• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Ns Mura

The trouble for us is trying to get decent players to sign for us. Over the last few years we have consistently paid big money for "promising" players, eg LoCelso Ndombele Sanchez etc but they never really hit the heights we would like. Same with promising youngsters, how many have actually really looked good over the past few years. I know some on here rate Gil but he looks very average to me. Same with Clarke Sessengon etc etc.
The next thing is actually getting decent players to sign for us. The elite players want to join a club playing champions league football, and on top of that is the financial clout a lot of other clubs have over us. What with the pandemic and the stadium debt I think it will be a few years before we can be challenging for anything unless Levy and Joe Louis decide to loosen the purse strings and start buying elite players and paying elite wages.
The other thing we do consistently is hold on to fringe players way too long. The amount of deadwood we have now is embarassing. Who out of our current squad would you really want to keep? I think the list is quite short at the moment.
Anyway onwards and upwards Burnley will be cacking it now fearing the backlash after tonight lol!
COYS

If we bring no one in but ship Sanchez, Doherty, Dele, Winks and Sessegnon out to a team at or below NS Mura/Dinamo Zagreb's level, we will have improved immeasurably.

Just getting them out of the club will do wonders for showing that this level of utter uselessness, fecklessness and laziness won't be tolerated anymore, imo.

After that, yes, I agree with you.

Get Alessio Romagnoli. Get Marcelo Brozovic. Get Andrea Belotti.

All three are in the final years of their deals, and will be free to negotiate free transfers in January. Don't wait, offer their clubs good fees to snap them up early. Clubs will prefer making money on them to losing them for nothing.

Bring them in.
We have struggled ad been poor when none of them have even been on the bench nevermind the pitch.
They are not the problem, they aren't the solution, but shipping them out and leaving the others there isn't going to solve anything.

Mate, he was playing, against, a Slovenian plumber.

5th place team in the Slovenian division. Paid 1/150th of what he makes, weekly.

Still got humiliated multiple times. In position or out of position, the bloke got schooled by players far, far, far below his supposed 'level'.

Let's look at how his career has progressed - came to Spurs, had a great first year, then went straight downhill - 2018/2019, was bad, 2019/2020, was bad, 2020/2021, was atrocious, 2021/2022, got sat on his a*se by a Slovenian plumber in the third-tier Conference league. Twice.

Mourinho's first things said to him were saying he specifically targeted his weaknesses in the EL final against Ajax. Sanchez proceeded to f*ck up on a weekly basis under that odious c*nt.

Nuno - probably his best period, tbh. For three months being protected by a back 10, he didn't make too many errors.

Conte - well, you saw today.

This bit about loyalty from players is hilarious. We've given him five years, and he has grown worse every year.

Loyalty? Loyalty to Winks (five years), Dele (six years), Sanchez (five years) is why we're in the mess we are in, mate.

We aren't at some super level where he has to earn his right to play. He, and the other wasters, have dragged us down to his level, which is being beaten by a Slovenian pub team, the worst-ranked in Europe.

Loyalty to these players got us into this situation. You think giving Davinson ten years at Spurs will improve his ability not to get haplessly sat on his arse by a Slovenian part-time potato farmer?

There should be a facility on here to like posts like this 100 times.

She works in mental health
You can guess where I’m going here …
giphy.gif

Sanchez, Sessegnon, Doherty, Winks, Ndombele, Dele....

...there's so much utterly useless deadwood in this side that it's no surprise that we' re beaten by Slovenian minnows with 1/1000th our budget, really.

This team embarrasses the club week in, week out - Dinamo Zagreb, NS Mura...these are new lows to fathom, and these spineless wastes of space and thieves of air trudge around sinking us lower every season.

Until the clearout happens, until Sanchez, Sessegnon, Winks, Doherty, Ndombele and Dele are sold to the fifth-tier Slovenian sides that are truly their level, we won't be going anywhere, coach or no coach.
And they are getting ridiculous wages.....for what?

And they are getting ridiculous wages.....for what?

In Dele's case, for Fortnite and hair stylists.

In Tanguy's case, for McDonald's delivery.

In Sanchez's case, probably for a brain transplant.

In Doherty's case, probably as a charity case - poor lad clearly won a competition to play for Spurs, since at this point Nicola Berti has him beat on fitness, technique, ability, brains and talent.

Great that we're paying them all so much for their various life pursuits. Would be nice if they actually bothered to play for Spurs.

A few hours on I’m kind of glad tonight happened.

There really is nowhere for these players to go now as regards their Spurs’ careers - they are simply not good enough.

And the same applies to Levy - he has massively fudged up on the pitch. He’s now got to back Conte with serious money or his reputation is in tatters, and his and Lewis’s investment is holed beneath the waterline.

the sad thing about tonight is. Its not a surprise is it? we get used to watching them trot out there and not give a fudge. Seems they need the halftime rocket from Conte now to get going. I would rather we just keep playing the so called best players even if they get tired. We need some quality and some signs they can improve as a team. We beat a broken leeds team and now lost to a slovenian pub team. These players need to take a hard long look at themselves and move along or get with the program.

Sanchez out of position on the left, but he is right footed, showed him inside onto his stronger side and still got done. I am done with Dele totally. He is just a lazy show boat who wants to be spoon fed everything. Sess had a brain fart and will learn his lesson. But I think I agree on who should go, and to be honest we all knew it before AC arrived.

Dele, Doherty, Sanchez, Winks all need to be sent packing. I cant watch them not even put in a shift anymore.

A few hours on I’m kind of glad tonight happened.

There really is nowhere for these players to go now as regards their Spurs’ careers - they are simply not good enough.

And the same applies to Levy - he has massively fudged up on the pitch. He’s now got to back Conte with serious money or his reputation is in tatters, and his and Lewis’s investment is holed beneath the waterline.

I think Levy is in grave danger here. He's got to change his approach if he hasn't already.

Conte absolutely isn't the type of man to put up with getting Sissoko when he wants Wijnaldum or Jansen when he wants Mane or whatever. If that happens, he'll combust and walk. If Conte walks, especially in the next 12 months, and there is any inkling that it's because he feels he isn't being backed, the fans will make going to games unbearable for Levy. He's in last chance saloon.

I maintain that the hooking of Moura against United didn't just get that reaction because people thought Nuno was wrong. That was the trigger for the release of 3 years of frustration with this club from top to bottom. Nuno, as unsuitable as he was, just bore the brunt of it because he triggered something that was going to come anyway. That United game will seem like a picnic if the club fudge up with Conte. There is no point in hiring Lewis Hamilton if you're going to give him a Skoda to drive. This is crunch time for Levy in my opinion.

We’re going to have serious HG problems if we get rid of who objectively should be gotten rid of. An expensive problem to fix, really hope that won’t be what stalls what could have been.

Back