• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur V Southampton **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good tackles and solid defensively.

I think everyone is aware he's not good enough to start but as cover? i'll happily keep him. Naughton on the other hand is not good enough to cover.

Hmm personally I think he was just more bearable than the previous 60. He was still not good enough.

Imagine just for one second that we had Luke Shaw instead. The team would be infinitely better already

Do people really honestly feel we played well going forward? It was exciting yes, but we were awful still imo. Maybe I'm just too mad when I watch spurs.

Had a lot at stake with my OMT record on the line. Taking on our dreaded europa league curse

No, I didn't feel we looked good going forward. I thought Boruc had very few saves to make. I think it looked as tactic free as normal, but we got a few scrappy goals plus one cracker from a long free kick.

Not complaining mind, hopefully we can stumble over the line and grab EL football for next season.

Hmm personally I think he was just more bearable than the previous 60. He was still not good enough.

Imagine just for one second that we had Luke Shaw instead. The team would be infinitely better already

Did you see Shaw's crosses today? same as Rose...hit the first man countless times. I think people jusy don't play close attention being that we're too focused on our own players performance.

Some good tackles and solid defensively.

I think everyone is aware he's not good enough to start but as cover? i'll happily keep him. Naughton on the other hand is not good enough to cover.

Have to disagree on that bit, a few rash challenges, knocked off the ball quite easily and positionally pretty poor. Watch him on the 2nd goal, ok Naughton was at fault but through each phase of that attack/attempted clearance he's moving further and further away from his defensive position rather than run back towards where the danger is and that was where ultimately Lallana (sp) found the space to score.

Have to disagree on that bit, a few rash challenges, knocked off the ball quite easily and positionally pretty poor. Watch him on the 2nd goal, ok Naughton was at fault but through each phase of that attack/attempted clearance he's moving further and further away from his defensive position rather than run back towards where the danger is and that was where ultimately Lallana (sp) found the space to score.

I said in the final 30 minutes.

Did you see Shaw's crosses today? same as Rose...hit the first man countless times. I think people jusy don't play close attention being that we're too focused on our own players performance.

noticed that too. shaws delivery was awful. just as bas as rose'

I'll keep an eye on his crossing for the rest of the season. Defensively he was much more sound and his use of the ball other than crossing was far better. Fair point though you scrutinise differently when judging your own

Fairly even half and were it not for those two defensive lapses from Naughton, Spurs would probably have gone-in at half-time a goal to the good.

Such a shame for the lad, as he's been playing very well deputising for Walker recently.

With a bit of luck, Spurs should get all three points today.

Called it!

:)

So Sherwood is tactically inept because our full backs are rubbish. What is he supposed to do? Rub a genie bottle and magic up a couple of new ones?

I'll be very disappointed if we don't look to replace our fb's in the summer though.

So Sherwood is tactically inept because our full backs are rubbish. What is he supposed to do? Rub a genie bottle and magic up a couple of new ones?

I'll be very disappointed if we don't look to replace our fb's in the summer though.

Set us up in a way that doesn't leave them exposed? Maybe even do some work with them individually to improve their play, positioning and understanding? I don't know.

Set us up in a way that doesn't leave them exposed? Maybe even do some work with them individually to improve their play, positioning and understanding? I don't know.

No, actually the question should be WHY do we have them in the first place... what youre suggesting is passing the buck. The accountable person is the one who bought these players in. Is TS accountable for buying them? THAT I dont know.

Also you cant really improve what someone has been doing for a few years in a short space of time... it takes time.

Last edited:
No, actually the question should be WHY do we have them in the first place... what youre suggesting is passing the buck. The accountable person is the one who bought these players in. Is TS accountable for buying them? THAT I dont know.

A player's ability never changes from the day he is bought? They were both bought a good while back, quite cheap as well, because they had potential. That potential has been somewhat realized in both, though they still have their flaws.

Knowing that some of your players have these flaws, it's the manager's job to minimize the risk of it costing us.

A player's ability never changes from the day he is bought? They were both bought a good while back, quite cheap as well, because they had potential. That potential has been somewhat realized in both, though they still have their flaws.

Knowing that some of your players have these flaws, it's the manager's job to minimize the risk of it costing us.

Yes but you cant revolve a whole team around your crap full backs. You dont let go of a competent full back for an incompetent one in Rose - that my friend is nothing to do with TS. Walker is more than competent but is injured.

Some players are beyond improvement i.e. they are stuck in that place where they will never improve. Its like any walk of life. I manage people, I have improved and developed most but there are a few I havent but thats not to do with me, thats to do with who and what im dealing with. Football is the same.

Yes but you cant revolve a whole team around your crap full backs. You dont let go of a competent full back for an incompetent one in Rose - that my friend is nothing to do with TS. Walker is more than competent but is injured.

Some players are beyond improvement i.e. they are stuck in that place where they will never improve. Its like any walk of life. I manage people, I have improved and developed most but there are a few I havent but thats not to do with me, thats to do with who and what im dealing with. Football is the same.

Football is also different. You don't spend 5 days just practicing what you do to be at your best for a 90 minute period each weekend. If you have a task (or several) that needs to be done within a specific time frame, and you know that one of the members of your team can't be counted on to do their share, you make the necessary accommodations to get it done on time. Most people don't get to hire and fire people as they wish, you have to make due with what you have short term, regardless of any plans or hopes for an upgrade in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back