• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton, Sun 5th Oct 2014 ***

This was a much-needed win. But it was not entirely convincing. We played well in patches and could have won by more. But we were also fortunate to win as Southampton wasted a few open chances. Credit to Eriksen for scoring the goal with a well-taken shot. Chadli should have done better with his one-on-one chance instead of hitting the post. Similiarly, Adebayor wasted another good chance in the second half. Fortunately for us, Southampton too wasted their own share of chances.

After getting our first league win in 5 matches, hope we will now go on a winning run, even if we have to play ManCity next.

I actually believe we can get a result at Emirates Marketing Project if we play in a similar style to the match at death star. Although I hope we can have a little more of the ball and "park the bus" a little higher so to speak. If we get pushed back too low, they will score eventually, as they showed in their last match. Nevertheless, we should be able to hit them on the counter. 1-2

I actually believe we can get a result at Emirates Marketing Project if we play in a similar style to the match at death star. Although I hope we can have a little more of the ball and "park the bus" a little higher so to speak. If we get pushed back too low, they will score eventually, as they showed in their last match. Nevertheless, we should be able to hit them on the counter. 1-2

I would say its less about pushing higher and having more of the ball than against Arsenal, it's making the most of our breaks. No matter how deep we were at the goons and how little of the ball we had, they created fairly little and if our final ball had been better particularly in the 1st half, we could have done what Liverpool did to us at the Lane and brutally pick them off 3 or 4-0 on the break.

We had the chances to do it but failed to capitalise. If we are sharper v City and get the same openings, we have a chance. I feel a similar performance against City as against Arsenal, with a similar end product on our counter attacks will be punished more ruthlessly by City and we will lose.

I think perhaps not giving them a goal after 14 seconds would be worth trying this time round.

I would say its less about pushing higher and having more of the ball than against Arsenal, it's making the most of our breaks. No matter how deep we were at the goons and how little of the ball we had, they created fairly little and if our final ball had been better particularly in the 1st half, we could have done what Liverpool did to us at the Lane and brutally pick them off 3 or 4-0 on the break.

We had the chances to do it but failed to capitalise. If we are sharper v City and get the same openings, we have a chance. I feel a similar performance against City as against Arsenal, with a similar end product on our counter attacks will be punished more ruthlessly by City and we will lose.
I totally agree with you.

take it however you want, I want us to play like a small team, and force Emirates Marketing Project to initiate attacks while we lay in wait to spring the counter.

Take a punt against city, drop Ade and put chadli through middle and stick Townsend in for chadli. Speed on the counter through the middle. What we got to lose?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Can I ask those who were at the game or watched it live on TV; when Naughton was injured by Bertrand did ANY of our players have a go at Bertrand?

The little I saw on MOTD, Bertrand did seem apologetic but I still worry that we are a team of fannies overall; put it this way, if Cahill tries to Poleaxe Eriksen or Lamela when we meet Cheatski who ON THE PITCH will make a fuss and say "WTF do you think you're doing"? And/or who will retaliate later in the game with their own "reducer"?

Can I ask those who were at the game or watched it live on TV; when Naughton was injured by Bertrand did ANY of our players have a go at Bertrand?

The little I saw on MOTD, Bertrand did seem apologetic but I still worry that we are a team of fannies overall; put it this way, if Cahill tries to Poleaxe Eriksen or Lamela when we meet Cheatski who ON THE PITCH will make a fuss and say "WTF do you think you're doing"? And/or who will retaliate later in the game with their own "reducer"?

It was so quick, and easily missed. I don't think anyone saw it. Including the ref.

Looked like both went in for a 50/50 ball to me. I didn't think there was anything malicious about it, just an accident.

yeah but players that go into a tackle high and with a stamping down action is what the authorities are trying to " stamp out " :) without success.

accident or not, i think video evidence should be used and post match punitive action is required to reduce injuries and to rid the game of charlie adams once and for all.

They did indeed but to be fair to everyone else, I think that you should hold back on starting another OMT for few months

Fair enough!

My Spurs v Emirates Marketing Project History is ready and I'll post it just as soon as someone starts the OMT.

When was the last time we won 5 straight league games against Southampton?

This must be the first in my life of supporting Spurs; can any statto confirm?

i will never forget this game

[video=youtube;6x4AAf-OCm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x4AAf-OCm0[/video]

we were so good that day..ahh Ramos and his cup run

Back