• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Juventus***

I'll go with:
Lloris
Aurier - SuperJan - Sanchez - Rose
Dier - Wanyama
Lamela - Alli - Eriksen
Kane

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Davies, Dembele, Son, Moura, Llorente.
Very gutted Toby didn't travel with the squad. Really don't like it.

Of course I would play Dembele but can't see it happening considering the enormous amount of game time he received during last couple of weeks.

I'm not a huge Seria-A lover. Can anybody tell me if Juve uses pressing or counterpressing as a key component of their defensive strategy? Or are they just playing more passive and positional style of football in defence waiting for opponent's mistakes and relying on tackling?

A goal scoring draw will be a great result for us after 1st leg. I suggest that their unexpected weak link can be Buffon: I've seen several Juve and Italy games during last 1,5 seasons and I think GiGi's reaction on the line is past his best. Exactly what HKane needs with all his shots in the corners.

Juve have Höwedes, Cuadrado, Mataudi and Dybala on the injury list. Dybala expected back around now, but was not in the squad in Fridays game. They still have one hell of a team! If we could come away from Turin with a score draw, I'd be extremely happy!!
Edit: This was their lineup on Friday away vs Fiorentina. (0-2 win)
View attachment 4149

Jesus that's one hell of a team! And without those missing names you mentioned above! Wow.

There's plenty of serious goal threat. Skill and graft in that midfield. Pacey full backs and a CB pairing riddled with experience who are masters of the dark art of outmuscling their opponents.

Tough game. Very tough. I'd have loved to see Toby back as he has the strength and presence of mind we need against this lot - even if he has only played 90 against Newport.
In his absence though, i imagine we go Dier into a back three and put Wanyama in alongside Dembele. The latter part pleases me, but I still shudder at the thought of Dier and Sanchez both in a back 3 - especially when we play the ball so short from Loris!

This will be a huge test, Juve are brilliant, probably on a par with City all things considered as they have more discipline defensively.

We’ll need to play at the same level as we did against Madrid to get anything out of it.

Jesus that's one hell of a team! And without those missing names you mentioned above! Wow.

There's plenty of serious goal threat. Skill and graft in that midfield. Pacey full backs and a CB pairing riddled with experience who are masters of the dark art of outmuscling their opponents.

Tough game. Very tough. I'd have loved to see Toby back as he has the strength and presence of mind we need against this lot - even if he has only played 90 against Newport.
In his absence though, i imagine we go Dier into a back three and put Wanyama in alongside Dembele. The latter part pleases me, but I still shudder at the thought of Dier and Sanchez both in a back 3 - especially when we play the ball so short from Loris!
That starting 11 is quite scary considering the injuries. That said, not too many familiar names on the bench, although they did have the likes of Barzagli and Douglas Costa there.

badgercubs.jpg
brick. Even the badgers are wearing Juventus colours.

brick. Even the badgers are wearing Juventus colours.
For once I think fans could have an effect on this match (well, maybe the home leg).

We need to just chant "Badger, badger, badger" whenever they have the ball, and then pick a player at random - whenever he touches the ball we all shout "Snaaaaaake". We'll pick another, whenever they touch the ball we'll shout "Mushroom, mushroom". It'll hopefully confuse them into being off their game.

I was watching their game v Fiorentina, Fiorentina were v unlucky not to score a couple at least. Seems like Juve rode their luck somewhat.

Also a lot of their lineups seem to go 4-2-3-1, with Pjanic and Khedeira the two central midfielders. As good as they both are, I think (especially if Dembele is playing) we can overrun them here. I expect Poch to go very aggressive and have read Juve have previously found it difficult against good pressing sides. They were actually quite scared to play Liverpool. Reading their forum, I don't think they really know what we are especially good at.

Poch will chase an away goal. Get an away goal and stay in the tie, then we give ourselves a solid chance.

Learning to go away to places like this and manage a game is the next step to becoming a top side. It's going to take big personalities and bravery (on the ball). I think our boys have really enjoyed the last 3 big games and will really be looking forward to this too.

For once I think fans could have an effect on this match (well, maybe the home leg).

We need to just chant "Badger, badger, badger" whenever they have the ball, and then pick a player at random - whenever he touches the ball we all shout "Snaaaaaake". We'll pick another, whenever they touch the ball we'll shout "Mushroom, mushroom". It'll hopefully confuse them into being off their game.

That would be beyond awesome.

Juventus fans are so arrogant, thinking they will turn us over easily. Though my 4-0 win was a dream, I don’t see ya losing by a heavy scoreline. We rarely do if we have a full team. Juventus are an excellent team, strong defensively, but with good attacking options but then, so are we.

I was watching their game v Fiorentina, Fiorentina were v unlucky not to score a couple at least. Seems like Juve rode their luck somewhat.
Agree, they didn't look all that to my expert eye (I'm bound to be an expert at something). That VAR penalty/no-penalty decision was very odd, probably up to their old tricks ;)

We're the underdog here, which has suited us before. As long as our belief and effort is in place, we can win this. They have a fantastic team, but so do we. I see this as a bonus match. I expect us to give a 100%, but anything other than a defeat tomorrow will be a great result.

Back