• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT** Tottenham Hotspur v Huddlestone Town 29th Sept

Well, I was spot on when I said that playing a Dier/Dembele midfield would mean s-l-l-o-o-w-w transition and a disjointed midfield, and on top of that Dier/Dembele's passing was terrible, particularly Dier.

Our defence was scratching and scraping it forwards, the midfield were battling and shanking it wildly, every pass was too hard and chest height, I must have said "get it down, pass to a team mate" 100 times, only for the Spur to volley it throatward at a gaggle of marked players. Sheesh.

I'm assuming we will play differently against Barca, as this will NOT be good enough.

If Eriksen is playing he can link midfield and attack. Ditto Lamela. Ditto Alli when he's told to do it. But Son/Kane/Moura is just a totally separate, selfish front 3... with a midfield WAY behind them that cannot pass for toffee (Dire and Dembele).

I thought Winks and Wanyama looked miles better in midfield, particularly Winks, that boy can receive a ball, turn and pass it forwards!
Reminds me a bit of a Scott Parker type style of play. Definitely loves a bit of a pirouette.

Watching Liverpool and Chelsea shows how far behind we are.

The speed that they play the ball about at is tremendous. None of the pea rolling passes our back line play to one another, these are passes zipped across the pitch with conviction followed with first touches that leave the man receiving the ball with time to look up and make decisions. We play it so slowly that the player receiving the ball is under pressure taking their first touch and has no time to make a decision.

The speed that they play the ball about at is tremendous. None of the pea rolling passes our back line play to one another, these are passes zipped across the pitch with conviction followed with first touches that leave the man receiving the ball with time to look up and make decisions. We play it so slowly that the player receiving the ball is under pressure taking their first touch and has no time to make a decision.

We've looked like that when firing on all cylinders.

We've looked like that when firing on all cylinders.

Corrrect. We always take a little bit of time each year to get into top condition under Poch, but once we are there we are fully capable of relentlessly pouring forward quickly against even the top teams.

Liverpool always start well under Klopp. Maybe they’ll keep it going, they are good, but they never sustain the level of performance over the whole season. Chelsea under Sarri are more of an unknown quantity, but again, I don’t think they have got the players to waltz through the League playing amazing football without a dip. Theirs will come.

Nearly home!

Suspect hoodoo OMT record broken
I am now in possession of a winning m.entality.:p
3pts in the bag
They tried to get at us (partially succeeded).
No real pattern to our play (again), no risks, inventiveness, disguise, fluidity.
Kane up front doing what he does best
They had the equivalent of 25 corners including those throws...but don't think they won one header.
Dier, the misplaced pass champion
Gazza doing nothing wrong
The ref....laughable
Best atmosphere in the prem...easily (even if they didn't have the clacky clappers)
Great away day
Bring on Barca :eek:

Absolutely this.

yep pace on the ball. good teams have it.
in my view we used to play faster under poch, now, its pedestrian average at best.

i think our fitness routine/regime can't keep up with pool and Emirates Marketing Project. someone queried me for a source when i suggested it last, of course no one declares their secret drink.. klopp admitted to it, fifa has never denied very open standards, even nadal's personal doctor dabbles in it.

yep pace on the ball. good teams have it.
in my view we used to play faster under poch, now, its pedestrian average at best.

i think our fitness routine/regime can't keep up with pool and Emirates Marketing Project. someone queried me for a source when i suggested it last, of course no one declares their secret drink.. klopp admitted to it, fifa has never denied very open standards, even nadal's personal doctor dabbles in it.
Dabbles in what, Holmes?

Perhaps we should have loaned in a few players to help with the squad. Players have played non stop for 3 years. Serious mental and physical exhaustion.

It's odd then that our fitness regime meant that we hit form at exactly the right point last season and overtook Liverpool.

Did we win this game 2-0? Are we fourth on the table without a home stadium? FFS we were slow for the first 25 mins sure, but after that the performance was mostly solid.

Three points is the priority for us until we can settle in the new year, but still the gremlins rear their heads to bring the negativity.

I honestly can't believe a portion of our fanbase. You think I'd have learnt to accept it by now, but that feels like defeat.

COYS! Keep on rollin'.

Surprised at the pessimism in this thread. Thought yesterday was a good showing. We weathered their early barrage quite comfortably and always looked the much more likely team to score. Our defence never got ripped open like it did at Brighton and we made lots of chances without our most creative attacking midfielders. Good to see Wanyama back too. I thought it was a good day at the office.

I listened on the radio and it sounded as though we were comfortably in control for most of the game, give or take a bit of slackness in midfield. With my glass-half-empty, Spurs-fan hat on, I might be tempted to go, "Yes, but take away one great save by Gazzaniga and the width of a crossbar and they could have nicked a point." Well, close but no cigar, suckers. The Best Atmosphere in the League [TM] doesn't seem to be doing a lot for them, really, does it? Still without a single goal at home in 4 games and counting, and with Liverpool up next to boot....

I listened on the radio and it sounded as though we were comfortably in control for most of the game, give or take a bit of slackness in midfield. With my glass-half-empty, Spurs-fan hat on, I might be tempted to go, "Yes, but take away one great save by Gazzaniga and the width of a crossbar and they could have nicked a point." Well, close but no cigar, suckers. The Best Atmosphere in the League [TM] doesn't seem to be doing a lot for them, really, does it? Still without a single goal at home in 4 games and counting, and with Liverpool up next to boot....
We didn't have to do much to win, and that's how we like it. I want us to 'look' better...but I know those days will come.

It is the best atmosphere in the league and fair play to them, their team are bang average and although they are fully committed/motivated as a team, defensively they are tinkle poor and give out chances like Christmas presents.

If that was us, the only noise you'd hear is moaning, so give them (their fans) some slack.

Back