1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Newcastle United**

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by nelto, 1 Feb 2019.

?

Man of the match

Poll closed 4 Feb 2019.
  1. Sanchez

18.2%
  2. Sissoko

10.9%
  3. Vertonghen

36.4%
  4. Winks

34.5%
  1. paxtonwolf

paxtonwolf Erik Thorstvedt

Yes, we have gone almost from one extreme to the other, now we have just 2 matches in the next 20 days.

Worked out well though I suppose. Kane may well be back for Burnley or Chelsea

nelto and Legohamster like this.
  2. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Mitchell Thomas

What?!?!

If it wasn’t for South Korea we’d probably be in a league cup final now, we lost one of our best players in the middle of the season for about 3 weeks! South Korea fudged us!

Edit: sorry actually I read your post incorrectly! I missed the “losing” bit at the end!

Last edited: 2 Feb 2019
    MKSpur likes this.
  3. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Pat van den Hauwe

2 days off for everyone, Merry Christmas!

4. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Pat van den Hauwe

Not forgetting those ManU defenders clattering Kane and getting away scott free :mad:

5. Legohamster

Legohamster Justin Edinburgh

It could have been worse.

It’s not like it was out of the blue either

6. Eatmyownbrainwithaspork

Eatmyownbrainwithaspork Hossam Ghaly

Well, I think we're officially 'grinding out' results. I'll take that.

MKSpur, nelto and Yermiyahu like this.
  7. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Dimitar Berbatov

We have done that on more than one occasion this season

It’s a great characteristic to have

Last edited: 3 Feb 2019
    nayenezgani and MKSpur like this.
  8. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Simon Davies

United, City and Liverpool lay siege and get late winners, we just grab them.

thfcsteff likes this.
  9. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Toby was superb today, as was Son

10. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

The trouble is - he doesnt do it often enough! Almost of his contributions are backwards or sideways. When he gets the opportunity to run at players, too often he doesnt take it. Frustrating to watch.

11. milo

milo Tony Galvin Staff Member

Holding onto possession is an important part of our game and he normally makes good runs after releasing the ball.

He was one of our best performers in the first four months of the season. His form has dropped a little since then and people have short memories.

I'd rather that we play the front four we started today than alter our play to try and accommodate Llorente.

glasgowspur and nayenezgani like this.
  12. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Paul Robinson

No Son for Mom? How?

Vertonghen did very well as a FB. Apart from ceding possession once in a dangerous position, Winks was his usual busy self. He's been tasked with stepping up by MP, and he is doing so. Without Son will have to vote for Jan.

Last edited: 2 Feb 2019
    Spur of the moment and MKSpur like this.
  13. Sandman

Sandman Tim Sherwood

I thought Jan was amazing though it was good he was not put under any real pressure with pace down our left. He was good on the ball, and put in some nice crosses. Winks was good too and I could see he is learning not just to pass but surge into space and also take on the occasional player. Now if he can get around the box more and be a slight goal threat that would be amazing. He is coming on well, but he is not that young anymore. At 23 its his time to start shining.

Son really was a presence for us and just kept on going. He has amazing stamina.

thfcsteff likes this.
  14. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Terry Fenwick

Just got back home. Buzzing after that. A 4 or 5 nil is great but a late winner just tinkles all over an emphatic victory for pure euphoria.

Thought Hugo did well. Trippier was decent. Toby and Sanchez were solid. Winks was outstanding. He made one bad misstep but was top class otherwise. Eriksen and Lamela were very poor. Eriksen sort of grew into it a bit second half. Loads of lads behind me giving out loads that we were lumping in crosses without Llorente. To be honest, I don’t think that was the plan. Rafa flooded the middle of the pitch around their goal which left us with no real options. Llorente did well when he came on at holding the ball up or being someone to play a one two with. His finishing was tinkle poor though.

And Sonny. fudging marvellous. Bags of energy and fair play on the goal. My little lad said Sonny was his favourite player earlier in the week so to have him score the winner was amazing. There is no better feeling than seeing that ball hit the back of the net for a late winner and looking into your 6 year old’s eyes and seeing the same joy you’re feeling while thousands of like minded folk go mental around you.

Pure Magic.

15. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Justin Edinburgh

Glad your boy enjoyed it. Seems like Sonny is the saviour who has kept him on the right path!
    Hopefully your fears of him being led astray are put to rest now.

16. nelto

nelto Ronnie Rosenthal

I started the OMT and may well end it. :) Just got home, these lunchtime games are good for me. Even got to watch England beating Ireland in the rugby in the pub at Heathrow :(. Frustrating game today, but all is well with a late winner, makes it feel a lot better. A lot of huff and puff with no end product. Unlucky with the header against the bar, but lucky with Rondon's effort, heart stopping moment, thought it was nailed on to go in. Winks, Verts, Toby, Davinson and Sonny were our best players imo, shout out to Hugo for a smart save. Looking forward to watching it back on MOTD, when we will probably appear to be better than we were, but they were very hard to break down and defensively superb, if you're into that sort of thing!
    We have to get back into WHL asap, the lack of atmosphere at Wembley can't be helping the team one bit.
    Anyway, 2nd in the league! (for a while).

17. 90291Spur

90291Spur Pat van den Hauwe

I like a nice grind and coming from behind at the end.

spasm likes this.
  18. Bullet

Bullet Christian Ziege

Good reminder, we were inches away from that sickening feeling we've had so often, with a breakaway goal.
    They also had a brace of good chances when Eriksen tracked back and made the block.
    Fine margins Brian, but a well deserved win.

And kudos to you guys that set aside the whole day to go to a match.

19. MKSpur

MKSpur Eidur Gudjohnsen

Just getting home now. As always the result is everything but even if this had ended nil nil I thought we’d done everything right. Every opposing attack is one for the heart rate whilst there’s a goal or even no goal in it but we always deserved the win.
    Sanchez did well with Rondon, Jan did more as a third choice lb than trips, Sissoko literally didn’t pt a foot wrong and actually played within himself bar a volley which would have made it the perfect day.

Winks excellent bar a brain fart at the end, Lamela was decent too.

Not just because he scored or because I was surrounded by his fan club but Son was immense today. He’s taken the responsibility of being our main threat with both hands, so much so if we go go 3421 when everyone is fit Alli and Eriksen should worry about their place.

I advocated Llorente starting but seeing him tracking back was like watching an uncle dancing at a wedding, it might be there in the head but the rest of body is a good few seconds behind.

My view on Wembley hasn’t changed, for some reason today I started calling players (other than Toby) by their forename. I guess all those red seats whilst momentarily feeling a sense of security yet further entitlement gave me some empathy with our gypsy neighbours. Apparently I’m only one of the seven shelf silders in attendance today.

Winning is a huge antidote to the associated pain, but I can’t wait to go home. Yet we’ve won 3 games in the last ten minutes against teams looking for a point , 2 of them after providing a headstart. I have nothing but huge respect for this squad and what they continue to deliver.

20. the dza

the dza Chris Perry

I must be the only person who thought Son was quite poor today, bar the goal which of course means all is forgiven as he won us the game. He started the game quite well playing off the left, but then I think he was having a rough time when he moved to the middle, and then back out left again, you could see him getting phucked off with it all as things weren't happening for him. Then boom, goal and the win!

It was quite hard to pick a MoM for this one, I don't think anybody really stood out. From the poll, I picked Sissoko, who was as good as anybody else imo.