• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City, Sunday 27th October***

I don't disagree about the difference in quality but you couldn't move for people on here calling for Holtby to start after the West Ham games.

Doesn't mean they were right. Why didn't we just drop every player after the West Ham game? Why Eriksen was the spacegoat I don't know.

Doesn't mean they were right. Why didn't we just drop every player after the West Ham game? Why Eriksen was the spacegoat I don't know.

I don't really understand why you personalise football decisions. I don't think it is about spacegoating. I would expect that AVB made the decision based on what he thought was in the long term interests of Eriksen and by selecting the team that he thought had the best chance of winning the games.

Couple of points if I may:

We are winning games. I don't care how we play as long as we get 3 points. We have a new team so it will take time for us to play the way we like spurs to.

As a season ticket holder the crowd is poor these days. It has been for a while now. The negativity is disgusting tho.

A friend from France came to watch the game today and he said " the man in front thinks he was te manager, kept shouting rubbish"

U hear it all over the place. Fans calling players ****s, they make a bad pass and it's the end of the world. They are human for Gods sake! They are going to make mistakes.

Just support the team and be a bit more vocal in a positive way. No moaning at every misplaced pass.

It doesn't help anyone.

Couple of points if I may:

We are winning games. I don't care how we play as long as we get 3 points. We have a new team so it will take time for us to play the way we like spurs to.

As a season ticket holder the crowd is poor these days. It has been for a while now. The negativity is disgusting tho.

A friend from France came to watch the game today and he said " the man in front thinks he was te manager, kept shouting rubbish"

U hear it all over the place. Fans calling players ****s, they make a bad pass and it's the end of the world. They are human for Gods sake! They are going to make mistakes.

Just support the team and be a bit more vocal in a positive way. No moaning at every misplaced pass.

It doesn't help anyone.

=D>

Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏@AssouEkotto
At home today✌️ was hard but we did it lol #COYS

BXnBDMxIUAAhImR.jpg:large

Aaron Lennon @Aaron7Lennon

Had to grind the win out today, never easy after away European game but a wins a win, great to be back after 2 months out. #tiredlegs #coys

Surely AVB realises that the grumbling is because players are not linking up properly, we are not creating chances, we do not look like a TEAM?

If a player has no pass on, or goes backwards when he could go forwards, the fans will grumble.

It really isn't rocket science. I like the idea of AVB, I like the personality of AVB, I love that he can speak lots of languages and talk eloquently in all of them... but he also needs to get this talented bunch of players linking up with some sort of gameplan going forward.

These players have been hand picked as some of the best in Europe, surely they can form a decent team that passes and moves?

Some of you say we just need time... I would believe that if I could see progress, but I just see regress.

Our lauded Premiership wins are against Palace 1-0 with a penalty, Swansea 1-0 with a penalty, Norwich 2-0, the last minute 1-0 against Cardiff, Villa 2-0 and Hull 1-0 with a penalty.

Of course it is nice to win, but we are not looking like a good team at all.

its no wonder the media call us the most fickle fans, we're winning games and its like a wake on here, some teams that wont be mentioned won leagues this way, I love us not conceding and as fun as it was with ossie in the mid 90's, if we dont win, I dont care how entertaining the end product is. As for no atmosphere at the ground, thats the same for every club nowadays a la singing section at old trafford. Its all seater, expensive tickets, over zealous stewarding for you. I'll have another 10 1-0 wins please

There isn't a tactic that annoys me more than the pretend you're injured, lay down on the floor for 50 seconds routine. It is always so transparently obvious what is happening.
At least you haven't spent £800 hard earned quid to have this sh!t served up week after week, and then have the manager call you out for not singing. Cheeky bastid.

He's 'kin lucky we were still awake.

Our squad is not set up for 4-4-2. Who would you play wide, which full backs would you select and who would you play in central midfield? Are you suggesting dropping 4-2-3-1 altougher or do you want us to switch formations and personnel whilst bedding in new players?
We do have players for a 4-4-2. We can play Lennon on the right, Townsend on the left, and we would have genuine width on both flanks. I don't see how it would affect the full back positions. And in central midfield we have several players to choose from.

It might not be the ideal system for players like Eriksen, Holtby, Sigurdsson or Lamela, I agree with that, but it is not correct that we don't have the players to play 4-4-2.

At least you haven't spent £800 hard earned quid to have this sh!t served up week after week, and then have the manager call you out for not singing. Cheeky bastid.

He's 'kin lucky we were still awake.

He doesn't necessarily want everyone to start singing, but constant moaning and swearing at everything will affect the players just as much.

We do have players for a 4-4-2. We can play Lennon on the right, Townsend on the left, and we would have genuine width on both flanks. I don't see how it would affect the full back positions. And in central midfield we have several players to choose from.

It might not be the ideal system for players like Eriksen, Holtby, Sigurdsson or Lamela, I agree with that, but it is not correct that we don't have the players to play 4-4-2.

Has Townsend ever played a premier league game as a left winger in 4-4-2?

My point about our full backs is that our first choices are attacking full backs, happier going forwards than they are defending. To compensate for this we play two central midfielders who sit. If we drop one of the holding midfielders, then we probably need to re-think that attacking full backs.

He doesn't necessarily want everyone to start singing, but constant moaning and swearing at everything will affect the players just as much.

Especially with a young team many of whom are still adapting to the English game. If AVB believes negativity from fans is affecting the players then he's right to speak out. Overall we have looked better away from home. Of course that's partly due to the difficulty of breaking teams down at WHL, but a **** atmosphere can't help.

I'm a bit fed up with the bore-fest moaning. We have 7 new players to integrate, lost our talisman in the summer, conceded very few goals, are dominating possession and have scored a hatful in Europe at least. And we're fourth. Can we not just enjoy not being 10th-15th which we were for years and years. Give it time. It'll come better I'm sure. Agree with AVB - ****e astmosphere at home can't be great.

This is an OMT in name only. The OMT Gods should put this abomination out of its misery and let someone start one who would heed their wishes and honour them with an OMT worthy of the name.

The OMT Gods smiled once more.

In fact, we should let this merge into Wednesday's match thread too.

Back