• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Morecambe ***

Looking down at my little one and seeing the look of joy on her face when we first walked in and then when we scored gave me a little lump on my throat it was magical

Really glad she enjoyed her day. It's a great shared memory for you both.

It's one of the things I love about these early cup rounds - you see so many young kids with their parents and their excitement for the day is just wonderful.

Moments with our kids…I brought my son to a lot of games when he was younger, just shove him on the plane with me and off we went. But I remember the moment it clicked at another level. Everton away, first game of the season 2002. Matty Etherington smashed one in from 25 yards off the underside of the bar and I saw it in his eyes, next level plug…I will never ever forget it.
My abiding regret - and that of my son - is not letting him come with me when he was 6 to the 1982 League Cup Final vs Liverpool (the game we lost 2-1 after Souness had brutally hacked down Tony Galvin).

Decades later my son made sure to take his boy when he was 6 to see Spurs at Wembley. Okay so he showed me up but what a joy it was. Fortunately we now have three grandchildren all mad about Spurs, so no great harm done there. Yay!

My abiding regret - and that of my son - is not letting him come with me when he was 6 to the 1982 League Cup Final vs Liverpool (the game we lost 2-1 after Souness had brutally hacked down Tony Galvin).

Decades later my son made sure to take his boy when he was 6 to see Spurs at Wembley. Okay so he showed me up but what a joy it was. Fortunately we now have three grandchildren all mad about Spurs, so no great harm done there. Yay!

You may think that but many child psychologist would disagree and I always feel guilty when I see my lot after an other heartbreaking performance.

What a LOVELY photo!!!!!!! Thanks for that mate, sometimes we could all do with a step back and to remember that for the kids at occasions like this it will be one of their best days ever - especially with Dad (or Mum or both) being there too.
Magic!

Reminds me of a story Damian Hughes tells about perspectives. A guy finds his grown-up son's childhood diary. He compares a few entries with his own one from the time. One particular day of his own reads: "Went fishing with Jimmy. Was there for hours, caught nothing - waste of time". His son's for the same day read: "Dad took me fishing. Best day ever".

Great picture mate and you and her will always remember that. I remember my daughter being a mascot for Spurs back in the early 90's at Norwich. Still have the pictures of that and its always on view.

My son was for City home in 03…great day apart from brick result!

I was there, yes, Archie had the chance to score a second instead equalizer at the death. It ended up 3-1 AET. I remember that filthy foul.

We lack another striker option. With that as the starting point and then starting without Kane, Son, Lucas and Bergwijn and a bit of a thrown together team elsewhere too.. We've seen it before, entirely unsurprising.

Would have liked to see us further along so that even with this many changes we looked better, but we're not, that's just the way it is.

Some decent performances including some of the starting players.

That was my first spurs game
I was 4…. And I got punched by a pool fan (kid) in the toilets
I couldn’t see a thing of the game either as it was old Wembley and standing

We lack another striker option. With that as the starting point and then starting without Kane, Son, Lucas and Bergwijn and a bit of a thrown together team elsewhere too.. We've seen it before, entirely unsurprising.

Would have liked to see us further along so that even with this many changes we looked better, but we're not, that's just the way it is.

Some decent performances including some of the starting players.
Winks was good
Sessegnon was good
Davies was good
Dele looked lost as did Gil playing as false 9s - daft call that
Lo Celso improved once he had a target to pass too
Lucas and Kane did their jobs when they came on

Winks was good
Sessegnon was good
Davies was good
Dele looked lost as did Gil playing as false 9s - daft call that
Lo Celso improved once he had a target to pass too
Lucas and Kane did their jobs when they came on

Thought gil did well cirst 30 mins or so, especially with what was around him.

One thing this performance did is show us, as if there was any doubt, that our squad lacks depth

Agreed. But our top priority must be a top centre forward. We simply don't have one (and I now include Kane in this as he is a world class striker and goal scorer but is no longer a good leader of the attack).

We have now only scored 2 goals from open play in our last four games. One of those was not created but rather Moura nicked it off the defender. So the Kane goal at the end against Morcombe was our only "created" goal in over 360 minutes of football . Three of those games were against a 10 man team for most of the match, a struggling relegation haunted team that had been conceding goals left right and centre and a struggling First Division team.

We need a top centre forward desperately. No question about it. We have needed one for a couple of years (Mourinho first identified it in his first window). Our need has only increased over time. Now we must act. No more excuses.

My son was for City home in 03…great day apart from brick result!

Nice one, we won 2-1 and it was the return of Teddy after his knee problems. He came on as sub in the second half and withing 5 minutes he scored. Ossie was manager and he took us into the dressing room before the game and meet some of the players. You can imagine how happy my daughter was on that day. We also got tickets to go in the players bar after the game and again she was blown away. All of the players were really good to her especially Dozell and Teddy ( who was my daughters favourite player.

Back