• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton***

Brilliant first half, shame about their goal. Should've been 2-3 goals up, really. Second half we were better for 15mins, then they battered us.

Happy with the point, we could easily have lost this game. Annoying we didn't take our chances before the break, but overall ok with the draw.

Indeed we could have. In fact only 3 (or 4) seasons ago we were leading 1-0 with only minutes left and ended up losing 2-1.

Rose is. We have a huge amount of games coming up and have just got over a busy schedule. Davies has been very solid this year but Rose has consistently put in better performances time and time again but davies will be needed for certain games and when rose isn't playing well.

Today davies looked vulnerable against lennon and showed why rose is a far superior fit for our team currently

I would rest him more at Home,[Rose]as he can power forward more and make the difference in the difficult away games...

I thought that Davies was outstanding today. I think I'd have him above Rose in the pecking order at the moment. But the rotation that we have at left back really is exceptional to be honest. What a great couple of left backs we have.

I love rose but thought Davies deserved his chance as Rose was iffy against Watford

Superb first half today and deserved to be leading at half time possibly by 2 goals. We are though starting to show a worrying trend of tiring in the last 15 minutes and letting teams come on to us. Is the pressing in the first half starting to affect our 2nd half performance?

Am also concerned that Poch might be deciding on the substitutions before the match as Son and Chadli on for Eriksen and Alli seemed a strange choice when it was really crying out for Bentaleb in central midfield and with Lamela on a yellow card. I suppose the encouraging thing is that the substitutions were positive and going for the qin but feel that one of these days we will come unstuck

Davies...I wouldn't say he did badly, but he was at fault for the goal, drawing too close to Lukaku as the ball was crossed (who was already being covered by Jan) and thus leaving Lennon in acres of space when the knock-down arrived. He also wasn't great against Deulofeu.

I love rose but thought Davies deserved his chance as Rose was iffy against Watford
I agree. I also think that Davies' attacking contribution is underrated on here. He gets forward extremely well and puts some high quality balls into the box. Whn the ball comes into him I'm always confident that he'll retain possession.

I agree. I also think that Davies' attacking contribution is underrated on here. He gets forward extremely well and puts some high quality balls into the box. Whn the ball comes into him I'm always confident that he'll retain possession.

He played really well

His shot was classy and really unlucky

Rose is. We have a huge amount of games coming up and have just got over a busy schedule. Davies has been very solid this year but Rose has consistently put in better performances time and time again but davies will be needed for certain games and when rose isn't playing well.

Today davies looked vulnerable against lennon and showed why rose is a far superior fit for our team currently

Was that you talking about agendas earlier? lol

Lennon did nothing today apart from his wonderhit.

First half right up there with the best of the season. We looked a class above them but tired a lot around the 60-70 min mark. Shame that the subs were just not up to it, Chadli and Son poor and Onomah thrown on very late to make a difference.

10 points from our last 12 is still a very good return and a point at Goodison is not to be sniffed at. Just disappointing as Stoke and Leicester won there recently.

Am also concerned that Poch might be deciding on the substitutions before the match as Son and Chadli on for Eriksen and Alli seemed a strange choice when it was really crying out for Bentaleb in central midfield and with Lamela on a yellow card.

We needed a goal, Eriksen was ineffective so bring on Son since he scored last game, makes sense to me.

Then Alli got injured, Chadli scored goals last year... so the subs weren't strange IMO.

Having said that, Martinez changed the game by bringing on Besic for Kone and going wonky with Delofeu right and nobody left (I think). This nullified us a lot.

I will say one thing that sounds very negative. We again looked knackered and I dread to think how we might get on in March (just like last season)
Literally the only thing I noticed of Lennon today was the goal

Because his final ball/decison was poor as usual

He played really well

His shot was classy and really unlucky

He really didn't play REALLY well. Just like rose wasn't very good against watford, davies got beaten by lennon and Delafaou and positionally was poor for their goal and got sucked towards lukaku several times. I didn't say he was poor, just that he looked vulnerable and that they got a lot of success down our left....Anyway I don't want to go into some big debate over this as it's pretty much been proven what Poch thinks this season and it shouldn't take away from a good performanxe from the team up until the 70 min mark

Davies...I wouldn't say he did badly, but he was at fault for the goal, drawing too close to Lukaku as the ball was crossed (who was already being covered by Jan) and thus leaving Lennon in acres of space when the knock-down arrived. He also wasn't great against Deulofeu.

If we want to apportion blame for the goal, the moment Eriksen lost it and then stood off the fella crossing, thus giving him time and space, was criminal. I was screaming at the tube! Alas I was right. Very disappointed again in Christian.

LCLC is a funny funny man! Davies was excellent today, like he has been every time he's played (bar one dodgy european game). Rose has had a terrible season after being excellent last year. Davies is our number one left back by some distance. Just glad finally posh sees it.

I wish Pochettino would stop talking about how we could possibly win the league. We never seem to learn that we just need to take every game as it comes and continue to work hard. How many times in recent seasons have players come out and said: "We have closed to get on Arsenal", and similar things? How many times have we finished ahead of Arsenal? Let's just keep our fudgeing mouths shut, give our best in every game and see where we are in May. We aren't going to win the league. We aren't good enough for that. But if we keep the right focus, we have an outside chance of finishing in he top 4.

He has been taken out of context.

If we want to apportion blame for the goal, the moment Eriksen lost it and then stood off the fella crossing, thus giving him time and space, was criminal. I was screaming at the tube! Alas I was right. Very disappointed again in Christian.

Perhaps, although given the amount of space the ball covered after the error by Eriksen, we really should have been better organized at the back stick.

Back