• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton***

That was only to counter Watford playing with two strikers, and it worked perfectly! Igahlo was lucky with the goal. Otherwise both he and Deeney were frustrated. How did people not see this? It was tactically brilliant from Poch! Everton don't play two up front, so we won't play like that this game.

Lucky?
Did you not see the goal.
As the ball comes in Igahlo forces himself in between the ball and Dier physically bullying Dier. As Dier tries to head it Igahlo pushes Dier back forcing him to miss it. Then as soon as the ball lands Igahlo flicks the ball past Dier (who is still thinking about the header), leaves Dier behind him brushes off Alderweireld's too late attempt to stop him and calmly puts it past Lloris. All the while Alderweireld and Vertonghen had stood static watching until it was way too late.

That was only to counter Watford playing with two strikers, and it worked perfectly! Igahlo was lucky with the goal. Otherwise both he and Deeney were frustrated. How did people not see this? It was tactically brilliant from Poch! Everton don't play two up front, so we won't play like that this game.

It also left us short in midfield and rather toothless up front.

This will be the first Prem game I will be unable to attend this season :oops:, and I hope the lads will carry on the good run they are on.

Lloris

Walker Toby Jan Davies

Dier Alli

Lamela Eriksen Son

Kane.

I think that team gets kicked about a bit.
We do need to play to our strengths to win, but also recognise Evertons CM is tough, as is Lukaku.
Eriksen and Son are not rough and tumble enough, I'd go with Mason CM and Alli ahead of Son. Alli will get stuck in and need replacing after 60 mins before he gets sent off, but we can't let Everton bully us from the start.
Lamela, Died and Mason could be key centrally.
Such a shame Dembele is out as he would scare them so much and probably have McCarthy sent off in the first half.

Alderweirald vs Lukaku will key also - if Martinez is smart he'll tell Lukaku to target Verts

Need our strongest possible team out for this game, particularly as we are likely to make changes for the Leicester FA Cup game next weekend. Walker, Eriksen and Mason (if fully fit) in for Trippier, Carroll and Dembele from Watford game for me and this team:

Lloris, Walker, Alder, Verts, Rose, Dier, Mason, Lamela, Alli, Eriksen and Kane

I'd go with...

----------------Lloris---------------
Walker---Alder---Vert---Davies
------Dier------Bentaleb--------
Lamela------Alli------Eriksen
---------------Kane-------------

Rose was quite sloppy with a lot of his play in that last game and has not hit last season's form at all IMO. Davies has looked decent when called on.

I think Eriksen has a point to prove and has not been as bad as some of the comments would lead you to believe. I'd give him another shot in this one.

Bentaleb needs to get back to the basics again but I still think he is a fantastic player in the making. Poch I'm sure would have talked to him about the show-boating in his last performance.

Last edited:
----------------Lloris---------------
Walker---Alder---Vert---Davies
------Dier------Alli------
Lamela------Son------Eriksen
---------------Kane-------------

For me

I dunno if Everton have been playing Kone lately, but if they have, then I'd definitely start Rose. The last time we played them, Rose just shut him down totally.

Carroll seems to be in favour with Poch lately. I wonder if it will be him that comes into the side to replace Dembele rather than Bentaleb or Mason.

We're only missing Moussa at the moment so we're in a pretty great state injury wise and the team are on a massive high

Im sure that Barty and Besis will try to be aggressive but that suits us. Will be interesting to see if Barkley plays as greedy as he does for England. Their defence is all over the place at the moment which so side as they have the messiah in Stones back there

I can see this being like their game vs Chelsea last season to be honest and a real yo yo one.

I like carrol but this is not the game for that IMO

I am trying to second guess Poch rather than say that is what I think we should do. Although, I think that Carroll arguably has a better case for starting than Bentaleb based on recent performances.

I would be surprised (and disappointed) if Son doesn't start. Poch normally plays goal scorers in the following game and his winner against Watford should give him a starting place.

It would have been a lot better with Dier further forward. The OMT was filled with moaning about how we were losing out in midfield.
What are you on about? We won the game and they created almost zip zero, and the goal they got was a complete fluke! How about you just admit that it was not a coincidence, but (at least a fair bit) down to how we set up. Really don't see your point.

Last edited:
I think that team gets kicked about a bit. We do need to play to our strengths to win, but also recognise Evertons CM is tough, as is Lukaku. Eriksen and Son are not rough and tumble enough, I'd go with Mason CM and Alli ahead of Son. Alli will get stuck in and need replacing after 60 mins before he gets sent off, but we can't let Everton bully us from the start. Lamela, Died and Mason could be key centrally. Such a shame Dembele is out as he would scare them so much and probably have McCarthy sent off in the first half. Alderweirald vs Lukaku will key also - if Martinez is smart he'll tell Lukaku to target Verts

I'm not so sure. Last year ( pre-Toby), Verts had his fellow Belgian national in his pocket (iirc). I don't think Lukaku has ever done much against us has he ?

We will win this game 3-0.

Lamela, Kane and Sonny to score..

Lloris
Walker
Alderweireld
Verts
Davies
Lamela
Alli
Dier
Carroll
Son