• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton***

Just got back from my first awayday of the season, and all I can do is to repeat another poster...
None were perfect, and none where rubbish. We played a very good game vs a good team, away from home, and we got a draw. Could have won, but it's not a bad result. Chill out guys and give the team some credit! They deserve it! Support, don't slate a very good effort.

I wish Pochettino would stop talking about how we could possibly win the league. We never seem to learn that we just need to take every game as it comes and continue to work hard. How many times in recent seasons have players come out and said: "We have closed to get on Arsenal", and similar things? How many times have we finished ahead of Arsenal? Let's just keep our fudgeing mouths shut, give our best in every game and see where we are in May. We aren't going to win the league. We aren't good enough for that. But if we keep the right focus, we have an outside chance of finishing in he top 4.
Poch never said we could win the league, but when responding to the inevitable question "Can Spurs win it?" when we're 4 points off the top and playing good football, what do you expect him to say? "Nah, we're a brick side." As for finishing top-4, why do you think we have only an outside chance? What other teams outside the top-4 are playing better than us that we're lucky to be where we are and thus considered and outsider?

First half right up there with the best of the season. We looked a class above them but tired a lot around the 60-70 min mark. Shame that the subs were just not up to it, Chadli and Son poor and Onomah thrown on very late to make a difference.

10 points from our last 12 is still a very good return and a point at Goodison is not to be sniffed at. Just disappointing as Stoke and Leicester won there recently.

Well to be fair to Son he's a new signing and needs time to settle, since his injury I don't think he's started a game (1 or 2 maybe - can't remember every game) so he's probably only ever started a maximum of 5 games for us. We need to get him some game time so he can get used to the team and the premiership.

Only read this page and I ain't reading anymore. You lot are just like the pi110ck stood next to me at the match, yeh you with the "Rainbow" badge! (the band not bungle etc.). Not one positive word came out of his mouth (which never shut btw) throughout the whole match. You'd have thought we were Villa he seemed to think we were so poor.

We went a goal behind after dominating and had the ba115 to stick to our gameplan and pull it back, where previously we'd have crumbled. End of the day we're a bit pi55ed because we thought this should have been a 3 pointer. Do you you lot quite realise what that says about where we're currently at? Cos there's an awful lot of pundits and supporters of other teams who do.

Does it really matter? It's not like they're on the pitch affecting the outcome of the game. All they do is talk, so let them talk stupid stuff and at the end of the season eat their words. More fun that way. ;)

Not really I suppose, just a pet hate. Unfortunately it isnt very often we get the chance to make them eat their words. Would love this season to be different though

I thought Walker was more at fault for the goal then Eriksen. When he had it, I said out loud "Just clip it down the line" because you could see Eriksen would be in trouble, and he played him right into it. After that, Vert and Davies didn't cover themselves in glory either. Very harsh to blame Eriksen for the goal imo.

I would agree that one person is never fully responsible, but in this case, my blame on Christian is not necessarily losing it (though he is better than that, we all know it) but is in his play directly afterwards, when he saw coverage behind him and simply failed to put any pressure on Cleverly whatsoever, basically giving him a set-piece delivery opportunity. He had to pressure at least the space in front of Cleverley!

But...that being said, he is a tremendous talent, this is a great squad, and if this is a dip for him (and he can come back firing later in the season) then arm around the shoulder and support all the way for the man. Who knows what is going on in his life right now?

Overall I'd have taken a point gladly before the game, but after a first-half where we had no luck and deserved to go in 3-0 up, I expected three points. Of course, have to say (as I have done all season) this squad are exceeding my expectations for this season and we are royally ahead of schedule for me!

A great holiday return it must be said where we have got a hold on 4th for the first time this season.

Couldn't it be something as simple as Alli taking his place at 10 and eriksen just having a dip in form

Also couldn't it be that Alli is benefitting from eriksen possibly being marked more maybe...

I think there is something going on, but there again, he is a young man, a great talent and perhaps (just perhaps) it is the sort of dip in form that happens. As much as I have criticized him recently, I am always prepared to give a player like this the time, space and support to play himself back into form. Have to say, the cup match is that perfect opportunity perhaps? Maybe rest Alli, play Dier and Bentaleb, play Eriksen where he wants in that front 4 and adjust accordingly???

