• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield United ****

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Date - Sunday 17th January
Kick Off - 2.00pm
Venue - Bramall Lane

Team News

Jose Mourinho reports ‘no new problems’ ahead of our Premier League clash at Sheffield United on Sunday (2pm).

Erik Lamela returned to action against Fulham on Wednesday evening and Jose revealed in his pre-match press conference ahead of training on Friday that Steven Bergwijn had returned to training on Tuesday, although he didn’t feature in the 1-1 draw against the Cottagers. Giovani Lo Celso, injured against Leicester City on 20 December, remains sidelined.

“Gio will be out for a little while," said Jose. "We have two training sessions before the game, but there are no more problems."

Jose then explained a little more on Steven, who has missed our last two matches against Marine and Fulham. “He was ill the week before, the week of Marine, and then he trained with the team one day last week, the day before we played Fulham. It was not a muscular injury, not that, he was ill.”

My team would be

Hugo Lloris

Serge Aurier
Toby Alderweireld
Eric Dier
Sergi Reguillon

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
Dele Alli
Tanguy N'Dombele

Steven Bergwijn
Harry Kane
Heung-Min Son

Match Prediction

Sheffield United 1 Tottenham Hotspur 4

Last edited:
I'm old enough to remember when Sheffield was our jinxed city but I'm hopeful of a win against struggling United, I'd be happy with a 1-0 but realise anything less than 4 goals and 82% possession will be unacceptable to most.

I'm old enough to remember when Sheffield was our jinxed city but I'm hopeful of a win against struggling United, I'd be happy with a 1-0 but realise anything less than 4 goals and 82% possession will be unacceptable to most.

I can’t ever forget:

Sheffield United 6-0 Tottenham

fudge me. Listened to it as a sick teenager on 5 Live. No way I was recovering to go back to school that week. Would have been slaughtered by my mates.

We’ve got to win tomorrow. This run is going on too long. The worry is that Sheffield United are building a little momentum. Most relegated sides do that at some stage and it usually results in 4-5 decent results in a row.

My team would be

Hugo Lloris

Serge Aurier
Toby Alderweireld
Eric Dier
Sergi Reguillon

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
Dele Alli
Tanguy N'Dombele

Steven Bergwijn
Harry Kane
Heung-Min Son

That would also be my starting eleven, but in a 4-2-3-1 with Dele in the "10" role just behind Kane.

Never going to happen though.

I can’t ever forget:

Sheffield United 6-0 Tottenham

fudge me. Listened to it as a sick teenager on 5 Live. No way I was recovering to go back to school that week. Would have been slaughtered by my mates.

We’ve got to win tomorrow. This run is going on too long. The worry is that Sheffield United are building a little momentum. Most relegated sides do that at some stage and it usually results in 4-5 decent results in a row.

They are crap and toothless and beat an ultra defensive 10 man Saudi Sportswashing Machine team 1-0.
Momentum my backside!
No excuses! ( Unless your Mourhino then it's the players , the officials , var , the scheduling and the weather's fault! )

They are crap and toothless and beat an ultra defensive 10 man Saudi Sportswashing Machine team 1-0.
Momentum my backside!
No excuses! ( Unless your Mourhino then it's the players , the officials , var , the scheduling and the weather's fault! )

They won in the FA Cup last week as well. Which may seem like fudge all but they’re clearly underperforming this year, hadn’t won a game all season and have now won two on the bounce.

They’re now playing an out of form big team. It’s not a stretch that they beat us. They’re going down this season but they will rally at some stage and this may be it. If it is, we need to turn up tomorrow or else we’ll suffer more disappointment.

They won in the FA Cup last week as well. Which may seem like fudge all but they’re clearly underperforming this year, hadn’t won a game all season and have now won two on the bounce.

They’re now playing an out of form big team. It’s not a stretch that they beat us. They’re going down this season but they will rally at some stage and this may be it. If it is, we need to turn up tomorrow or else we’ll suffer more disappointment.
Your right , even relegated teams put a little run together at some point but they are struggling to score goals so hopefully it won't be against us.
We really need three points, especially after Wednesday's debacle.

Your right , even relegated teams put a little run together at some point but they are struggling to score goals so hopefully it won't be against us.
We really need three points, especially after Wednesday's debacle.

We need more than 3 points, we need a good attacking performance and a few goals and to see signs that the manager is learning from his mistakes

Up to mourinho how this one goes.

Pick option A and we dominate the game, create loads of chances and win 0-3.

Pick option B and we dominate early, score early and then park the bus to mediocre success riding our luck more and more as the game goes on, nick a couple of good chances on the counter more through the bricktness of the opposition than our own work and then either (B.1) go 0-2 up and end up winning 1-2 or (B.2) dont take one of those rare chances given to us through the oppositions bricktness and then concede late on and the game ends 1-1.

If B.2 happens or tbh even B.1 them I’m done with it.

Up to mourinho how this one goes.

Pick option A and we dominate the game, create loads of chances and win 0-3.

Pick option B and we dominate early, score early and then park the bus to mediocre success riding our luck more and more as the game goes on, nick a couple of good chances on the counter more through the bricktness of the opposition than our own work and then either (B.1) go 0-2 up and end up winning 1-2 or (B.2) dont take one of those rare chances given to us through the oppositions bricktness and then concede late on and the game ends 1-1.

If B.2 happens or tbh even B.1 them I’m done with it.

I want to see more attacking football but it’s not that easy. We could go out and attack and play progressive football and lose or draw. And we could go out and play Jose-ball and limp to a draw or one goal win.

I want to see more attacking football but it’s not that easy. We could go out and attack and play progressive football and lose or draw. And we could go out and play Jose-ball and limp to a draw or one goal win.

Personally I believe that playing against a team as awful as sheffield town and with the players we have, we would win comfortably with the right selection and tactics.

Similar game to the last ever match under the first version of Poch before the downward spiral begun, which was a 0-3 away win at Cardiff possibly on a new years day two or three years ago.

Anyone know if Bergwijn is likely to be out still?

He better be fit cos although mourinho uses him in an absurd way for even fixtures such as this one, he at least knows what he’s doing when he does get forward.

If he isnt fit we now know that even against the brickest teams in the league, mourinho unbelievably turns to sissoko to do that role, when the role should be scrapped altogether unless we are playing a Emirates Marketing Project or liverpool or peak real madrid that won 4 CL in the bernabeu.

If that happens I may well call the Club and cancel my season ticket.

Back