• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - *** Tottenham Hotspur v some Scouse team ***

a fit liverpool team is a nightmare to defend against, and we are missing key players like wanyama and dembele, and alli and son are yet to hit form.
good thing our summer signings have been excellent and we have a few hot players in attack (kane and eriksen), our 3-CBs look great and sissoko and aurier looks like having one of the best right wing in the epl

The main reason I would play Sissoko again is because Liverpool will likely have Moreno at left-back. Moreno likes to get forward and leaves a lot of space behind him; Sissoko and Aurier working in tandem exploited that very well against Madrid and if we play counter-attack again (really hope we do) then I think that'd be a major strength for us down the right.

Their likely team is:
-------------Mignolet
Gomez--Matip--Movren--Moreno
-------------Henderson
---------Wijnaldam---Can
Salah-------Firmino------Coutinho

Again, I would back Aurier and Sissoko not only to handle them defensively down our right flank, but cause Liverpool problems too.
I would play them even if David Alaba was their left back. It's not so much who their backs are, as it is that we need to play a counterattacking style against Pool and be solid at the back, something that both Sissoko and Surge showed they can execute to perfection.

Apparently this will be there line up;

-------------Mignolet
-------------Henderson
---------Chamberlain---Can

Can't see many of them getting into a combined XI Salah amd Coutinho are the only two IMO.

So if Rose is back and Davies is still sick;

-----------------Lloris----------------
Trippier Toby Sanchez Verts Rose
-------------Dier Winks-------------
----------Alli ----Eriksen-----------
----------------Kane-----------------

moreno.jpg

Basically do what we did against Madrid, and we'll be fine. Try to play an open game, and we're likely to be in for a torrid ninety minutes.

Sit back, absorb pressure, and take the game to them when we've become *comfortable* with their press - not before.

@Notmegov

I didn’t dine out on my emphatic OMT for that team that ‘Arry does stuff with. I called Sissoko having it right off in Madrid. I’ve made my peace with the Gods.

But this... this just gets you, me, the rest of us back to square one.

I HOPE YOU ARE HAPPY

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
I am happy, thank you for asking.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Apparently this will be there line up;

-------------Mignolet
-------------Henderson
---------Chamberlain---Can

Can't see many of them getting into a combined XI Salah amd Coutinho are the only two IMO.

Unfortunately number of players in a combined XI isnt the way games are decided though! They have a decent record against top teams and we have a crap record at Wembley so far, so not really a game that I'm looking forward to. Thankfully Mane is out. To state the obvious, Coutinho is the one who worries me, and not just because he's their best player by far but also as I'm not sure who in our system will pick him up. Personally I think playing 4-3-3 against us is the way I'd play to try to beat us give that either the forwards can occupy our wingbacks and/or get some space.

Would obviously love a win, but a point wouldnt be a disaster

Basically do what we did against Madrid, and we'll be fine. Try to play an open game, and we're likely to be in for a torrid ninety minutes.

Sit back, absorb pressure, and take the game to them when we've become *comfortable* with their press - not before.

Why though
Their all about pace and counter attacking but do the press well and there defence will crumble
The problem in the last two games is we haven’t done that side well enough at all... didn’t exist at tossfield.

Why though
Their all about pace and counter attacking but do the press well and there defence will crumble
The problem in the last two games is we haven’t done that side well enough at all... didn’t exist at tossfield.
You answer your own question. When the press doesn't work well enough we end up exposed.

Liverpool do better, relatively speaking, against teams that play an open game and press then than they do against teams that sit back and counter from there. Something like we did against Dortmund might work very well.

I want to see us vary our pressing against them. Very high or sit back, avoiding the in between stuff as much as possible.

Reading the match thread on RAWK, I have come across a number of nuggets:

- I wouldn't worry about Henderson versus Spurs. He has outplayed their midfield players consistently.

- Of course as a realist you have to understand that a 7-0 away win can't happen every game. But that's OK, I'm absolutely fine with just sticking 6 past Spurs.

- I think we’ll create more than them - key is take chances and stick to Kane like glue. Feel we have more potential goal scorers

- Just been on spurs forum....jeeesus they dont half hate liverpool! No talk of footy just slagging off! Get a grip

- Jesus wept - I never thought I'd find fans more bitter and twisted than the Bluenoses, but them Spurs fans have just taken the trophy right out of their hands.

- You should try being born and bred in NW London, where Spurs c*nts are everywhere.

- They're one of them teams that try to force a rivalry with us, I guess because over the last decade or so they've been in similar league positions?

- They've always had delusions of grandeur and are notoriously fickle. The best one was last year's fake Premier League table doing the rounds from over the previous 2 seasons which had Spurs as champions based on combined points. I kid you not.

