• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton***

From ESPNFC

Perhaps it is typical of this strangest of seasons that on a weekend when Tottenham fell further behind the league leaders, they also embellished their title credentials. A day after Arsenal won, their neighbours only drew against Everton. They did so, however, in such style to suggest they are serious challengers.

While many come to Goodison Park and collect points, few do so with such dominance. Everton could count themselves unfortunate to lose at home to Stoke on Monday but they were lucky to avoid defeat six days later. Tottenham increased the division's longest current unbeaten away run, which dates back to an opening-day defeat at Manchester United, but probably deserved to complete the Christmas and New Year fixtures with a fourth straight win. The one concern is that they draw too many games as they shared the points for the ninth time this season.

Full article: http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-ma...enham-draw-at-everton-shows-title-credentials

In other words, quit whining. We're pretty good.

Do not hold your breath for that to happen.

Been out all day and just finished watching a recording of the match. Don't know what's already been said here, but my own view is that we were by far the better side for most of the game and were unfortunate not to take all three points. Because of that, it's obviously quite disappointing that we didn't win. So I'm not exactly feeling great about the result right now. But with a bit of perspective; I'm loving what Pochettino is doing for us at Spurs, and it's clear we have a quality side right now. The future is bright.

But yeah, disappointing we couldn't convert our dominance into 3 points today. Can't get away from that fact either.

Mind you, even as I sat down to watch the game, I said to the wife... "Aaron Lennon is going to take points off us today".

We are always better with Dembele.
I think Bentaleb might have given us that control and strength but Poch went to win the game hence attacking subs, i.e. Chadli, Onomah and Son, you can't blame him much for that.
I would have taken Carroll off, especially after his yellow and we seemed to lose energy and composure. Rose on the left would have given us energy.
In terms of signings, we tend to struggle to beat teams who park the bus partly as we don't have that direct runner to play on the break, like BaleLennon in their prime, with Njie out we could do with a dribbler who gets into the box. Lamela dribbles across the pitch too much. Bolasie, Shaqiri, Arnautovic like player would be worth getting. Aside of a Kane sub.
Broadly speaking , you agree. We need that extra strength in the middle to compete!
I would definitely go for an extra DM in the transfer market ASAP...unfortunely I can,t make it happen.
Pritchard all though somewhat different(only seen him on YouTube) can be a direct runner into the box.
He looks a great option BTWay.......
Come on you Spurs.............................

Yes, not Eriksen's fault really. Davies didn't affect proceedings and Verts didn't challenge Lukaku nor block the shot. It is noticeable that most players, including Vertonghen, twist away from the ball when trying to block it, whereas Aldereiweld mans up and properly keeps facing up to the block, and is more effective due to that bravery.

Come on guys...Eriksen losing the ball is one thing. But he simply stood off Cleverly and allowed him an age to cross!!!!!! That's what annoyed more than being bundled off the ball! Anyway, onwards...

Come on guys...Eriksen losing the ball is one thing. But he simply stood off Cleverly and allowed him an age to cross!!!!!! That's what annoyed more than being bundled off the ball! Anyway, onwards...

I thought that it was noticeable that he played a lot deeper yesterday. I don't know whether he was dragged there or following orders.

I thought that it was noticeable that he played a lot deeper yesterday. I don't know whether he was dragged there or following orders.
We kinda played 4-3-3 at times as they did but it could be because they were so far back due to our dominance it looked like he was deeper than he actually was

Yes, not Eriksen's fault really. Davies didn't affect proceedings and Verts didn't challenge Lukaku nor block the shot. It is noticeable that most players, including Vertonghen, twist away from the ball when trying to block it, whereas Aldereiweld mans up and properly keeps facing up to the block, and is more effective due to that bravery.

It annoyed me too that Vertonghen didn't go for a proper block. In an otherwise very good game from him that was disappointing. He did have a block later in the game where he blocked a shot with his head iirc, so not always a lack of bravery there.

Davies got pulled in a little bit towards the Lukaku-Verts duel, which I think is understandable. Missed his positioning by a yard if at all in a difficult situation, not a big mistake for me.

Yeah. Definitely could have done better. Also Walker's pass is risky, but credit to Baines for reading the situation, being aggressive and then a nice bit of skill and awareness with the back heel. Was good play overall by Everton and we got done. Some mistakes from us, but nothing huge.

