• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Hull City Tigers *** Capital One Cup

Hull could say that tonight, they could ask what would have happened had they scored the chance in extra time that they missed right before we equalised; the chance that they missed the target with a volley. Failure to take their chances, whilst we score a solitary goal, has cost a few opponents this season and I'm sure they've been cursing their luck.

I think the game v Everton will be very interesting. I couldn't say that we will definitely lose but I think it's going to be tough and we will have to play at a higher level than we have this season in order to get a win there.

Plus we haven't won there since the heady Jol days when Berbatov and Jenas were in their pomp. Yes they BOTH were at that time godammit!

Hull could say that tonight, they could ask what would have happened had they scored the chance in extra time that they missed right before we equalised; the chance that they missed the target with a volley. Failure to take their chances, whilst we score a solitary goal, has cost a few opponents this season and I'm sure they've been cursing their luck.

I think the game v Everton will be very interesting. I couldn't say that we will definitely lose but I think it's going to be tough and we will have to play at a higher level than we have this season in order to get a win there.

Although we do play better away from home because our slightly dull 4-2-3-1 approach to controlling possession without scoring many goals usually shuts up the home crowd, and as the game goes on allows us the chance to score on the break, or nick a late goal when they get tired (although some of our players will be pretty tired after tonight)

The lads have 3 days to rest but AVB could potentially play:

---------------Lloris------------------
Walker---Daws----Chiriches---Verts
----------Sandro--Capoue-----------
Townsend----Holtby----Lennon-----
--------------Soldado---------------

Only really Walker and Verts would have played the 120minutes today

I doubt Rose will be back

At least our players have until Sunday lunch to get back to match fitness, so 3 and a half days; an extra day based on the recovery time from the Europa League games and without having to endure any travel.

The lads have 3 days to rest but AVB could potentially play:

---------------Lloris------------------
Walker---Daws----Chiriches---Verts
----------Sandro--Capoue-----------
Townsend----Holtby----Lennon-----
--------------Soldado---------------

Only really Walker and Verts would have played the 120minutes today

I doubt Rose will be back

Chiriches marking Lukaku at ant set-piece scares me. Dawson one of one against with an on-running Lukaku or Mirallas scares me!

We made 8 changes. They are professional athletes. Our away form is usually much better than our home as well as our performances.

Townsend, Sandro, Lloris, Dawson, Rose, Soldado, Lennon, Holtby etc. all to still come back into the fold.

At least our players have until Sunday lunch to get back to match fitness, so 3 and a half days; an extra day based on the recovery time from the Europa League games and without having to endure any travel.

yep no excuses.......im sure we will get chances vs everton though I fear the damage Lukaku will do to us......Everton will be more expansive so we will get more room to manoeuvre but our passing will need to be spot on.....got a hopeful feeling lamela will come on and score a worldie for us akin to r villa vs city winning us the match;)

We've kept better players quiet.

would disagree with you on this point mumorn........to me he is the most effective striker in the epl at the moment.

I was at home vs west brom early in the season last year.....what is saw in the flesh warped my fragile little mind....from that day I knew Id seen something special even if it was a 35 mins sub appearance. the guy has everything in his locker.....and if we play the high line with no pressure in midfield we could be in a leaky canoe without a paddle.

Who are you referring to (this season)?

Cazorla and Ramsey we kept quiet, in fact I had to actually check just now if Cazorla was actually playing but I remembered he injured Capoue.
I think at times we kept Oscar quiet too, certainly made sure he didn't make much of an impact.

Lukaku is a superb player don't get me wrong, but if we stop the service getting to him (like we have done with quite a few teams and strikers this season), it should be fine. He'll obviusly get the ball and look to run at our defenders, but I am confident that with Sandro in the team, it makes our job a little bit easier.

Will be a cracking game though.

Cazorla and Ramsey we kept quiet, in fact I had to actually check just now if Cazorla was actually playing but I remembered he injured Capoue.
I think at times we kept Oscar quiet too, certainly made sure he didn't make much of an impact.

Lukaku is a superb player don't get me wrong, but if we stop the service getting to him (like we have done with quite a few teams and strikers this season), it should be fine. He'll obviusly get the ball and look to run at our defenders, but I am confident that with Sandro in the team, it makes our job a little bit easier.

Will be a cracking game though.

I seem to remember Arsenal having quite some opportunities albeit from hitting us on the break.
Chelski: we hammered them first half? Second half: did you not breathe a sigh of relief at the time that Torres was sent off?

I seem to remember Arsenal having quite some opportunities albeit from hitting us on the break.
Chelski: we hammered them first half? Second half: did you not breathe a sigh of relief at the time that Torres was sent off?

They did have some oppertunities, but can you for the life of you remember anything Ramsey or Cazorla done? I mean like you say, you remember something Lukaku done from over a year ago, THATS an impact, you can remember it.

We did hammer Chelsea first half, we kept Oscar quiet, they NEEDED to bring Mata on (a player who Mourinho has preferred Oscar over) to change the game. It's a shame we didnt bring Sandro on to counter that change.

They did have some oppertunities, but can you for the life of you remember anything Ramsey or Cazorla done? I mean like you say, you remember something Lukaku done from over a year ago, THATS an impact, you can remember it.

We did hammer Chelsea first half, we kept Oscar quiet, they NEEDED to bring Mata on (a player who Mourinho has preferred Oscar over) to change the game. It's a shame we didnt bring Sandro on to counter that change.

Indeed; but the fact I remember Lukaku's impact makes me worried. You could argue that Cazorla/Ramsey didn't play any different against us compared to last year (Ade's sending off changing things at their place) and we DIDN'T keep Mata/Chelski quite in the end.

Oh well, time will tell. Worryingly it could be argued that Martinez has AVB's number...either way it will be a good game for the neutral

Enjoyed the 1st half and the 2nd half of ET immensely, the rest was a total pile of drivel

What on earth did AVB say to the players at HT in his team talk as the 2nd half was simply awful !!!!

Nice to win a pen shootout though

Loved the atmosphere

Hats off to the 1882 movement, it certainly got the rest of the park lane going

Just hope the club will do the same for the Hammer match

First half was good although we didn't work the keeper anywhere near enough. Everything else was turgid to be honest.

My name is Nicola Berti
I'm aged around thirty
I come from a team in Milan - Inter!
When I walk down the street
All the people I meet
They say, Hey gorgeous, what's your name
My name's Nicola Berti

I loved hearing this again

Back