- What a gang of fudging bellends they are,no other reason but to be envious of who we are & what we have achieved. Quite amusing really..

- An inferiority complex caused by more successful local rivals who they can't overtake even when said are not as good as in the past.

- No idea why these think they're our rivals. Is it some inferiority thing from the couple of years we had when we'd finish more or less the same position as them and get more media attention? Don't they understand that people gave a brick about Liverpool despite our league position, not because of it?

- They've won as much as us in the past decade, despite us going through a drought, and them a golden age. When they start to win things, they can be taken seriously.

Reading the match thread on RAWK, I have come across a number of nuggets:

- I wouldn't worry about Henderson versus Spurs. He has outplayed their midfield players consistently.

- Of course as a realist you have to understand that a 7-0 away win can't happen every game. But that's OK, I'm absolutely fine with just sticking 6 past Spurs.

- I think we’ll create more than them - key is take chances and stick to Kane like glue. Feel we have more potential goal scorers

- Just been on spurs forum....jeeesus they dont half hate liverpool! No talk of footy just slagging off! Get a grip

- Jesus wept - I never thought I'd find fans more bitter and twisted than the Bluenoses, but them Spurs fans have just taken the trophy right out of their hands.

- You should try being born and bred in NW London, where Spurs c*nts are everywhere.

- They're one of them teams that try to force a rivalry with us, I guess because over the last decade or so they've been in similar league positions?

- They've always had delusions of grandeur and are notoriously fickle. The best one was last year's fake Premier League table doing the rounds from over the previous 2 seasons which had Spurs as champions based on combined points. I kid you not.

- What a gang of fudging bellends they are,no other reason but to be envious of who we are & what we have achieved. Quite amusing really..

- An inferiority complex caused by more successful local rivals who they can't overtake even when said are not as good as in the past.

- No idea why these think they're our rivals. Is it some inferiority thing from the couple of years we had when we'd finish more or less the same position as them and get more media attention? Don't they understand that people gave a brick about Liverpool despite our league position, not because of it?

- They've won as much as us in the past decade, despite us going through a drought, and them a golden age. When they start to win things, they can be taken seriously.

Still living in the past. Someone should point out that having success 30-40 years ago doesn't mean that you're a great team today. Gradually the supporter base that came from those successes 30-40 years ago will die off. It would be interesting to know how the two clubs compared in terms of supporters under the age of say 30-35 given that that group wouldn't have been influenced by their success in the 70s and 80s. My guess is that it would be a lot closer that overall number of supporters

I would play them even if David Alaba was their left back. It's not so much who their backs are, as it is that we need to play a counterattacking style against Pool and be solid at the back, something that both Sissoko and Surge showed they can execute to perfection.

Yeah, I agree -- it's not Moreno's defensive weakness that I'm thinking of (and he's apparently been better this season) but his style of play, especially with Coutinho infront of him, is very effectively countered by Sissoko and Aurier -- we saw how well they did against Marcelo and Isco, a very similar pairing in terms of style of play to Moreno and Coutinho, except that Marcelo is a much better player than Moreno is.

Dier as the defensive midfielder will make us stronger when Firmino drops off, or Coutinho drifts into the middle.

Still living in the past. Someone should point out that having success 30-40 years ago doesn't mean that you're a great team today. Gradually the supporter base that came from those successes 30-40 years ago will die off. It would be interesting to know how the two clubs compared in terms of supporters under the age of say 30-35 given that that group wouldn't have been influenced by their success in the 70s and 80s. My guess is that it would be a lot closer that overall number of supporters

They did win the Champions League in 2005 (? not sure without looking it up). They've won a lot more than us if you just go from the year 2000, nevermind their history; and let's be honest, if we had 18 league titles and 5 european cups in the bank, we'd be reminding other team's supporters of the fact!

Their fans (online at least) do get delusional about how good their players are, and it does feel like a cult of Klopp at the moment. But beyond that, Liverpool are still a bigger and more successful club than we are; it's just that we have a better team than them right now (and we have had that over the past few years bar the Suarez season they had).

The game against them will be one of our toughest of the season, but I am quietly confident because of Poch's recent counter-attack tactics against dangerous teams.

It's difficult to predict a club's fan profile, I agree that a lot of their fans will have started following them in the 70/80's but some will have kids who they've indoctrinated and the media have always focused on them and that will attract people. Fan Base has changed amazingly since the 80's, apart from United I can't think of ever knowing someone who went to football in London supporting a non London club. United picked up a lot of support after the Munich air-crash and most people felt a lot of sympathy for them, I can't imagine that sort of feeling in the modern "fan".

Back