• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT** Tottenham Hotspur v Huddlestone Town 29th Sept

3pm Saturday 29th September

huddersfield-tottenham.jpg

Chich done a fine job last week.....

Now miraculously (stupidly, according to the wife) i'm off to this.

Nearly 5hrs in the car says google maps, so i've ditched that and booked the train (pro tip 1st class on the way up, normal on the way back as if footie fans are on board, your first class means jack)

Are we in a bad patch, good patch or a nicotine patch...whatever we are lets kick whats in front of us, very hard, and topple it over.

'I've got this'

Poch-large_transqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

------------Gazza-------------
--Trippier Toby Verts Rose--
------Dier-------Dembele----
--Moura----Eriksen----Alli--
------------Son-------------

2-0 Spurs

3pm Saturday 29th September

huddersfield-tottenham.jpg

Chich done a fine job last week.....

Now miraculously (stupidly, according to the wife) i'm off to this.

Nearly 5hrs in the car says google maps, so i've ditched that and booked the train (pro tip 1st class on the way up, normal on the way back as if footie fans are on board, your first class means jack)

Are we in a bad patch, good patch or a nicotine patch...whatever we are lets kick whats in front of us, very hard, and topple it over.

'I've got this'

Poch-large_transqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg
I had to go up there on business once. Far easier to fly to Leeds or Manchester and get the train.

Hopefully Lucas Moura can get back amongst the goals again. His performance against Manchester United led me to think that he would have a significant impact this season, and since he’s been a lot quieter. Would love to see him running at their defence, making things happen again.

Hopefully Lucas Moura can get back amongst the goals again. His performance against Manchester United led me to think that he would have a significant impact this season, and since he’s been a lot quieter. Would love to see him running at their defence, making things happen again.

He had one mazy run between 4 defenders and emerged with the ball. Wasn't in the right part of the pitch. If Poch can set us up and isolate slow defenders against Moura he could be a wepon. But he does the allround game too - closing, running etc. Son looked good coming on fresh. I think the the two of them will interchange all season like the FBs.

Lamela should start. Possibly instead of Alli if he’s still not 400% or Eriksen.

Kane will also start.

Lamela is still a contradiction. He gave away too many fouls. In the build up to their goal he loses the ball on the edge of the pitch, tries a foul, misses the man, and it results in a goal. At the other end he's more promising, but far from consistent. Too many times trying to run through a packed centre of the pitch. With more games he'd get better, but he is second choice behind Son, Moura, Alli.

Against teams who park the bus I think we should play...
------------Gazza-------------
--Trippier Toby Verts Rose--
------Dier-------Lamela----
--Moura----Eriksen----Alli--
------------Kane--------

With Dembele coming on for Lamela after 60 mins.

Lamela is still a contradiction. He gave away too many fouls. In the build up to their goal he loses the ball on the edge of the pitch, tries a foul, misses the man, and it results in a goal. At the other end he's more promising, but far from consistent. Too many times trying to run through a packed centre of the pitch. With more games he'd get better, but he is second choice behind Son, Moura, Alli.

I think this is the sort of game where you rotate and give your “second choices” a go and see if they can improve themselves. Lamela, for me, is bordering on first choice so I’d play him all day long.

Gazza
Rose
Jan
Toby
Tripps
Dier
Dembele
Dele
Son
Lamela
Kane

Moura rested on the bench, alongside Davies, Sanchez, Winks, Wanyama, not bad options!

Last edited:
Gazza
Rose
Jan
Toby
Tripps
Dier
Dembele
Dele
Son
Lamela
Kane

Moura rested on the bench, alongside Davies, Sanchez, Winks, Wanyama, not bad options!

Probably the team I'd go for, although not sure who would miss out from Lucas, Lamela and Son.

I would need to see the fitness reports on the three of them to decide.

People who play sport or take exercise: is there anything sensible to be said about duration and prognosis of abdomen injuries?

People who play sport or take exercise: is there anything sensible to be said about duration and prognosis of abdomen injuries?

Should really ask some experts, then you can get several differing opitions. Any recovery from injury is totally dependant on the level of damage and the individual, the player will be ready when hes ready and not before.

Should really ask some experts, then you can get several differing opitions. Any recovery from injury is totally dependant on the level of damage and the individual, the player will be ready when hes ready and not before.

Yeah, just surprised that it was an abdomen injury. Not heard of that before. Perhaps it’s the new euphemism for groin strain.

Back