• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United ****

@milo surely Kane deserves to be in the mix for MOTM

Frustrating second half performance by the team against a really poor Premier League outfit. We needed the three points and I don't like putting a dampener on things when we win BUT on the podcast I think I completely did. Far too much sideways, backwards passing and a lack of movement. Better teams (we play Pool and Chelsea soon) will punish us if we don't up our game which to be fair we tend to do against the big teams. Great goals by Ndombele and Kane.

Two normal goal certainties spring to mind - Son who hit the post after about five minutes and Kane's virtual sitter at the end. Both should have resulted in goals. Add that to the three goals we actually scored and the other shots Kane had and the XG of 1.13 is frankly risible.

Son's and Kane's were far from certainties, especially if you don't take into account Kane and Son's finishing ability (which xG rightly doesn't, because it's only trying to measure the quality of the chance itself).

And of our three goals, only one was a good chance - Aurier's header. Kane's was a shot from outside of the area in a crowd, and Ndombele's would probably be scored 1 in 100 times or something!

Decent enough. Thought we played better against Fulham if you factor in the quality of the opposition.

Well deserved win for me though and a positive overall.

Decent enough. Thought we played better against Fulham if you factor in the quality of the opposition.

Well deserved win for me though and a positive overall.
Let’s not forget that Sheffield were on a one game winning streak and hadn’t let in a goal for over 90 minutes. Hats off to Jose for the tactical master class.

Let’s not forget that Sheffield were on a one game winning streak and hadn’t let in a goal for over 90 minutes. Hats off to Jose for the tactical master class.
No one has beat them more than e did though goal wise and United struggled vs them..
Why oh why do we feel that every team we play is weak
This season of all season you can see that even the lesser sides can ply well in games... even Sheffield United who actually beat us quite convincingly 6 months ago

Back