• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers, Sun 24th Aug 2014 ***

Agree with everyone here I suppose. Massively entertaining game, great to see, so many positives.

Can't wait to see what we can do against Liverpool now!

I think the Liverpool game is coming a bit too early. If we put in an away performance like we did at West Ham we'll get kicked. Yesterday's performance was thrilling and gives us lots to think about. At least we go to Anfield with a chance. A point would be monumental.

I think the Liverpool game is coming a bit too early. If we put in an away performance like we did at West Ham we'll get kicked. Yesterday's performance was thrilling and gives us lots to think about. At least we go to Anfield with a chance. A point would be monumental.

I thought it was at WHL?

I think the OMT Gods smiled very favorably on my little effort.

\o/
You were lucky that they were feeling benevolent. Another flouting of their wishes and OMT conventions and it could go very, very horribly wrong.

Guys! That was the best day of my fcking life. Even better than my first birthday.
We've left hotel at 09:30 am, returned at 21:30, left again at 22:30 and returned at 05:00 am.

I don't have enough russian words to describe what it was for me to enter the stadium for the first time. So it's even tougher to describe it in English. But everything, what I've seen, starting with before match drinks and singing at Bell&Hare and finishing with relatively successful getting of autographs, became one of the most memorable moments till the end of my life.

That was just incredible. English football culture and each action of people which is connected with this is utter class and pleasure to take part in it.

I should also mention Spurs staff support. 15 minutes before kick-off we finally found our gate entrance, with the help of Jason. Before the game I got my stadium access card in Ticket Collection office, because nothing arrived to my post-office in Moscow. However, my girlfriend received it and so, I suggest, we misunderstood the membership card system and she should have gained another, stadium access card in ticket office as well.
I entered the stadium and she didn't. Her card didn't work and I couldn't leave the stadium, but I had print confirmations of ticket purchasing. In five minutes, thankfully to Jason and "big staff boss" whose name is unknown to us, my GF was standing next to me and we didn't miss a single moment of the game. She told me she had entered the stadium through staff entrance.

Great story hidden, glad you had a great day!

I was in Berlin and running around like a loon trying to find a sports bar. Missed the first 5 minutes but did it. Really really great performance. All incredibly positive. Please let his be lamela a season, and if Dier continues then he'll be in the England squad with ease by Christmas!

But looking at how to improve, I would say bentaleb was probably the weak link, not by much, but he gives the ball away a worrying amount and seems to offer less, dembele in his place against Liverpool and we'll be even stronger.

i

http://www.espnfc.us/barclays-premi...1/premier-league-team-of-the-weekendaug-23-24

Left-back: The signing of Ben Davies in the summer led many to assume thatDanny Rose's days were numbered at Spurs, but he is not letting his first-team spot go without a fight. Rose, like many of Mauricio Pochettino's men, was excellent in their demolition of QPR on Sunday, giving their fans hope that a rather more enjoyable season than last term lies ahead. Marcotti noted that Davies "will struggle to displace him if he keeps playing like this," while Nicol enjoyed how Rose looked "tough in defence and dangerous going forward."

Centre-back: It was a good day all around for Spurs, and Jan Vertonghentakes one of our central defensive berths. The acquisition of another left-back means he will spend the majority of his time in his favoured position in the middle, and on this evidence that's good news for Spurs. "So composed on the ball, he needs to stay at centre-back," Nicol noted, while Mariner was equally effusive, saying the Belgian was "fantastic -- his passing and positional sense was superb."

Attacking midfield: Signed as the most obvious like-for-like Gareth Balereplacement last summer, Erik Lamela's first season in England could barely have gone worse, spoiled by injuries and struggles to adapt to the Premier League. However, the early signs this term are that he will be more like the player Spurs paid upward of 25 million pounds for, and he was at the heart of Tottenham's terrific, flowing display against QPR. "So much for the haters," Marcotti said. "Sets up two goals and displays the free-wheeling skills that prompted the club to spend big last summer." Meanwhile, Nicol asked: "Is this the real Lamela? Spurs fans hope so." They certainly do, and if he provides entertainment like that every week, so do the rest of us.

Attacking midfield: Nacer Chadli wasn't quite as high profile an arrival last summer, but he was also part of the influx of players who disappointed the White Hart Lane faithful. Like Lamela, he looks like a different player under Pochettino. Our panel thinks the manager has plenty to do with the reversal in fortunes, as Marcotti argued Chadli "seems made for Pochettino's brand of football," while Mariner said: "Scoring goals, rotating with teammates in midfield, playing with a smile on his face -- the manager has him and the team flying."

Guys! That was the best day of my fcking life. Even better than my first birthday.
We've left hotel at 09:30 am, returned at 21:30, left again at 22:30 and returned at 05:00 am.

I don't have enough russian words to describe what it was for me to enter the stadium for the first time. So it's even tougher to describe it in English. But everything, what I've seen, starting with before match drinks and singing at Bell&Hare and finishing with relatively successful getting of autographs, became one of the most memorable moments till the end of my life.

That was just incredible. English football culture and each action of people which is connected with this is utter class and pleasure to take part in it.

I should also mention Spurs staff support. 15 minutes before kick-off we finally found our gate entrance, with the help of Jason. Before the game I got my stadium access card in Ticket Collection office, because nothing arrived to my post-office in Moscow. However, my girlfriend received it and so, I suggest, we misunderstood the membership card system and she should have gained another, stadium access card in ticket office as well.
I entered the stadium and she didn't. Her card didn't work and I couldn't leave the stadium, but I had print confirmations of ticket purchasing. In five minutes, thankfully to Jason and "big staff boss" whose name is unknown to us, my GF was standing next to me and we didn't miss a single moment of the game. She told me she had entered the stadium through staff entrance.

Glad your 1st experience was a good one, trust me it isnt like that every week hahaha

Brilliant.

So glad to hear you had a great day. It is sooooo much better when the team put in a display like that. Hope the next game is just as good.
I am right in saying you are still over here for the AEL and Liverpool matches?

One thing I spotted yesterday which I loved...

I didn't hear one single chorus of "stand up if you hate Arsenal"

Long may that continue!

Back