the English media (something I fully agree with him on). I don't think he does any pre-match pressers. Using an interpreter is a useful tool to disarm their questions somewhat and avoid accidentally saying the wrong thing.

Maybe Timmeh should get an interpreter to hold his gilet.....

I thought that at first mate, but then watched again and he was at least clapping. First time I saw it I thought he was sitting there completely motionless....

Good stuff, thanks for pointing that out mate because I was laughing. I know he's not a happy camper, but that would've been silly!

Maybe Timmeh should get an interpreter to hold his gilet.....

I think he's been told to cut a few things out…the gilet was under-wraps for half the game, as was he to be fair. I wonder if he's been given 'the sit down'…in terms of potential sponsors, etc, I could certainly see him getting lectured on his behaviour costing us. I will say that I was surprised and delighted to see him sling Mousa at HT. He simply slows us way way down, and is rendering himself unnecessary...

Just back from the Lane. I have to admit I'm getting to like these Sunday 1.30pm kick-offs.

What a bizarre game, thought we were going to be on the end of a 4-0 or 5-0 when they went 2-0 up, but getting one back so quick was priceless.
Good 2nd half performance, if we play like that from the start in the last 6 matches (forget next Sunday!!!) we might just finish with 5 wins and a draw.

Think I might enjoy reading back through this thread, I bet it was fun around 2pm...

The referee was awful, let so many niggly tackles go from their players and picking us up on nearly every time we did it, at one stage I thought he had come on their team bus.

Oh, and shame on the 500 or so who left with 5/10 minutes to go, you missed a treat

Just back from the Lane. I have to admit I'm getting to like these Sunday 1.30pm kick-offs.

What a bizarre game, thought we were going to be on the end of a 4-0 or 5-0 when they went 2-0 up, but getting one back so quick was priceless.
Good 2nd half performance, if we play like that from the start in the last 6 matches (forget next Sunday!!!) we might just finish with 5 wins and a draw.

Think I might enjoy reading back through this thread, I bet it was fun around 2pm...

The referee was awful, let so many niggly tackles go from their players and picking us up on nearly every time we did it, at one stage I thought he had come on their team bus.

Oh, and shame on the 500 or so who left with 5/10 minutes to go, you missed a treat

Serves them right.

well kinda called this but I said 3-1 not 3-2.

really pleased with the win and after a few poor weeks all we can do is cradle this result in our arms and squeeze it to death.

some observations:

- Chadli looked quite decent at times popped up with some nice touches...good stuff and if Lennon wasnt brain dead he may have had an assist.
- Lennon really was anonymous AGAIN, I dont think he should start vs pool...id rather Townsend.
- Suicidal high line again which if imitated at Anfield will only end in horror for us.
- still not enough movement/people showing for a pass...2 goals were from defensive mistakes not us carving teams open
- Naughton with two horrible errors...just not up to it unfortunately.
- Eriksen needs the free role/he scores goals...we must base our future plans around him.
- really amazing link up play from solly at times...does need to work harder making himself available to pass.
- still to many times when we give it back to Lloris and recycle possesion.

Week to plan vs pool...if we defend in similar fashion the game will be over in 15 minutes...

TIM PLAY A DEEP DEFENSIVE LINE VS LIVERPOOL TRY NOT TO PLAY NAUGHTON OR LENNON........thanks.

either way pleased with a win even if the peformance was full of flaws...a win is a win......VIVA LA SPURS!

Nail. On head. As usual Nigeyman.=D>

Lets all just enjoy the feel good factor this win brings.

I think its pretty clear now that our squad or even our starting eleven is a mixture of players too far apart on the quality scale to compliment each other. We have some decent players, wouldn't say any world class (yet), many average players who can do a job, but some that shouldn't be anywhere near a team with top 4 aspirations starting eleven. I include Rose, Naughton, Dawson, Lennon, Townsend coincidental that their all English. I don't think i have seen enough of the likes of Capoue and Chiriches to make a call yet. But those 5 seriously need upgrading.

This is a good point.

Looking at the teams you could argue that Rose and Naughton wouldn't have got in that Southampton line-up (nor Townsend), neither Lennon or Chadli are as good as Lallana and Dembele wasn't match fit.

That's nearly half a team that was weaker than our opponents. IMO our problem is that we simply have too many weak spots, sorting out full back and getting a **** hot winger will help to resolve this and should improve us massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back