• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Hull City Tigers *** Capital One Cup

For the record, our penalty shootout record now reads : won 3 and lost 9.

...We have actually lost 8 penalty shootouts since 1994 and 9 in total. Maybe, AVB can improve our penalty records. But AVB did mention we didn't train for penalties against Hull but did so against Basel.

Considering how meticulous AVB appears to be about every aspect of our games it was surprising to hear that he'd not got the players to practise penalties in 3 to 4 months, an almost Redknapp like attitude to them but with a happier outcome \o/

Villas-Boas: Spurs hadn't practiced penalties | FourFourTwo

I don't think the players are really the problem here... You can play any combination of players and they should go out and play well. The fundamental issue here in my view is the tactics by which we set out to adopt and play.

Yesterday was dreadful and what concerns me, and in sure others will beg to differ, is that the players appear not to be enjoying it nor know what they're doing. So many times a player had the ball and said player was pointing to where others should run. Urgh.

I think AVB needs to be less regimental and more flexible and allow the players to be the same. They will enjoy it much more resulting in a more energetic performance. There is no enthusiasm and verve in our performances.
You've nailed it there fella.

Back