• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers, Sun 24th Aug 2014 ***

One thing I spotted yesterday which I loved...

I didn't hear one single chorus of "stand up if you hate Arsenal"

Long may that continue!

Yup, let's get behind our team and not worry about our rivals unless we are playing them! Now if only the stupid Campbell songs could stop too.

Some questions to those that watched the game on Sunday:

- What was our pressing like? Did we press from the front, or when QPR reached a certain point in our half?
- If we did press in the first half, did we press the same way in the second half?
- Were there times when we purposely played on the counter-attack?
- Did we seem to approach the second half in a way to save energy, or did we drop-off through tiredness?
- If so, is/will that be a weakness directly from the 'pressing tactic' that Poch is said to prefer?

Some questions to those that watched the game on Sunday:

- What was our pressing like? Did we press from the front, or when QPR reached a certain point in our half?
strikers pressed from the front. lamela was on fire and caught them a few times. ade looked like he had to try to keep up.

- If we did press in the first half, did we press the same way in the second half?

yes but we undoubtedly faded in the later part of second half. our passes were going awry.

- Were there times when we purposely played on the counter-attack?
yes we often broke but in numbers with the guy in front not going all out but anticipating support. a couple of "quick transitions" from outside the penalty box when we interecepted and got possession. so there is variety in play. but mostly we passed out wide, back to centre and probed. as such:
SevereScrawnyIbadanmalimbe.gif

- Did we seem to approach the second half in a way to save energy, or did we drop-off through tiredness?

it felt like we slowed down after going 3 up. if we did slow down i think it was not deliberate, we were making more and more sloppy passes as time wore on.

- If so, is/will that be a weakness directly from the 'pressing tactic' that Poch is said to prefer?
yes - but here is where rotation seems to be a critical part of poch's thinking, and expects players to go all out . bentaleb for dembele as an example gave new legs in the midfield and was a very effective sub.

Brilliant.

So glad to hear you had a great day. It is sooooo much better when the team put in a display like that. Hope the next game is just as good.
I am right in saying you are still over here for the AEL and Liverpool matches?
Of course, mate. I couldn't miss such a fantastic opportunity. It's incredibly rare when the team plays 3 times at home in one week!
Also I got Freund's autograph, missed Lamela's and was very unlucky to get Eriksen's who took my pen but forgot to put his signature :p

One thing I spotted yesterday which I loved...

I didn't hear one single chorus of "stand up if you hate Arsenal"

Long may that continue!

Dead right. That sound only needs to be sung during NLD's,totally agree we should focus our songs on our own team and players

Has anyone got a link showing for all 48 passes for chadlis secobd goal (or however many passes it was)

Thanks in advance

Really enjoyed this win, especially Lamela's performance and assists. Credit to Chadli, Dier and Adebayor for the goals. But QPR were so poor. Don't think we will get too many easy matches like that this season.

I find it strange ryan mason hasn't been involved in the squad last weekend or last night. I thought he looked really good in preseason. He must be getting loaned out? I think he looks a better player than paulinho myself.

i said to one of my friends in pre season i was going to have a bet on mason being called up to england...i wonder what odds i would have got as should be a contender next internationals

i said to one of my friends in pre season i was going to have a bet on mason being called up to england...i wonder what odds i would have got as should be a contender next internationals

definitely should have had a few quid on this!!!

Back