-------------------------------------------------

Overall I thought we played really well. Looking at multiple games we probably only deserved a draw against Watford, but got the win. Yesterday we deserved the win, but only got a draw. This is the variance of football as far as I'm concerned. 10 points from our last 4 is both very good and about what we've deserved based on our performances.

back to 4-4-2 away and on a wet pitch, it was a pretty good performance.

we ought to have won that - a bit unlucky with hitting the woodwork twice. :mad:

loved this from ToffeeTalk

"These are head and shoulders above us out of possession. Organised, high energy, high press, winning nearly every 50/50 - and with a bunch of kids. fudge I wish Pochettino was our manager. "

I thought we were close to perfect for the first 30 mins - and pleased overall

loved this from ToffeeTalk

"These are head and shoulders above us out of possession. Organised, high energy, high press, winning nearly every 50/50 - and with a bunch of kids. fudge I wish Pochettino was our manager. "

I thought we were close to perfect for the first 30 mins - and pleased overall

Sums it up really well :)

I too wish for Pochettino as our manager... Wish come true. Happy days :)

back to 4-4-2 away and on a wet pitch, it was a pretty good performance.

we ought to have won that - a bit unlucky with hitting the woodwork twice. :mad:

First your post the other day and now this one, are you sure your watching the Spurs games. :confused:

I know it's hard because we are pushing for top 4 etc and points make prizes BUT

(to agree with Toby) That first 45 mins was the best we've played this season, and with such a young team performance is everything. It shows progression and development.

We did the press, but it was our forward passing and link up that exceeded anything i've seen previously. Everyone in tune, composed and confident in our plan.

I love Poch on the sideline just simply shouting 'It's OK, It's OK' ie re-assuring the boys that we're on the right path, in control and not to worry.

We dropped two points but if we play like that first half for the rest of the season it wouldn't be top 4 we'd be looking at.

I know it's hard because we are pushing for top 4 etc and points make prizes BUT

(to agree with Toby) That first 45 mins was the best we've played this season, and with such a young team performance is everything. It shows progression and development.

We did the press, but it was our forward passing and link up that exceeded anything i've seen previously. Everyone in tune, composed and confident in our plan.

I love Poch on the sideline just simply shouting 'It's OK, It's OK' ie re-assuring the boys that we're on the right path, in control and not to worry.

We dropped two points but if we play like that first half for the rest of the season it wouldn't be top 4 we'd be looking at.

This for me too. And I think the players showed a great attitude after going 1-0 down. They very much exemplified what Pochettino was saying on the sideline and looked confident that they would find the net. We've seen that a lot this season, the confidence that we will score if we just play our game.

I thought we were, generally speaking, magnificent until their double substitution. The level of pressing was incredible, Everton really struggled to get out of their half.

The only thing lacking for me was that there weren't that many actual chances being created. Kane can look awfully isolated sometimes.

Its a real shame we couldn't have picked up the 3 points there, it was a genuine "muscular" performance that i think would have given every other team in the league pause for serious serious thought.

Alli, just amazing for his age, incredible control for his goal and more importantly he didn't hesistate or try for another touch like many players would, superb.

Toms a difficult one, one of those players its hard to be convinced by. Was he a weak link? or was he actually the reason for our dominance? Could be either or both.

Toby and Jan really are starting to seem like a brutal defensive partnership and with Dier ahead of them its a formidable wall to get through. Hopefully Dier can just stop the occasional concentration slip/poor pass.

With Walker, hmmmm. He got the ball a few times well up on the pitch and each time i just didn't get the impression anything was going to come from it.

Looking good everywhere in concllusion, we just need a bit more firepower and/or guile in the final third.

really enjoyed the game though, except for Lennon the little bastard :)) Reminded me of his goal for us against Chelsea that time

My ghod what a load of whinging cry-babies you lot are! Complain, complain, complain! "X was rubbish." "Y offers nothing", "Z is better than Y and should have started" and so on. And you complain about the crowd at WHL.... Take a look in the mirror! It was a brilliant game of football, and everyone gave it their all! None were perfect, and none where rubbish. We played a very good game vs a good team, away from home, and we got a draw. Could have won, but it's not a bad result. Chill out guys and give the team some credit! They deserve it! Support, don't slate a very good effort.

Well said Kandi!

Shame because if one of those shots to the woodwork would have gone in, there's no way we're not winning that game in the first half. But still great stuff from Spurs, really excited

I said to my mate 5 mins in, I should have a bet on Lennon scoring and I still could have done it in running, doesn't that always happen to us, that aside we were magnificent 1st half and it was just our luck to hit woodwork all the time, 2nd half martinez made some good subs and we were visibly tired in the last 20 mins, kane especially, he barely touched the ball in the last 30 mins.
The goal aside, Alli was running rings round their backline, he really is the pickup of the year but like others have said, we so need another threat upfront, we have a decent enough midfield but just need another poacher to complement harry.

Back