• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Palace***

Well the slackness in the OMT returns:(:( (its friday ffs).....so

The away days continue......and i can exclusively reveal being nicely fleeced by my oh so kindly season ticket owning fellow yiddo who 'couldn't now make it' but obviously doesn't mind the loyalty points and the bit of extra cash 'on top'.

So if we lose this i don't expect an avatar of Andy Gray taking a long throw-in, as i've pushed the boat out beyond the horizon to get to this one.

match-preview-tottenham-6x461-1690084_478x359.jpg

When: Saturday 23/01/2016
Where: Selhurst Park. Blocks R-U Arthur Wait Stand (me block S)
KO: 3PM
Referee: Martin Atkinson

Spurs

Lloris
Walker Toby Verts Rose
Dier Dembele
Son Eriksen Alli (in any order)
Kane

COYS!

maxresdefault.jpg

Not played against Palace but played at Crystal Palace - non-league FA Cup winners! (after replay) 1901 over 110,00 in attendance
article-2279267-179AA834000005DC-362_964x621.jpg

A3602.jpg

BkPO-NOIIAAu9Xu.jpg

Last edited:
Son or Lamela is surely the question ares, perhaps depend if Son had an injury when he came off on Wednesday? Trippier didnt play against Leicester but Walker was very good, toss of a coin?

Ill leave it with Poch to decide.

Oh and a draw.

Lloris

Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose

Dier Dembele

Lamela Eriksen Son

Kane​

Give Alli a rest i say and bring him on if necessary (though i admit that is a risk as away from home he has been very potent on the counter..)
Carroll on standby if we need extra guile in the final third second half as well..
Isn't it great to have good options?

COYS

Son Deserves a Start. Alli back in for me as we need more goal threats.

-------------------------Lloris---------------------------

Trips-----Toby-----------------Verts----------Rose

-------------------Dier---Dembele--------------------

Son--------------------Alli------------------Eriksen

-----------------------Kane-------------------------------

We lost there last year and Palace normally give us a very tough game. so expecting the same. Will be happy
with a 1-0 win here if we can manage it.

Son Deserves a Start. Alli back in for me as we need more goal threats.

-------------------------Lloris---------------------------

Trips-----Toby-----------------Verts----------Rose

-------------------Dier---Dembele--------------------

Son--------------------Alli------------------Eriksen

-----------------------Kane-------------------------------

We lost there last year and Palace normally give us a very tough game. so expecting the same. Will be happy
with a 1-0 win here if we can manage it.

Agree, Palace are always REALLY up for playing us. In fact we rarely beat them twice in a season; two seasons ago was the first time we did the double on them in the PL i believe (perhaps first for 3 decades even!)

I suspect Poch might opt for keeping Lamela as it's an away game and his willingness to get stuck in even if he's having a brick game may be crucial. I remember last year we wilted in the second half having taken the lead. I think having Lamela in the team may mean we are less likely to fold like that.
But who knows; only MoPo and we probably all trust him to make the right call anyhow.

Hopefully scrap and win this and we can have a good week's rest before Colchester, Norwich and Watford.

COYS

Oh and a draw.

Interesting one for me, this. It's been well noted we've drawn too many games this season, but where do we now sit on the "push on and risk it" v "stay safe and take an away point" debate??

Scenario - 1-1 with 20mins to go. Away at a rocking Selhurst (and yes, I appreciate there's a case for who's in the assurgency and having equalised as opposed to lost the lead)…would you prefer Poch to go all out for the 3 points like a cup game, leaving us somewhat exposed and risking a defeat. Or simply shut up shop and take what could be deemed a well-earned point away from home???

Interesting one for me, this. It's been well noted we've drawn too many games this season, but where do we now sit on the "push on and risk it" v "stay safe and take an away point" debate??

Scenario - 1-1 with 20mins to go. Away at a rocking Selhurst (and yes, I appreciate there's a case for who's in the assurgency and having equalised as opposed to lost the lead)…would you prefer Poch to go all out for the 3 points like a cup game, leaving us somewhat exposed and risking a defeat. Or simply shut up shop and take what could be deemed a well-earned point away from home???

Would rather go down in flames having risked it than sit back like Harry Did against a 10 man Villa and take a point. The game is about Glory after all. To Dare is to do ;)

In a scenario like that i'd take a well-earn point as long as we also take calculated risks of attacking them in case we can nick a winner like at Watford or Sunderland.

A point away wont be a disaster. If we were at home, i'd want us to throw everything at trying to get a win

In a scenario like that i'd take a well-earn point as long as we also take calculated risks of attacking them in case we can nick a winner like at Watford or Sunderland.

A point away wont be a disaster. If we were at home, i'd want us to throw everything at trying to get a win

We are 5 points off the top. Draws are not going to get us in the Mix. We need to be taking three points more often. I see your point, but at this stage of the season its time to go for the jugular.

We are 5 points off the top. Draws are not going to get us in the Mix. We need to be taking three points more often. I see your point, but at this stage of the season its time to go for the jugular.

Hi Tim!;)

Only joking. Yes, we need more wins, but Palace would be one of the harder away teams we'll face between now and the end of the season.
It's certainly not impossible for us to win (in fact i predict we'll win 2-0) but if it wasn't to be 3 points i wouldn't be too down with just 1..

Interesting views fellas! I'm inclined to agree with both, typical fence-sitter that I am! Love the "game is about glory" stance and yes we're in the mix so need to turn these draws into wins at some point. Perhaps Palace will be there for the taking tomorrow but i think it's one of those games where both managers will gladly take a point.

Back