We'll have games like this and maybe we had more of our share than other teams. Lack of finishing has cost us several points, but as opposed to seasons past, we're actually creating a ton of chances and our play is so fluid. Luck is bound to even out eventually. As a number of others have said, 10 pts out of 12, with 7 of them coming playing away at teams that are no mugs ain't too shabby. Perhaps if we had won today and drawn at Watford, which would have more closely reflected our performances, people would have been happier, but at the end of the day the net result is the same. And come on guys, all this criticism given our excellent first half and even second half, just because we were unlucky not to score, is silly.

Lack of finishing.... We have the best shots on target ratio in the league but if feel like we need to shoot more

We had several times in the first twenty where we over complicated it by passing

He needs a rest in the FA Cup. We simply have to bring in some sort of alternative in this window, and sooner rather than later

1000000% this! It's a VERY big gamble having only 1 bona fide striker in your squad. Yes, Son, Chadli and Njie CAN play there, but that's not the same as having a an actual striker. Even someone like Charlie Austin would do as a back up. If Kane gets injured, then I sadly think we can kiss the top 4 goodbye.

I'm a bit gutted we didn't win after playing so well in the first half, but there is no way Everton were going to play as badly in the 2nd half. They have too much individual quality to not cause teams problems at home.

I would have left Alli on personally as he was our best player.

Lamela was hard working as ever but he got away with a few fouls today so would have subbed him sooner.

Just our luck that Lennon, a player that scored about 3 a season for us chooses today to score his first goal for Everton.

From ESPNFC

Perhaps it is typical of this strangest of seasons that on a weekend when Tottenham fell further behind the league leaders, they also embellished their title credentials. A day after Arsenal won, their neighbours only drew against Everton. They did so, however, in such style to suggest they are serious challengers.

While many come to Goodison Park and collect points, few do so with such dominance. Everton could count themselves unfortunate to lose at home to Stoke on Monday but they were lucky to avoid defeat six days later. Tottenham increased the division's longest current unbeaten away run, which dates back to an opening-day defeat at Manchester United, but probably deserved to complete the Christmas and New Year fixtures with a fourth straight win. The one concern is that they draw too many games as they shared the points for the ninth time this season.

Full article: http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-ma...enham-draw-at-everton-shows-title-credentials

In other words, quit whining. We're pretty good.

Lack of finishing.... We have the best shots on target ratio in the league but if feel like we need to shoot more

We had several times in the first twenty where we over complicated it by passing

Happened a few times today with Lamela. Hhe beat his man got to the bi-line and then went back to beat his man again, instead of making a simple cross. There were other instances from others where a first time shot would have at least worked the keeper, but no another pass.

IJust our luck that Lennon, a player that scored about 3 a season for us chooses today to score his first goal for Everton.
Predictable, wunnit.

Just like Jesus Navas who almost never scores, just drives into space and shovels a cross into the first man... against Spurs it took him about 6 seconds to blaze a long distance scorcher into the top corner. Mental. He'll probably never achieve that again, yet it took him just seconds against us!

I can live with drawing away at Everton and Arsenal, even when we deserve to win. It's the dropped points against the likes of West Brom, Stoke, Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc that really irk me.

Happened a few times today with Lamela. Hhe beat his man got to the bi-line and then went back to beat his man again, instead of making a simple cross. There were other instances from others where a first time shot would have at least worked the keeper, but no another pass.

Yep, front three weren't as fluid today. Lamella would have been crossing to no one, didn't have the usual zip in front of the box and for 60 mins I thought walker had bo, the amount of times he was free down his side yet players looked the away was incredible.
I think we were to conservative and worried about turn overs.

I thought Walker was more at fault for the goal then Eriksen. When he had it, I said out loud "Just clip it down the line" because you could see Eriksen would be in trouble, and he played him right into it. After that, Vert and Davies didn't cover themselves in glory either. Very harsh to blame Eriksen for the goal imo.

Agreed. Eriksen was a bit weak for the goal, but Walker put him in trouble with the pass. Vertonghen turned away from the shot also.

Agreed. Eriksen was a bit weak for the goal, but Walker put him in trouble with the pass. Vertonghen turned away from the shot also.
Yes, not Eriksen's fault really. Davies didn't affect proceedings and Verts didn't challenge Lukaku nor block the shot. It is noticeable that most players, including Vertonghen, twist away from the ball when trying to block it, whereas Aldereiweld mans up and properly keeps facing up to the block, and is more effective due to that bravery.

Back